test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

bubble & haste why?

13»

Comments

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    the pvp element is already pointless and broken though. they need to rework it entirely. it's also a much smaller part of this game than pve. to break something that would effect the larger player base makes no sense.

actually before I came to this game I did a lot of pvp. this has to be one of the WORST pvp games I've ever seen. honestly they should just axe it. so they nerf the pally what then? 90 other ways it's terrible and unbalanced?

what they need to do is make base stats for pvp regardless of rank. there should be a pvp load out with base powers that are equal among the classes. nothing should cross mingle from the pve powers to the pvp powers. a good example of what I mean is the over all model in destiny (ignoring their special trials of osiris thing and anything else they might have added since I stopped playing) doesn't matter if you're a level 7 or a level 70 you play in the same arena and your powers hit the same. If they had that with a variety of powers to choose from that were pretty much equal.. pvp in this game would probably actually be fun. but it's not. it's unbalanced and pointless.
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    A paladin is not invincible, yes it can be built specifically for almost continuous damage avoidance, but so can a DC, if we are going to start removing classes based on people's personal preference I have a long list of classes that I don't care for too. The reality is any of the classes as they go above about 2.5K IL they become very powerful in their area of specialization. Maybe all the classes should be nerfed as the tanks and healers perform too well and the dps's do too much damage and the controllers stun stuff too much.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • kittysparkles01kittysparkles01 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    I do agree with thefiresidecat that there should be a balance to all players in pvp, making it more reliant on skill than broken gear combinations. Save the 4000 Item level versus 2200 newbie gang beatings for open world areas like icewind. Im all for testing our builds against each other, but not in domination.

PvP aside, although paladins are super frustrating in PvP as well lol, so are a lot of the in game functions, and bugged combos.

My main point, again, is not to destroy paladins, or too make the game unplayable for new players.... It is for BALANCE!!!!

When I ask for paladins protector tree to be "nerfed" I literally just mean I want it to be toned down. A shorter bubble duration or a bubble that doesn't prevent 100% of damage are a MUST. At the very least don't make the paladin invincible... At 2000 item level, you can just smack binding oath and divine call and stay immune for an entire dragon fight, then simply stop spamming binding oath and deal 30 million+ damage...

Also I keep saying, with a half decent GF and Cleric combo, there is no content that cannot be completed with a group of 2500 item level or below. Just takes a little more strategy, and less walk forward spam buttons, walk forward spam buttons....

I help new players by teaching them to play their class, and helping them learn what combination of characters and abilities will help them complete content. Not making them invincible and giving the a dungeon tour.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

lol, I can't wait to see how many people come spamming in PE begging for a Bubble to run Caste Never. All the high and mighty people will be put in their place.

I prefer to exclude the melee classes and just run with ranged characters, but anyhow....
  • marokkrellmarokkrell Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    I can see both sides of the argument. But what I can say is I'm enjoying playing my OP. :)
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."

~Napoleon Bonaparte