What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Looking for solution after nerf

2»

Comments

• Options
    michaelrn1982michaelrn1982 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    There are some target abilities that do work well, regardless of the build. Bane is one I am finding exceptionally useful.
    Gathornia The Divine

Check out the Shadowknight Build for OP Protection here

[Combat (Self)] Orcus gives 0 (446273) Physical Damage to you with Wand Bash.
    [Combat (Self)] Orcus gives 0 (514415) Physical Damage to you with Bash.
    [Combat (Self)] Orcus gives 0 (521299) Physical Damage to you with Bash.
    [Combat (Self)] Orcus gives 0 (555505) Physical Damage to you with Wand Sweep.
    [Combat (Self)] Orcus deals 64883 (648828) Physical Damage to you with Wand Bash.

• Options
    Just an update to the threat question, here's a read and explanation of how the Dev build can threat without the Prot's native threat feats. Runs down the different types of how threat is generated. This is where I have based those threat concepts from.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/502198/gf-how-threat-works-basic-tanking-guide-in-neverwinter

Taking the 3x Loyal Defenders really helps with that threat generation just from healing alone. Keep in mind that the core of this build is Justice. While you don't have the superb DPS of a GWF, damage still equals threat generation.

To break down the concept that I've theorized into a basic point per point basis.

TP = Threat Point(s).
    LDT = Loyal Defender Threat (max is 30% or .3)
    T = Time. For simplicity, we take time in seconds.
    M = Potential Melee Attack/Encounter Attack. This will always be a constant (1 for simplicity).
    G = Group/Party Size. This is variable based upon if its a party or raid.
    H = Heal (Vow of Enmity)
    B = Bond of Virtue. For this build, I have rank 3 for 25% or .25.

Now, to calculate a basic encounter with a trash mob, lets say it survives 5 seconds. This assumes you actually take damage.

Self Generating Threat From Melee = (T*M)*LDT = 6.5 TP
    Self Generating Threat From Heals = (T*H)*LDT = 6.5 TP
    Party Self Generated Threat from Heals = (T*H)*LDT = 6.5 TP
    Party Area Generated Threat from Heals (((T*H)*B)G)*LDT = 10.5625 TP - Basic Party of 5

So, in a 5 second Encounter, your potential Threat Points should be over 30. This is merely from you swinging and allowing the game mechanics take place. This is not to say it will be always 30. Obviously it will be lower because not everyone will take damage on trash mobs or not take enough damage for any heals to take place. This is purely conceptual/theory.

This build does require a good heap of Defense and HP. The use of Heroism suits well with x2 HP. I have tested on some lower level epics and ran fine being top damage taker and healer. As I update, I will create a build thread to lay out the whole spec and what not.

Gathornia The Divine

[Combat (Self)] Orcus deals 64883 (648828) Physical Damage to you with Wand Bash.

• Options
    nosimonosimo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 48 Arc User
    Ld rings don't add to player threat. If you were top dps then that doesn't say much about your party. If you feel differently I would love to see an act log.
  • Options
    omgitszephomgitszeph Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2016

Just an update to the threat question, here's a read and explanation of how the Dev build can threat without the Prot's native threat feats. Runs down the different types of how threat is generated. This is where I have based those threat concepts from.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/502198/gf-how-threat-works-basic-tanking-guide-in-neverwinter

Taking the 3x Loyal Defenders really helps with that threat generation just from healing alone. Keep in mind that the core of this build is Justice. While you don't have the superb DPS of a GWF, damage still equals threat generation.

To break down the concept that I've theorized into a basic point per point basis.

TP = Threat Point(s).
    LDT = Loyal Defender Threat (max is 30% or .3)
    T = Time. For simplicity, we take time in seconds.
    M = Potential Melee Attack/Encounter Attack. This will always be a constant (1 for simplicity).
    G = Group/Party Size. This is variable based upon if its a party or raid.
    H = Heal (Vow of Enmity)
    B = Bond of Virtue. For this build, I have rank 3 for 25% or .25.

