test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dread Ring "choose a lair quest" Purple Mark Drops

omgudied2omgudied2 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
I did the quests on sat and sun, on 7 chars on my account that could do it. Not one purple dropped! did they Nerf these drops or what? (my new motto with NeverWinter is "its Nerfed or Nothing"
A LONG TIME AGO... YADA YADA YADA DARTH VADER... JEDI

Comments

• Options
    deusazzadeusazza Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 63 Arc User
    happens to everybody. they were trying to fix it with the current patch. it was never fixed as to what I experienced.
  • Options
    flehstifferflehstiffer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    The quest is working fine. I got 4 purples from as many runs. You had an unlucky day, I'm sure I'll have one as unlucky soon. They are common enough.
  • Options
    romotheoneromotheone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 729 Arc User
    I had insane RNG several times while running the DR lairs. 97 runs, 8 or so purple marks dropped. Then tried it again, got 6 out of 10 runs. So far, the average of my measured 500ish runs is about 30% for the purple marks to drop.
  • Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    Purple marks have like a 25% chance to drop. Very easy to get 0 on 7 runs. They haven't been guaranteed drops in a very long time. You're not even guaranteed to get the mark associated to that lair on choose-your-own days.
  • Options
    yea but this is 7 chars for 2 days sat and Sunday 14 runs plus I did run 1 or 2 on Thursday with no drops. but as long as you guys are saying your getting them, I believe!
  • Options
    omgudied2 said:

yea but this is 7 chars for 2 days sat and Sunday 14 runs plus I did run 1 or 2 on Thursday with no drops. but as long as you guys are saying your getting them, I believe!

More than a 1% chance of that, so not that bizarre. I ran like 42 on Thursday and got 12.
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    deusazza said:

happens to everybody. they were trying to fix it with the current patch. it was never fixed as to what I experienced.

What they were fixing was the chance for GMoPs and SMoPs to drop from the coffer you open with your gauntlet.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,293 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    I played 2 characters to go to PF this weekend using the free entrances. Both of them gave me a a purple mark. An union and a Power. I had good luck in this weekend. :)

Opened 53 invocation chests and got 4 c-wards. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    the only thing needing fixing (if it is not already) is the text from back before that does not say that it is a "chance" for a epic mark
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

the only thing needing fixing (if it is not already) is the text from back before that does not say that it is a "chance" for a epic mark

Finally fixed with Maze Engine.

Also, the SMoP fix did take, as I finally got the 5th mark needed for a weapon enchant upgrade, praisebetaRNGsus. And an Eye.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    carianne9carianne9 Member Posts: 76 Arc User

I played 2 characters to go to PF this weekend using the free entrances. Both of them gave me a a purple mark. An union and a Power. I had good luck in this weekend. :)

I'm happy for you! I've heard of this phenomenon . . . coal wards from invocation chests . . . neither mu husband nor I have ever been so lucky, sad to say. But I'll keep hoping!

Honestly, the invocation chests do not stack, so gosh, where do you store them (53!) all? I've heard of other people opening multiples at a time, but since they do not stack I do not know how I'd keep them. I'm wondering, am I wrong and they _do_ stack? Maybe I am confusing them with the purple bags that drop from praying, those I know do not stack (for certain). Thanks
  • Options
    carianne9 said:

Honestly, the invocation chests do not stack, so gosh, where do you store them (53!) all? I've heard of other people opening multiples at a time, but since they do not stack I do not know how I'd keep them. I'm wondering, am I wrong and they _do_ stack? Maybe I am confusing them with the purple bags that drop from praying, those I know do not stack (for certain). Thanks

The bags that drop when you pray do not stack, so you need to open them pretty regularly. They only drop refining stones and marks.

The ones people talk about saving for a long time are the coffers you can buy with celestial coins. These can drop wards.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,293 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    carianne9 said:

I'm happy for you! I've heard of this phenomenon . . . coal wards from invocation chests . . . neither mu husband nor I have ever been so lucky, sad to say. But I'll keep hoping!

