test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dragon Flight scores

drartwhodentdrartwhodent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 301 Arc User
Is there a way to show them again?
Since mod 9, all I see is what place I got. 1st, 3rd, etc.
They were a nice way to see how buffs / changes to gear or enchants affected my dps without having to dig through combat logs.
DON'T
PANIC!

Comments

• Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Don't have an option like demo or tiamat?
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

Is there a way to show them again?
    Since mod 9, all I see is what place I got. 1st, 3rd, etc.
    They were a nice way to see how buffs / changes to gear or enchants affected my dps without having to dig through combat logs.

you score high in dragonflight when u hit the empowers. try hit only boss and you will go down ranks.
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    Dragonflight points don't matter. Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    drartwhodentdrartwhodent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 301 Arc User
    1. I know empowerers give better score - they have much less damage resistance.
    2. I know the points don't really matter.
    3. No, there is no option that I can see to show them.

As I stated originally, they WERE a nice easy way to get a general idea if your dps changed dramatically from changes / buffs from other players / etc.

What is ACT? Some kind of (against the ToS) addon?
    DON'T
    PANIC!
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    http://laggygamerz.com/forum/index.php?/topic/13-advanced-combat-tracker-neverwinter/

And if it's a violation of ToS, then there will be hundreds upon thousands of users banned.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    ACT doesn't actually interact with Neverwinter, it just reads data out of the combat text file that Neverwinter creates automatically. As far as I know there's no communication between the two programs. Neverwinter isn't sending any data to ACT and ACT isn't passing anything back to Neverwinter.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    ACT is like a reader and recorded what you do, just like you are using Video recording that came with on keyboard, super-screenshot format.
    ACT doesnt do with 3rd party.
  • Options
    juleadreamjuleadream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    ACT doesn't actually record anything in-game. Neverwinter records the data and saves it in a text file in the Logs folder within the Neverwinter folder. ACT does not have to be running to do so. By the same token, Neverwinter does not need to be running when you parse the data. All ACT does is take the data that the game itself recorded and analyse it and render it into a (relatively) easy to understand format. Ironzerg is correct in saying there is no direct interaction between the two.
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    And to be clear, the devs have said that using ACT is allowed.
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    ACT - Advanced Combat Tracker. As stated its a log parser that is built to parse logs of all types, Neverwinter included.

Here's some instructions:
    http://greycloaks.enjin.com/mobile/forum/viewthread/m/14382018/id/12285613

Note, I've had conversations about whether ACT is allowed with multiple Cryptic staff members as well as community moderators. ACT is NOT a violation of the rules. There have been times, in fact, where the Devs have actually requested ACT parses.
  • Options
    jasiala#3389 jasiala Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Can anyone point me to working ACT plugin for NWO? The one from 2014 doesnt work (it parses nothing). Any help appreciated.
    jurekjurek AT gmail DOT com
  • Options
    nosimonosimo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 48 Arc User
    If you have the most recent version of act it may not work, drop back a version.