test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Pooor new players

wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
So with the big troubble in little Neverwinter demon summonings in lowlevel zone i constantly see lowlevel checking out what is happening and dying from a random aoe attack ;) welcome to neverwinter and some monkeylike demons destroying black lake atmosphere.
Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12

Comments

• Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    i was there too, fighting mighty Nalfeshnee and when finished there was lvl 6 player begging for life :D
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    ya i killed someone as well, who was trying to get to crates.. there is a warning for them.. but of course if your atually brand, brand new.. you wouldnt have a clue.

• Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    they should made a new land adding to current zones for higher level contents so the low level wouldnt come across deadly mobs not meant for them.
    just like they did with dragons in newer land section.

i think current dev team got no clue what mistakes they made, totally clueless for low level players.
  • Options
    flehstifferflehstiffer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    I'd prefer a message much like the IWD pvp flag warning saying something along the lines of "entering lvl 60-70 area". It shouldn't be too hard to implement and it is a very noticeable way to do it.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    Usually, when you see the message "RETREAT: POWERFUL ENEMIES ARE NEAR", it's a safe bet that you're about to become toast. Or in the case of some, a whole loaf of toast.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    Or they could cordon off the areas with these events with physical barriers, so you can't just wander into them unknowingly...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Why would they need to do something like that? There is a warning. Even if a new player enters the area he'll die in 1 attack and not come there again - the only thing he'll get is a thrilling memory, since on lvl 6 you dont even get injuries, iirc (and even if its no problem). If it happened to me I'd laugh at it later, when I would be 70 and understood what actually happened. It is not uncommon in mmos that some BAM appears in low level area, because of event/game development etc. and any person with a slight instinct of self-preservation feels they're going to be doomed if they engage this large like a house, consisting mostly of claws and fangs Nalfeshnee. I remember my previous games and all I have now is a strong and funny memory of that lvl 10 1shot :)
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Still extremely stupid that they tossed demons in every corner. Kills all the immersion of leveling up.

Like, why the hell would I be worried about the frost giants in icespire when there are demons popping up? Sounds like a more serious problem, but there are no NPCs to explain that madness to you.
  • Options
    My first daily was the pirates on so my reaction was grumpy grumpy blah blah recycled map but hey that are dailies usual business, but the next day i saw blacklake, a map which's design i really like eith those demon spots, then tower district...i really liked the atmosphere and now they are infested with orange gorillas and pigs :(
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
  • Options
    karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    *Holds Up His Sign*
    Demons showing up everywhere the end is near.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    They'll learn. Or not. That's up to them.

Besides:

header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,245 Arc User
    It is a whole new world. Demon appears everywhere. That was the reason why we need to go everywhere to destroy them to save these poor players. Don't blame us, the protectors. Blame the demons.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User

Usually, when you see the message "RETREAT: POWERFUL ENEMIES ARE NEAR", it's a safe bet that you're about to become toast. Or in the case of some, a whole loaf of toast.

I get this message on my max level toons when I enter these areas.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    Donkey Kong now has powers of replication. Beware!
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    I've

Triggers from crossing the barrier, doesn't actually look at your level.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    by the time you read that.. they would be dead. =P

or maybe dead before they can read it.
  • Options

I've

Triggers from crossing the barrier, doesn't actually look at your level.
    Yes, I was referring to the lower level players who see that message. The people who SHOULD be doing those quests obviously aren't going to care. A twentysomething player....yeah, they better make themselves scarce before they go kersplat.

ROLL TIDE ROLL

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Reminds me of the good ole days in WOW while leveling coming accross a "World Dragon" for the first time and taking too close of a look.
  • Options
    yea, difference being you don't had quests under the dragon spawn (crates in blacklake). and there they felt part of the map... now Stitches that guy.... ;)

• Options
    cudos to the brave guy trying to assist me today.

• Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator

So with the big troubble in little Neverwinter demon summonings in lowlevel zone i constantly see lowlevel checking out what is happening and dying from a random aoe attack ;) welcome to neverwinter and some monkeylike demons destroying black lake atmosphere.

At least there's a nice big warning on the screen.

I think it adds flavor. They'll learn to avoid the areas with the purple border :smile:
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    You get the warning even if you're a level 70 character with the relevant quest active. It's a completely mindless implementation.

And, yeah, this adds a whole new level of attrition to new players, which is just a bad idea. I kind of like the idea of it being something of a "world wide event", but all indications are that this stuff is permanent. Everyone's going to have to these things eventually if they want the boons or just want to experience the content. So it's not an event. It's a feature. And it's a feature that imposes quick and seemingly arbitrary death upon new players that are OBVIOUSLY going to be attracted to the area of out natural human responses. By the time you can even process that warning you could be one-shotted a half-dozen times, if only you could get continuously rez'd.
  • Options
    adragontattoo#0822 adragontattoo Member Posts: 4 Arc User

Not paying enough attention, I entered the danger zone. Immediately after I had this popup at the same time that my nub was being used by a demon as a wetnap.

It was rather messy.

Thanks to the cleric that scraped my bits together and rezzed me.
  • Options

Not paying enough attention, I entered the danger zone. Immediately after I had this popup at the same time that my nub was being used by a demon as a wetnap.

It was rather messy.

And this is the reason the warning is there. If you're bad....rear end enough to kill the demons, you can ignore the warning. If you're a nublet in the area, then make yourself scarce. It's meant to be an "oh.....poopie" warning.

ROLL TIDE ROLL

• Options
    adragontattoo#0822 adragontattoo Member Posts: 4 Arc User

It was rather messy.

And this is the reason the warning is there. If you're bad....rear end enough to kill the demons, you can ignore the warning. If you're a nublet in the area, then make yourself scarce. It's meant to be an "oh.....poopie" warning.

I don't disagree but realistically, that ring could be level locked just as much as popping up a warning HERE BE DEATH.

Unless the ring drops on me WHILE I'm doing something, Only I am at fault for the demon mistaking me as toiletpaper.
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    On the other hand there's basically no reason why zone appropriate levels shouldn't get a five second immunity buff with a thirty second cooldown when entering the area. Or place the encounters more intelligently. Because of the open world feeling, I like this more than instancing the demon hunt though.​​
  • Options
    godsblade#8271 godsblade Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    GAME DESIGN
    1. NW has 70 levels, Zones are made for certain levels to experience an gather whatever is needed to move to the next higher level. Once done with the lower level there is no reason to return - ever.
    2. This creates a real problem as a game moves to maturity --- almost DEAD ZONES. Zone with nobody in them, new players think the game is empty of players, even if 50 thousand are currently online, they see nobody. Those servers dedicated to these lower level zone see no load, while higher zones are overloaded, no distribution of workload.

3. The guys here at NW, incorporated new content into old content making the old zones relevant and making sure anyone coming in new to the game realizes the game is full of people because there they are zooming past them on great mounts in killer armor carrying the best weapons, and then get to watch them fight stuff that killz them off just by being near it.

4. Smart move on Crypitcs part IMHO
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    still, the devs should made a "deep corner" of the map where the low levels wont go.

as other said, it is good idea to have older players return to do something where they were outgrown, making themselves known to new players who might be looking to join guilds.