test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

About "Student of the Sword" and "Staying Power" feats

nealbeatnealbeat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 41 Arc User
SotS: Your critical strikes lower your target's Damage Resistance to your attacks by 1/2/3/4/5% for 5 seconds. This effect does not stack.

SP: Weapon Master's Strike now also reduces your target Mitigation to your Encounter powers 2/4/6/8/10%.

So i have a question about those feats. Are they related to monsters Damage Resistance? I mean i read both Lazalias Build and Lias but none explain why they keep those feats at BIS and i already have more than 60% Resistance ignored. If i have to guess is cuz they work separate from each other, if thats the case can someone clarify how they work?
By the way the reason im asking this is cuz i want to change them to other stuff like battle awareness for 25% power when slam is active (plus Slam reduces enemies dmg by 10% at rank 4).

Sinceraly an ignorant Half-Orc

Comments

• Options
    malabogpigfeedermalabogpigfeeder Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    They increase damage.
    I would appreciate you to not read my signature, now that you did, dont do it again.
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    if you are at 60% RI already then Student gives you 5% more DPS, same deal with staying power. You need to be at 60% RI though for to get the full effect from these feats.

the Slam feat can be better then student or staying power, but think about the uptime you might have on slam. if slam is only active 50% of the time with 20k power then it is worth 6.25% damage, and student is worth 5%, at that point i would stick with student because it is more consistent
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    nealbeatnealbeat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 41 Arc User
    Thanks for the answers really apreciate them