test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[MOD 8] Vell Crowe's Soulbinder Damnation build

Comments

• schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    i run a few T1 and T2 with 15 points in temp tree, and I am pretty sure that my damageoutput is worse than before, having a similar build than namrekca has before except some little changes, the performance was better all in all, can´t say whats missing
    but I will go on testing

btw I met a HB damnation build worse geared than me in eSoT, his puppet dealt much more damage than my did, and he was also 10 point in fury tree, he was using mocking spirit
    probably HB buffs the puppet more then SB so it deals >50% of the overall damage?
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • namrekcanamrekca Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    These are my feats.
    - I do not run Spiritefire becuase it is bugged. Instead of the promised 50% weapon damage it deals like 7% weapon damage / sec.
    That 90 damage / sec do only achive that your Soul Puppet pulls everything in combat from any map you play. It was a real pain for me to use it. After a HE encounter i could not mount up because my Puppet did pull in everything, while i was questing my Puppet did pull in none quest releated mobs and prolonged the fights more... i really did hate it. It is too much pain for 90 damage per sec.
    - Personally to me the uptime of the Dark Revelry is 100%. I am running Dark Enchantments in deffense slot, 400 Life Steal from Dread Ring, 400 Life Steal from Tyranny and my last 3 boons in Tyranny are 3% Life Steal, 10% Inc Heal and 5% Crit Severity.

As you say i am underestimate the uptime of that poor soul because i am always miss her somewhere. The lazy bum.

So you have heard my opinion. Even if you dont like i do hope that at least you give it a thought. :)

In my runs, Spiritfire is doing roughly 10% of weapon damage. While it is not the 50% as stated on the feat, IMO, it is about where it should be. I also dont have an issue of it pulling mobs from all over the map. My OP pulls extra mobs more often than the puppet does. You chose a more group friendly build where I went personal DPS. IMO nothing wrong with either as it just comes down to personal preference.

Unrepentant Gaming
    uey100.png

Vell Crowe
    Vell Crowe's Soulbinder Damnation SW build
  • ashfireburnashfireburn Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    I'll chime in and just say to each their own, everyone has to find what works best for them. I will vouch for the companion issue and say your choice of companions is highly dependent on the type of build you want. I run an AP build, typically 3 of my companions are Sprites, it's practically mandatory. If you are Damnation there is no reason not to have Combat Advantage up at least 90-95% of the time. Any companion that helps in this area is a good choice. Finally I use an Angel of Protection healing companion, each of it's abilities stack right into a Damnation Feat making damage mitigation and in-combat healing remarkably good. Any feat point not tied to doing damage in Damnation impacts it's overall output greatly if you can avoid spending valuable feat point's and boons for healing you'll be much better off in the long run.
    I'll chime in and just say to each their own, everyone has to find what works best for them. I will vouch for the companion issue and say your choice of companions is highly dependent on the type of build you want. I run an AP build, typically 3 of my companions are Sprites, it's practically mandatory. If you are Damnation there is no reason not to have Combat Advantage up at least 90-95% of the time. Any companion that helps in this area is a good choice. Finally I use an Angel of Protection healing companion, each of it's abilities stack right into a Damnation Feat making damage mitigation and in-combat healing remarkably good. Any feat point not tied to doing damage in Damnation impacts it's overall output greatly if you can avoid spending valuable feat point's and boons for healing you'll be much better off in the long run.

did know if the buff from bonding rune stone stacks with angel of protection and the uptime of the buff ?
    what runestones do you use?
  • huskerklghuskerklg Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    atriar wrote: »
    2. it has nothing to do with the guide or my opinion, nothing more than provocation

Hypocrite, thy name is atraiar!
  • korinth777korinth777 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15 Arc User
    Would like to say I finally switched from HB Fury to something very close to this build, and it is excellent.
  • neckbeardicus#5875 neckbeardicus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    what is your best set up for PVP? or does this soulbinder/damnation build not work for pvp?

what is your best set up for PVP? or does this soulbinder/damnation build not work for pvp?