Now, to calculate a basic encounter with a trash mob, lets say it survives 5 seconds. This assumes you actually take damage.

Self Generating Threat From Melee = (T*M)*LDT = 6.5 TP
    Self Generating Threat From Heals = (T*H)*LDT = 6.5 TP
    Party Self Generated Threat from Heals = (T*H)*LDT = 6.5 TP
    Party Area Generated Threat from Heals (((T*H)*B)G)*LDT = 10.5625 TP - Basic Party of 5

So, in a 5 second Encounter, your potential Threat Points should be over 30. This is merely from you swinging and allowing the game mechanics take place. This is not to say it will be always 30. Obviously it will be lower because not everyone will take damage on trash mobs or not take enough damage for any heals to take place. This is purely conceptual/theory.

This build does require a good heap of Defense and HP. The use of Heroism suits well with x2 HP. I have tested on some lower level epics and ran fine being top damage taker and healer. As I update, I will create a build thread to lay out the whole spec and what not.

*it says damage taker and healer not dps or did I miss something here ?? *
    nosimo said:

Ld rings don't add to player threat. If you were top dps then that doesn't say much about your party. If you feel differently I would love to see an act log.

*So, on companion with bonding in offense, and Eldritch I think its called (% of companion stats) in defense, we do not get the threat % as an add via companions gift procs? or anyother means if we chose to use them?? so then loyal defender rings only improve the threat gen % on the companion alone?? I am interested in data here as well, if you can provide it, thanks Noismo *
    Post edited by omgitszeph on
    ~Intelligence is SEXXY, talk nerdy to me ~
  • Options
    nosimonosimo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 48 Arc User
    The only stats you get from the companion are shown on the companion stats page (exception being bondings don't pass hps), extra threat, extra healing from the loyal aren't passed over. I believe the purpose of them is to make it so the companion can do a better job at tanking or healing or whatever it is you are trying to do with it. Obviously there is no easy way to test with the threat rings since there is no way to read "hate" values but the rings with +10% outgoing healing do nothing for the player which is testable. The dread warrior is the only companion that can boost threat generation through its active bonus that I know of.

If the build works for you and your having fun with it then great have at it! I just can't see it scaling up enough to work when running with high il toons.
  • Options
    omgitszephomgitszeph Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Thanks for the heads up here, as they say knowledge is power, so good to know on the companion gear, and please keep sharing, this is all very helpful to the community at large. :D
    ~Intelligence is SEXXY, talk nerdy to me ~
  • Options
    fastrean3fastrean3 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    I play devote paladin, and i had observed the lfg chanel, most pug are lfm dc now :'(
  • Options
    Moving this over into a new thread.
    Gathornia The Divine

• Options
    soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    so have protection paladins moved on from divine protector? it seems to me that a higher end pally could still have a bubble often, just not permanently.
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
  • Options
    jase2cooljase2cool Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    Guys i probably missing something here... please do enlighten me

Oathbound paladin has access to below buff

Bane - 30% damage buff and damage debuff on enemy
    Aura of wisdom - 25% CD reduction
    Aura of courage - 1% hp +30% dps (buggy but the 1% still works fine)
    Shield of fate reduce 30% incoming damage stacks well with DR ( recovery stacking op can make this 100% up time)
    Aura Gift - Allies within 30' of you gain 25% of your Power. They must remain within 30' of you for at least 6 seconds to gain this buff.

Total we have : 60% damage reduction, 25% CD reduction, 30% damage buff + 1%hp +30% damage buff + 25% OP's power

Op are better in taking hits compare to GF since we have Templar wrath and binding oath

Why is GF are better choice of buffer/tank then OP ?
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    jase2cool said:

Shield of fate reduce 30% incoming damage stacks well with DR ( recovery stacking op can make this 100% up time)
    Aura Gift - Allies within 30' of you gain 25% of your Power. They must remain within 30' of you for at least 6 seconds to gain this buff.

