test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

best class for soloing

mariusw0wmariusw0w Member Posts: 9 Arc User
Hello, im begginer with this game, don`t know much about it and i want to know the best class for soloing dungeons and if it`s possible a skill tree for it & maybe some tips and tricks/advices.
Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    fatgunsfatguns Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    Welp, soloing dungonz isin't that easy unless you're well geared ( epic ones ( normal dungeons are reaaaaaly easy)) but the best class would be GWF with about 3k-BiS IL <3
  • Options
    willson#2163 willson Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    GWF, TR.
  • Options
    Try not to use acronyms, so the great weapon fighter it is the best. can i get a build?
    does it matter if its elf or anything?
  • Options
    romotheoneromotheone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 729 Arc User
    edited March 2016

Races bonuses are soft, weak. If you find 1% more DPS than yes, it matters.

To me it does not.

You will find several 'glass cannon' builds in the appropriate subforum Militia Barracks. They should be good for leveling too (clear mobs fast before they hit you). Just expect to die a lot in a party setting without a perma-bubble Paladin (until you get the proper boons, HP, and enchantments).

Talk about passively promoting your own lackluster build in there.
    To every new player here, Lazalia/Lia Knowless builds are the best PVE GWF builds out there. I would strongly advise against going for any of Arcofortep12's builds.
  • Options
    aaramis75aaramis75 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    It all depends what you want to solo. At endgame, you have a lot of daily stuff to do in zones, as well as running skirmishes and some dungeons. Tanks and healers will of course always have groups for the skirmishes and dungeons, but will solo daily stuff slower than the true dps classes that just butcher everything with low hps.

So, ultimately, play whatever you like. With class balances, it seems every other mod or 2 one class will get the upper hand on all the rest. Right now it's Paladin for tanking, and Great Weapon Fighter (GWF) for dps, but that may change.

• Options
    ok then, ty guys for answering.
    best of luck!
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    i play my Guardian Fighter, he solo pretty well as "GF Tact", with lunge, into the fray, and often with bull rush, he pretty fast with dark enchants while buffed, but slow when not, use lot of deflect enchants.
    Vorpal is expensive, but nice with crit chances and severity crits from specific pets.

how ever, Gf isnt best hitter as GWF, but very good tank and surviviablity just like Paladins, does more damages than paladins. GF tact are buffer type fighter, most groups love to have them for Into the Fray "speed buffs" and crazy extra dps.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    look..

hes a new player.

GFS,Paladins and even DCs can sure do loads of damage from 3.5k++ players.. thats a long road for you, ignore it.

I would rate the classes as solo friendly to players in this order.

GWF
    TR
    CWS
    HRs
    then
    SWS

For gwf, I would follow lia's guide. Look, Im going to be brutally honestly with you.. gwfs survive via killing things.. if you want to gimp your dps by 50% be your own guest...I dont care personally, but I will give you honest advice.

AT 2.2k+ with a gwf you can pull all the mini lairs as a destroyer and kill it all with proper play. It just becomes easier as you get more gear.

HRs have much more need for gear as you progress. .but a trapper hr, does some amazing things and you wont die really once you get the hang of it.

CWS really use damage/control and you need to sort of learn what it can do.. so it has some a little more advancement in terms of knowledge. it used to be 1st or 2nd on this list.. but thier dps was nerfed to shoddy hell and at lower i levels, you just dont do nearly as much as you should really.

SWs need some gear (not a lot per se) but its a little week while you level with it .

GFS, DCs just dont do nearly the damage at low i levels.. not even close..

paladins sub 30 are the easiest and fastest to level up to that point.. but as mobs grow in HP.. they get slower, and to get them to the point some claim , takes some pretty hefty gear to kill things with compared to the dps classes.

• Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User

DCs just dont do nearly the damage at low i levels

Right DCs are pretty good at low ilvls and tankier than an HR or SW. I'd definitely rank right DC over those two

TR gets bonus credit for speed and the ability to not agro everything on the way to completing quest objectives
  • Options
    taitinhakkaajataitinhakkaaja Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    I find DC and GF a LOT easier class to solo than SW. Actually i would honestly say sw is the worst class for solo play low geared (under 2.5k).
  • Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User

Some people find GWF hard, I find it very easy.

Though I think for the OP the only safe bet is the Paladin, it's like walk. It has also a very useful Class Feature, Aura of Solitude, for those running with augments.

Agreed. Paladin is the best class for a starter, because of high survivability. Yes, you may take longer to kill mobs at lower levels, but you won't die repeatedly trying to figure out the best encounter sequence.

You can build up enchants, equip items and other drops that can then be shared through the Bank with another class if you want to experiment (like CW, TR, HR or GWF).

