test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GWD beaten with no paladin...say it ain't so!

2»

Comments

• thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

LOL. The last comments are so true. I played a bubble pally and I can't count the number of PUG groups I carried through ECC-ETOS-ELOL-SHORES. And I doubt that any of the top geared palyers in the game got their intitial T2 gear without a bubble pally carrying them through those dungeons. But they are the first to nag on the pally and so how HAMSTER and un-needed they are smh. Pathetic.

I beat eCC 2 days into mod 6 with no paladins with a 2k ilvl group on pc. That was back before the arp bug was fixed and also before their initial nerfs to dungeon difficulty. I still have videos to prove it. All paladins do is they make people lazy, they are not necessary for anything and I say this as someone who extensively played paladin.
  • firepats12#3687 firepats12 Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    That's PC, big difference.

• thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited March 2016

Yes, there was a big difference. You see, at the start of mod 6 not only was there a dr bug, monsters had 33% more hp and hit twice as hard. I can find the pc patchnotes if you don't believe me but that was nerfed before it went through as mod 6 on xbox. So yes, we beat it before it got nerfed and watered down with a 2k group with no pally, xbox never even had that difficulty, so I don't see what your point is here. The only difference is the controller and player skill and whilst the controller might make it a bit more difficult, I doubt it made it as difficult as 33% more hit points and double damage.

But hey, we all know what the real issus is, its player skill. A good group doesn't need a pally and never did, a bad group cannot survive without one. Don't pull the "its harder on xbox" rubbish since you got the watered down mod 6 that only had the dr bug, not the double damage dr bug mod 6.

Yes, there was a big difference. You see, at the start of mod 6 not only was there a dr bug, monsters had 33% more hp and hit twice as hard. I can find the pc patchnotes if you don't believe me but that was nerfed before it went through as mod 6 on xbox. So yes, we beat it before it got nerfed and watered down with a 2k group with no pally, xbox never even had that difficulty, so I don't see what your point is here. The only difference is the controller and player skill and whilst the controller might make it a bit more difficult, I doubt it made it as difficult as 33% more hit points and double damage.

But hey, we all know what the real issus is, its player skill. A good group doesn't need a pally and never did, a bad group cannot survive without one. Don't pull the "its harder on xbox" rubbish since you got the watered down mod 6 that only had the dr bug, not the double damage dr bug mod 6.

My point is that Xbox players are A LOT different than PC players. You took offense to my comment when it was not offensive to you, only to Xbox players. PC players are used to the teamwork and constant never ending grind that a game like this requires. Xbox players(large percentage) do not want to spend that much time to get what they want, and a majority I would say are more solo players.

But you clearly get but* hurt over simple comments that are not offensive, so hopefully this response to you will not make you cry again.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    I'm siding with Pat here. On XBox, guilds that work closely together to form proper premades are in the minority, leaving the majority of players to either join pugs or take whoever is up for a run from their guild.

This means most people who don't have their T2 gear yet have a low probability of success. Yes Fabricant can say most people don't know what they're doing but we know he has an extensive knowledge of the game and it really isn't fair to compare that against 'console casuals'.

There is nothing wrong with being a casual player - it's a game, not a career. But it means that the level of difficulty in T2's was absolutely beyond the capability of 90% of the player base & the OP was the only way for them to get geared - it still is for many, even after the fix.

I recently ran an etos on my haste DC - it was a pug group and we had 4 DPS (2 GWF, 1 TR & an HR). Fortunately 3 of them were 3k+ and whilst people had to be picked up a couple of times, we got through it very quickly. If we were all 2k it would've been extremely painful - even with a GF.

My point being the same as Pats; don't hate the babysitter. They are still needed for low geared casual players.
    OP's are capable of being more than just a bubble - group buffs, enemy dmg reduction & reflect, CC immunity etc. 25% of the OP's power? bonus radiant damage for the whole team?

Quite simply, if you pug you will need bubble 2/3rds of the time (at least) but if you premade then you can optimise based on gear and experience.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    That puts you in the 10% then :smile:
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • kittysparkles01kittysparkles01 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    Great work OP, ive been through Grey Wolf a few times with a GF DC combo, as well as a good healing pally with a good control based group. Not so bad if you avoid the red circles, and get that dang shadow wolf before he heals.

Volourn the bubble doesn't actually help the Pally at all, it only reduces damage that you take from your allies. As for running your other dailies, if you're able to hold aggro for the most part, I would be happy to see you running another daily that benefits yourself.

I don't hate pallys, just think the bubble is over powered, or simply too easy to maintain. Shields if Fate is a much more balanced way to protect allies while still leaving some accountability for our actions as squishies :)
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    Don't hate the baby sitter...I love it! Hating on the bubble is the same thing as hating the GF shield and KV. The shield and KV do the same thing as the bubble which is to keep the party alive and redirect damage to the tank. I would agree that maybe the bubble should only be 50% or 75% of damage reduction to the party instead of 100% but regardless, some of the content needs a tank or heals. I don't think the lower geared players should care who keeps them alive on a run as long as they are not on the floor the whole time. Maybe when someone runs GWD without a tank and healer of some sort we can start a post about getting rid of all three of these classes. I want to be a GF when I grow up ;)
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies

Gwd has been soloed by gwf.

THE GWF lol. No one else comes close to the GWF you are speaking of. That GWF has BiS everything ten-fold, and could solo anything. I am assuming we will be seeing that GWF soloing the new Castle Never any day now.

So it's not fair to try and argue the previous posters point by using that GWF. Just saying.
    Really, you are just trying to be annoying now. You can look and find that it was soloed by the #1 person for each dps class. The point is that unless you are maxed out BiS you won't be beating Grey Wolf w/o some kind of tank/healer.