I don't really PVP that much, thus this build is focused on PVE. Scroll down the forum, Misery has a post explaining PVP encounters and such.
    Unrepentant Gaming
    uey100.png

Vell Crowe
    edited October 2015
    I play PVP with a similar build and it works, heroic feats are a bit different atm, not even pure PVP builded
    By far no avalanche procs as fury suffers from and damage is ok stacking enough arp
    PVE damage is great
  • mirajanesitrimirajanesitri Member Posts: 34 Arc User

He's damnation spec because of the bugged puppet, it does 600k+ hits in dungeons

puppet might be bugged but youre forgetting its part of the mechanic i think the damnation is suppose to be the best dps for sw since it focus on machenics, take my cw i focus on chill, stacking aswell as dps on chill to do that you go thua with part oppressor and see mobs drop dead, no renegade cw can compete no matter the mix. But i do think they should fix puppet bug, but instead only allows it to decent dps not overpowered, it it should adjust to your stats, for fury sw you need decent stats to shine in dungeons/skirmishes id imagin a fury can out dps damnation, i out dps my sisters damnation with my fury but only in t1, t2 is where the puppet is most effective, she is only 2.1k IL im only 2.486, (i play now atm damnation/temp) more for support rather then my previous insane dps build where i out dps 2.7k crit build gwf's(just side info not to do with topic :) ) ive experience from both trees, only temp i never tried. I hear people say fury is better in dps with that wb,hg bull HAMSTER rotation, i think thats bugged as well, ive seen a training dummy's hp went out in few sec with that rotation, hate to say it but fury is just as HAMSTER as damnation

He's damnation spec because of the bugged puppet, it does 600k+ hits in dungeons

puppet might be bugged but youre forgetting its part of the mechanic i think the damnation is suppose to be the best dps for sw since it focus on machenics, take my cw i focus on chill, stacking aswell as dps on chill to do that you go thua with part oppressor and see mobs drop dead, no renegade cw can compete no matter the mix. But i do think they should fix puppet bug, but instead only allows it to decent dps not overpowered, it it should adjust to your stats, for fury sw you need decent stats to shine in dungeons/skirmishes id imagin a fury can out dps damnation, i out dps my sisters damnation with my fury but only in t1, t2 is where the puppet is most effective, she is only 2.1k IL im only 2.486, (i play now atm damnation/temp) more for support rather then my previous insane dps build where i out dps 2.7k crit build gwf's(just side info not to do with topic :) ) ive experience from both trees, only temp i never tried. I hear people say fury is better in dps with that wb,hg bull HAMSTER rotation, i think thats bugged as well, ive seen a training dummy's hp went out in few sec with that rotation, hate to say it but fury is just as HAMSTER as damnation
    HG is not broken
    TT and lolset are broken
    HG procs weapon damage and procs lolset on crit thats unbuffed against puppet 130k damage from one encounter in my case
    DT doesn´t proc lolset despite the "fix" and WB only once when critting
    thats why HG is good in ever aspekt: procs lol set on crit, fills up sparks on crit about 14 sparks, procs CD
    so WB+HG is a powerfull combination
    HG is the best encounter warlock has got by far beside Soulscorch

1. deal damage HG+WB+lolset is 240k in my case unbuffed
    2. fill sparks --> 2 rotations sparks full on crit, thats 5x SS about 300k damage unbuffed
    3. skip WB for KF as fury and things might be more in case you use ACC to proc SS dot
  • defendercoyo#7503 defendercoyo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    null
    What enchantments do u use
    updated the build
    Unrepentant Gaming
    uey100.png

Vell Crowe
  • brbiondo#3467 brbiondo Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Hei thanks for the build! I was thinking to respec my SW to this. Can you explain why you chose the Drow ? which is the best race? I have a Tiefling what do you think? And last thing what's about the stats? where to focus?

Hei thanks for the build! I was thinking to respec my SW to this. Can you explain why you chose the Drow ? which is the best race? I have a Tiefling what do you think? And last thing what's about the stats? where to focus?