Total we have : 60% damage reduction, 25% CD reduction, 30% damage buff + 1%hp +30% damage buff + 25% OP's power

Op are better in taking hits compare to GF since we have Templar wrath and binding oath

bane is debuff from protection paladin. it makes target get 30% more damage on three stacks and at same time target deal 30% lesser damage.

into the fray increased damage 100% of guardian fighter dr. CAP IS 80% FOR defensive purposes but not for buffing. SO a gf with 130% DR the highest i ever saw someone with bondings maybe exists and more i dont know. do the math and you will cry;p
    tide of iron debuff 20 or 24% i cant remember well my last test . target get 20-24% damage while tide of iron debuff applied AND is att will:)
    MARk : combat advantage buff + and players deal 8% more damage gf deals 20%.
    into the fray also increase ap gain by 25% and give and run speed and a small portion of temp hp.
    control targets get 10% more damage specific feat -power choices.
    knight valor 50/50 sharing damage with members can be removed uppon death or control or accident close toggle.
    enfoced threat imidiatelly aggro all enemies and mark them with that encounter and you can see the icon on the buff debuff list
    AGGREGRATIVE STRIKE : block and aggro shift +left click and now at the same time can press and tab to mark haha ;p. combine it and with fighter recovery daily can also heal the damage from orcus by dealing damage with aggregrative strike.
    enforced threat into the fray and block+ right click and tide of iron all are source of stamina generation.
    AP rercharge for him and for his members when is tactician when he takes damage. also when is tactician itf gives extra 5% damage buff;p

Those are work as intended:)

OTHER CLASS TO BOOST HIS ITF IS NOT wai( hallowed ground etc i will say that until gf will able to increase itf effectiveness with lunging-bull charge- villaine menace and negation until then cryptic should take care of those issues).

• Options
    Bane is a core OP encounter. It reduces the damage dealt by a target by 10% per stack. It also increases damage dealt to the target by 10% per stack.
    Gathornia The Divine

• Options
    wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    i think devoters use it on tank and players instead on boss for better efficiency (not sure I'm a prot.)
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • Options
    I can see how that would work in their benefit, but I personally use it on the boss so it reduces his damage by 30% total. Better to share the benefit than hold for one tank.
    Gathornia The Divine

• Options
    jase2cooljase2cool Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User

jase2cool said:

bane is debuff from protection paladin. it makes target get 30% more damage on three stacks and at same time target deal 30% lesser damage.

into the fray increased damage 100% of guardian fighter dr. CAP IS 80% FOR defensive purposes but not for buffing. SO a gf with 130% DR the highest i ever saw someone with bondings maybe exists and more i dont know. do the math and you will cry;p
    tide of iron debuff 20 or 24% i cant remember well my last test . target get 20-24% damage while tide of iron debuff applied AND is att will:)
    MARk : combat advantage buff + and players deal 8% more damage gf deals 20%.
    into the fray also increase ap gain by 25% and give and run speed and a small portion of temp hp.
    control targets get 10% more damage specific feat -power choices.
    knight valor 50/50 sharing damage with members can be removed uppon death or control or accident close toggle.
    enfoced threat imidiatelly aggro all enemies and mark them with that encounter and you can see the icon on the buff debuff list
    AGGREGRATIVE STRIKE : block and aggro shift +left click and now at the same time can press and tab to mark haha ;p. combine it and with fighter recovery daily can also heal the damage from orcus by dealing damage with aggregrative strike.
    enforced threat into the fray and block+ right click and tide of iron all are source of stamina generation.
    AP rercharge for him and for his members when is tactician when he takes damage. also when is tactician itf gives extra 5% damage buff;p

Those are work as intended:)

OTHER CLASS TO BOOST HIS ITF IS NOT wai( hallowed ground etc i will say that until gf will able to increase itf effectiveness with lunging-bull charge- villaine menace and negation until then cryptic should take care of those issues).

Thanks i got the picture now , its all down to one ITF encounter which makes the huge difference .