test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Background Bug

Are you going to fix the background bug where it switches to The Dalelands Battle Tested Veteran? I know people who quit playing because of it. I have seen many people discussing this and are upset over it. If you can't fix it then you should just remove the ability to choose a background when you make your character. There is no point in having a feature in the game if it doesn't work in the first place right?

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Flagging you on this one again, oh dear @terramak

This bug persists on both PC and XBox, and causes all selected character backgrounds to display as Battle-Tested Veteran of the Dalelands. You will still have your correct title, "of Luskan" or whatever, but there is very little point in being able to select a background at this point. It's particularly bad for players who enjoy roleplaying, but still aggravating for players who don't exactly roleplay but are still really invested in making their characters just the way they want them.

I sincerely hope that a future fix will revert all character background to the ones we chose, since it is not something that we're able to change even with some form of paid token.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for the callout. It's in our system now.
  • michael#8570 michael Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Good hopefully it gets fixed because I really enjoy roleplaying
  • vex#4700 vex Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    It's been a month now since this post. But the bug has been being repeatedly reported since last year. Exactly how long does it take to fix something so simple??? Sounds like someone needs to wake up or be fired.
  • nathanmcmsfnathanmcmsf Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    How about making an item which can allow a user to change their History, like how the character appearance change item does
  • kuero21kuero21 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    Some players quit the game because of this? Seriously? Yeah, its freaking annoying, my GWF is supposed to be from Luskan instead hes from the Dalelands. It's like this since i created him which was over a year ago... but i didn't quit the game because of this.