I chose Drow simply because when I made the character, I wanted him to be Drow. If you are into min/max, then Teifling is the best choice. FOr your stats, you will want CON and CHA. CON gives SWs a damage boost plus more HP and CHA for crit. INT for secondary stat which increases resistance ignored.
    Unrepentant Gaming
    uey100.png

Vell Crowe
  • brbiondo#3467 brbiondo Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    namrekca said:

I chose Drow simply because when I made the character, I wanted him to be Drow. If you are into min/max, then Teifling is the best choice. FOr your stats, you will want CON and CHA. CON gives SWs a damage boost plus more HP and CHA for crit. INT for secondary stat which increases resistance ignored.
    Great! Thanks for your reply and for your build:)
  • cherryredsun85cherryredsun85 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3 Arc User
    Thank you for the breakdown of your build!
  • keaton1#2431 keaton1 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    hgvbg
  • tribulex#3372 tribulex Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Why zhentarim warlock?
  • taitinhakkaajataitinhakkaaja Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    It has fast attack, so it procs bonding stones fast too.
  • ldinizldiniz Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    What is the Weapon Enchantment you use?
  • tribulex#3372 tribulex Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Okay i got zhent with some bonding runestones and wow i get why people have it
    I use transcendent vorpal.
  • spiderx22spiderx22 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    what is the fashion of that helm? i looked at the dragonflight helm and it doesnt look like that but whatever u used its awesome
    spiderx22 said:

what is the fashion of that helm? i looked at the dragonflight helm and it doesnt look like that but whatever u used its awesome

It's the Hood of Fate from the warlock pack
    Unrepentant Gaming
    uey100.png

Vell Crowe
  • zefirootzefiroot Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Hey!

I created my sw 1 year and 3 months ago - when I started playing NW. First I tried Hellbringer path. I switched to Soulbinder because of survivalbility and saw that it had at least as good dmg as HB.
    About 5 months ago I switched from fury to damnation, partly because of this guide and my dmg went up. So tnx.
    Anyway who ever says damnation build isn't good for damage is wrong. Our soul puppet does massive damage. Is that a bug? Maybe it is not. If you are not damnation soul puppet disappears after 5 strikes or even sooner because of small hp. If you are damnation your soul puppet deals double dmg because of wrathful souls feat and has more survivalbility. So no one can say damnation build isn't a good hdps build. You cant even denie it - you are saying "you have high dmg because of soul puppet" - that is all the point and maybe it was designed that way. In other case we wouldnt be a good dps class. Didnt try fury in 5 months but think damn. is better. Bye the way I dont use DT because it can be interupted and during casting you cant use any other power. During that time you could use at-will or SS.
    Post edited by zefiroot on
    I bet there is not a one player here that says damnation doesn't perform well in t2 content. It surely does. But i haven't seen any damnation sw's out dps me in t1 content and i mainly play t1 content (elol etc.) so fury is a lot better for me and when new dread enchantment arrived cap between fury and damnation is even larger.
    That is my 2 cents as sb fury 3.8k crit 90+%

I bet there is not a one player here that says damnation doesn't perform well in t2 content. It surely does. But i haven't seen any damnation sw's out dps me in t1 content and i mainly play t1 content (elol etc.) so fury is a lot better for me and when new dread enchantment arrived cap between fury and damnation is even larger.
    That is my 2 cents as sb fury 3.8k crit 90+%

how many damnationlocks did you meat having that gearscore?
    Many.. most recent one was at CN. 4k+ HB damnation. I played my alt dc so, can't really give any dps comparison... He did great thou :smile:
  • zefirootzefiroot Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    What schietindebux said. But both trees could be equally good. Not sure. But before as fury I wasn't as good.

And also about soul puppet being bugged or OP - I run a lot of t2 with my guild and CANT outdps some ppl - some GWFs and some CWs - like Gorath, Bonk, Flow, Elthania - they are legends - and they beat me with at least 40 MILLION dmg (they also have better stats in power and crit.) . So it could be me not using right build or powers but it is not my soul puppet. With damnation build and soul puppet they still beat me for at least 40 million dmg. One example: ECC Gorath 120 million dmg - me 60 million dmg (as second). I use: hand of blight, dark spiral, F. bolt, H. grasp, W. bargain, Immolation spirits and rarelly TT.
    Post edited by zefiroot on
This discussion has been closed.