SW would be the worst for starters (reaaaaaly squishy). GF is like Paladin - decent choice - but you may find yourself dying a little more often, though if you pick a healer as your first companion this will mitigate that.
  • Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    GF with a healer companion is a nightmare. Takes forever to lvl, I'd get dps companion and practice holding agro.

SW is tough because it pulls all sorts of bonus agro with dreadtheft and yes its soft. I feel like SW and ranged HR are in the same category of shoot kite kite kite, shoot kite kite kite. It gets old. Mabe if you can get a good tank companion and get the super cheap equipment for it that gives+threat ;-)

But serioulsy nothing is real hard to level in this game. The only mission for leveling that was ever a pain was the Ice Spire Peak mission with the hound at the end. I can't remember the name but it was always a bit of a nuisance when solo.
  • Options
    taitinhakkaajataitinhakkaaja Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    CW worst? You must be joking right? CW renegade with icy veins so easy to solo, i would say one of the easiest ones.
    It freezes everyone and renegade gives heals and nice crit boost.
  • Options
    can you tell me what companion should i choose?
  • Options
    i wanted to take that one but i wasnt sure,ty
  • Options
    wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    btw in this game soloing dungeons is not possible due to the restriction that you must be in a full group to enter.
    At the moment joining with a full group is also hard due to a broken queue system.
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • Options
    reiromanireiromani Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    By far the easiest class I've ever played on Neverwinter or any MMO for that matter is the Oathbound Paladin(OP)! I've solo'ed the stuffing out of every quest thrown at me with the paladin like it was a cake walk and I had brought pie. They can just sashay up to anything and spit in it's eye. I've solo'ed dragons, dungeons, even an entire Call-to-Arms! They can literally ignore damage and any damage they take can be healed just by holding up their shield. My paladin has taken so little damage over the course of the leveling process I had to throw away stacks of 99 health potions because I NEVER needed or used them. It's pathetic how easy-mode the paladin is.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User

CW worst? You must be joking right? CW renegade with icy veins so easy to solo, i would say one of the easiest ones.
    It freezes everyone and renegade gives heals and nice crit boost.

For long time CW players its easy to forget how hard it is to level up. Sure, at a certain point CWs become weapons of AoE destruction. But they don't start off that way.

You don't even get access to icy veins at early levels. You need to be level 30, just to get icy terrain. Up until level 15 the only AoE non-daily power a CW gets is Chill strike on Tab. Unless you are willing to count the tiny AoE of Conduit of ice and Entangling force, also only if on mastery, as AoE attacks as well. At early levels wizard really struggles. It really doesn't become a complete class until around level 30. At that point, the class gets much easier.

For a beginner looking to level up for the first time. The difficulty of leveling, and not just how things are at end game, needs to be considered.

• Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    GEE WWWWW AFFFFFF!
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    With OP u will puke with boredom. Thats all. If u r willing to spend twice more time on dailies in the name of safety, then go ahead. GWF jut requires learning basics, then u simply charge.

U can get back to OP when u will be finally rdy to slot t7+ in offense slots. Actually GF is similar to GWF, at least when u already get Weapon Master Strike. chaaaaaaaaaaaarge. Thats all.

I find DC and GF a LOT easier class to solo than SW. Actually i would honestly say sw is the worst class for solo play low geared (under 2.5k).

Worst? I find it pretty good with Borrowed Time (self healing)/Arms of Hadar (prone)/Dreadtheft (self healing, debuffing). It's just slow to kill things but really great survivability at low level.
    I find CW the worst (no self-healing, no HP/THP, no burst DPS like a GWF, low DR, really squishy... even with all the CC in place).
    it about time for u to check definitions of prone.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,233 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    For easy Soloing, imo, OP and GWF. OP may be slow if you fight group by group but it is faster if your play style is pull everything and fight everything in one shot. My play style is just keep going until it "hurt". By the way, GWF is my main and I don't feel OP is as bad as people said. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    cerberusforcescerberusforces Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    He i'm a new player and pls tell wich charr is better on 70 lvl and dung with pt, now i play GF (DPS) and Paladin (tank). Or maybe better options is GWF?
  • Options

He i'm a new player and pls tell wich charr is better on 70 lvl and dung with pt, now i play GF (DPS) and Paladin (tank). Or maybe better options is GWF?

GF is not exactly DPS. GWF is. All 3 has their place in level 70. They are all good.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    cerberusforcescerberusforces Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    OK i still have GF but delete paladin and try playing with GWF
  • Options

OK i still have GF but delete paladin and try playing with GWF

Personally, I found it more fun to play OP than GF but it is just me. I assume your GF is kind of more mature than OP and that was why you chose to replace OP with GWF.
  • Options
    durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    Try out an HR. very easy to use, lots of encounters that boosts survivability, good damage, good control, even if not geared. HR is newbie friendly.