test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Arc App Rewards

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
The Arc App launched with Neverwinter on Xbox One and has been a location for adventurers to redeem codes and read some of the more pressing news straight from their console.

Recently, we unveiled Arc Rewards and Challenges, which many have already completed! We’re here to explain a bit further on how the system works for any new adventurers fresh from Sleeping Dragon Bridge.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xbox/neverwinter/news/detail/9846813-neverwinter-xbox-one:-arc-app-rewards

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• Options
    quazakaharet#6375 quazakaharet Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    can you please elaborate on that
    Medium Value Consumable – 500 Arc Points
    High Value Consumables – 1000 Arc Points
    are? like, potions? wards?
    i dont want to get my hopes up but any info would be appreciated.

thank you.
  • Options
    goatfaceonegoatfaceone Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    if we 100% the game, are we done earning points till more are added?
  • Options
    ddem0n888ddem0n888 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    Is this going to be working correctly soon? I'm still short at least a thousand points. I'm waiting on a response on a support ticket.
    Guild - Excalibur
  • Options
    tsk0n3tsk0n3 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    I'm missing awards as well the ticket is still pending giving me robotic responses that the issue was found and will be fixed, one message from 2/19 and the same exact message last nite. I'm short over a 1000 points and 265 points shy of 10k for my mount.
  • Options
    unitedweevil679#9682 unitedweevil679 Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    I've noticed new characters seem to receive points for the tasks as well, so that's one way to earn more. Example: kill 500 orcs on each of your characters for the 15ish points each time.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

can you please elaborate on that
    Medium Value Consumable – 500 Arc Points
    High Value Consumables – 1000 Arc Points
    are? like, potions? wards?
    i dont want to get my hopes up but any info would be appreciated.

thank you.

I can personally confirm that the "High Value Consumables" contains a Hoardstealer title and a Vanguard pack. I am not so sure about the "Medium Value Consumables" because I don't want to spend my Arc points on it. I believe it contains a "defensive potion pack" though, but I can't be 100% sure.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    tsk0n3 said:

I'm missing awards as well the ticket is still pending giving me robotic responses that the issue was found and will be fixed, one message from 2/19 and the same exact message last nite. I'm short over a 1000 points and 265 points shy of 10k for my mount.

Have you actually exited out of the Arc app and opened it back up? Navigate to the Arc app on your Xbox home screen, press the menu button, then go down to Exit and hit A. Then open it back up, it should update (it has been for me by doing it this way).
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Do these point accumulate as you earn each tier reward or are they spent per item choosen?
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • Options
    bartaincreedbartaincreed Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    zman81420 said:

Do these point accumulate as you earn each tier reward or are they spent per item choosen?

They are spent.
  • Options
    @bartaincreed Thx bro

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • Options
    omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Are points seperated by character or pooled by all characters in an account?
  • Options
    buffalonightmarebuffalonightmare Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    I never received the gifts for "Underdark Community Goals" what gives?
  • Options
    They were on the Zen market a little ways back. I missed a few.

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • Options
    cerebrus#4467 cerebrus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Are the items shares between chars on an account with the purchase? For instance I get the skeletal dog on my char, will my husband be able to receive it as well? It says you cannot purchase an item again so that worries me.
  • Options
    bartaincreedbartaincreed Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    They are account wide, as determined by your gamertag. They are not bound, I purchased the Mystic Phoria and sold it in the auction house.
  • Options
    antwo91antwo91 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    When I first created my account days after the game release, I did download and link my xbox account to the arc app, but it seems that my points where not being added or transferred to the arc app.
    I'm currently 90% completed with the game achievements, earned countless titles and have logged over 120 days in game play time and to only been awarded with 1k points.
    Is this a common issue or did I not link my account properly?
    If so are these points redeemable or just lost and now unattainable?
  • Options
    insanedoc#4074 insanedoc Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Where can the achievement progress be viewed?... I cannot fin it anywhere. A point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
  • Options

Where can the achievement progress be viewed?... I cannot fin it anywhere. A point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Go into the Arc app, then go over to Challenges. Press A, then navigate down to the ... button and press A on that one. You will have a full list of all the Achievements that give points.