Becky explained what they are. Thanks. Becky. I mentioned about invocation chest (which is not from Dread Ring as Becky explained) only because it seems I had a lucky (not a norm) weekend. Invocation chest does stack.
    By the way, I have multiple toon. I put the invocation chest in shared bank. All the toon put theirs into one stack. I used my lucky charm character to open them all in the weekend.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    zibadawa said:

Purple marks have like a 25% chance to drop. Very easy to get 0 on 7 runs. They haven't been guaranteed drops in a very long time. You're not even guaranteed to get the mark associated to that lair on choose-your-own days.

this is only for your 1st drop of mark. after getting it, the lair would drop the appropriate mark.
  • Options
    kitkathdkitkathd Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    It most definitely is fixed. I got plenty of greater marks. It is very important to note that Monday and fridays are absolute garbage days to attempt to get one. I really feel that only cask days yield any result. When you have maxed the campaign and have a character that literally has 300 vanguard scrips, its very easy to test the drop rates. My 33 lair keys backlogged really shows how easy it is to get them for me. Every cask day I will run all 3 regardless of Sgt knox and I average about a 66% drop rate of blue or better and get atleast 1 greater a day. Again only on cask days and never ever on mondays or fridays.
  • Options
    Hi, sorry but what do you mean with a cask day, the ones you choose a lair or am i missing something. btw Mondays are a no-no for me too.
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
  • Options
    yes what is a cask day???
    kitkathd said:

It most definitely is fixed. I got plenty of greater marks. It is very important to note that Monday and fridays are absolute garbage days to attempt to get one. I really feel that only cask days yield any result. When you have maxed the campaign and have a character that literally has 300 vanguard scrips, its very easy to test the drop rates. My 33 lair keys backlogged really shows how easy it is to get them for me. Every cask day I will run all 3 regardless of Sgt knox and I average about a 66% drop rate of blue or better and get atleast 1 greater a day. Again only on cask days and never ever on mondays or fridays.

yes what is a cask day? your saying do this not only on choose a lair days? but am i not getting a quest from someone for casks?

• Options
    If you pick up Friday's quest and run it on the weekend, you'll get a random mark from that as well.

From the sounds of things, "cask day" is personal slang for the days when the type of mark is fixed, quality random.

Friday and Monday are bad days for getting marks because... you're not meant to. This has been true since Dread Ring launched, and it is in the schedule. But the type of mark drop is determined when you open the chest, not when you pick up the quest, so see above.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    ahhhh, i tought they are instance and not day based, thanks.

• Options
    In the campaign interface, view the Dread Ring schedule. It had been inaccurate, using the information from Module 2 when it was actually changed in Module 6, but Module 9 finally corrected this. :|

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options

zibadawa said:

this is only for your 1st drop of mark. after getting it, the lair would drop the appropriate mark.
    Uh, no? What are you even saying, really? Because I can assure you that if you run 40 PFs on Thursday you will decidedly not get at least 39 greater marks.
  • Options
    not greater but the apopriate union,stab,power

• Options
    aslan3775aslan3775 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 295 Arc User
    I agree with Becky. Cask Day refers to the Cask of Wonders, which will drop on Tues-Thursday. It is an additional reward, but does not drop a purple.

From the sounds of things, "cask day" is personal slang for the days when the type of mark is fixed, quality random..

I don't believe that affects the outcome of the 'purple percentage', but I have never run any statistics, so I am just guessing.

• Options
    edited March 2016
    I thought it might have something to do with the Cask of Wonders, but that in itself is a random reward, part of the loot table for lair drops in general. IIRC, any green mark or green/blue RP stone of power/stab/union or the not-so-wondrous cask. I might have this a little scrambled with gauntlet drops; not 100% sure on blue RP stones.

DR lairs drop campaign currency (subject to daily limitations by Knox quest), one piece of green or sometimes blue equipment, one generic refinement item, and whatever is on the schedule for daily bonus. So the chest often contains two green marks, yay.

Edit: Oww, my English.

Neverwinter Census 2017