As a bonus tip - if you play on PC and have your Arc accounts linked (PC & Xbox) it adds those points together, so you can earn points via PC & Xbox to earn them much faster. :)
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    insanedoc#4074 insanedoc Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Thanks
  • Options
    captnchaos#2187 captnchaos Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

Go into the Arc app, then go over to Challenges. Press A, then navigate down to the ... button and press A on that one. You will have a full list of all the Achievements that give points.

As a bonus tip - if you play on PC and have your Arc accounts linked (PC & Xbox) it adds those points together, so you can earn points via PC & Xbox to earn them much faster. :)
    Will you get double points for doing challenges on both PC and Xbox? Im sitting a little over 7000 on XB one and was wondering if I did the same challenges on PC would it add the points again? Id really like to get every reward but it doesnt seem possible when I do the math on one device. Thanks!

capt
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    Is there a fix yet to get the Arc Rewards to sync properly? I was 500 points shy of hitting 10k and I finally got the "Kill 1000 dragons" achievement but the points haven't registered in Arc Rewards yet.

One week later, still no response from support on my ticket. Typical.
  • Options
    rockstar#9480 rockstar Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I also killed 1k dragons and after 2 days of waiting, no points. I uninstalled the app and re-downloaded it but nothing. I left a tweet message and no response. Please get this fixed.
  • Options
    rockstar, submit a ticket to support so it's documented.

Do I think that will help...not really. But at least it gets documented and maybe it will be fixed in the next 3-6 months.
  • Options
    I finally got a response from support and thought I would share with everyone having the same problem with Arc points syncing:

"Unfortunately, there have been some users with issues having the Arc challenges unlocked. We'll be forwarding these cases to the Arc developers for investigation. We won't be able to have an immediate solution, but any needed fixes will be addressed at a later time. Until then, please continue playing as normal and wait for the challenges to be resolved in a future Arc update."

Loosely translated to "we know there's a problem and it'll get fixed when it gets fixed".

• Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

I finally got a response from support and thought I would share with everyone having the same problem with Arc points syncing:

"Unfortunately, there have been some users with issues having the Arc challenges unlocked. We'll be forwarding these cases to the Arc developers for investigation. We won't be able to have an immediate solution, but any needed fixes will be addressed at a later time. Until then, please continue playing as normal and wait for the challenges to be resolved in a future Arc update."

Loosely translated to "we know there's a problem and it'll get fixed when it gets fixed".

I suspect part of the problem is the way achievements are counted. To get the titles and possibly the points, the achievement must be the one in the character journal and achieved by a single character. For Xbox achievements, it seems to use the total from all characters making it possible to have the Xbox achievement, but not the ingame one. I don't know which one the Arcpoints rewards uses.
  • Options
    It's possible there's some odd variable they didn't count on when figuring out how to calculate the reward points.

But it's most likely not a case of having to get achievements on a single character to get reward points. I have 9400 points already counted that were gained through multiple characters so it definitely counted them at some point. It was counting them fine up until my last achievement for the 1000 dragons which just happened to be the first reward point achievement I gained in the new mod so maybe it has to do with the new mod not communicating properly with Arc app.
  • Options
    unitedweevil679#9682 unitedweevil679 Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    As I grow near 10000 points I am curious, is the mount an account unlock? Or do I only get it on one of my characters despite all of them participating in the events that unlocked him?
  • Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

As I grow near 10000 points I am curious, is the mount an account unlock? Or do I only get it on one of my characters despite all of them participating in the events that unlocked him?

Single claim, you choose which one.
  • Options
    splazer2794splazer2794 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Anyone still having issues with actually getting all the ARC Points. Supposedly I have 0 Arc points with over 1750 achievment points
This discussion has been closed.