test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Double RP

elespiridoelespirido Member Posts: 14 Arc User
I think a great move for both the devs and the playerbase, would to make zen purchasable tokens to activate double rp for a few hours for that account. Otherwise we all just horde items and wait until the event happens. I know very few people that actually refine when its not double RP. This way we could refine as needed but have to pay the piper for that ability. I suppose it would be similar to the xp and glory boosters. Perhaps sell them for every type of double event.

Comments

• superjellybabysuperjellybaby Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    Would buy this just to empy my bags, lol. I hoard inbetween events and usually sit on several thousand enchants. I also dont open strongbox of enchants or companion boxes until its 2x enchants
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    Hmmm I think the other side of the coin is you don't actually have to save for these events, people just chose too. By them not having them that often it prompts people to buy extra bags and/or bank spaces etc... Good income for the game then.

But otherwise I do like your idea.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • stpensivestpensive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    It may need to be fleshed out more but I like this idea in principle.
  • kissukeukissukeu Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    wdj40 said:

Hmmm I think the other side of the coin is you don't actually have to save for these events, people just chose too. By them not having them that often it prompts people to buy extra bags and/or bank spaces etc... Good income for the game then.

But otherwise I do like your idea.

Agreed the piper is paid either way. Yet, I could see the piper being paid both times based upon a player. I horde and buy bags.
    Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand this was a gift too.

No, please I don't want the ptw people to get even stronger.

Pay to win is a joke created by us free players. If I work outside or in game I still earned it.
    Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand this was a gift too.
  • thejawlivesthejawlives Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    ^^^+1000

What exactly am I winning if I spend what I earn to do what I want?

Oh yeah...time, the most valuable asset ever.
    Talking of double RP, I would like to know when the next one is on the xbox. We have a few events and new content coming out but I cannot see if any double RP's are coming up. With new content I would love a couple of days of double RP.
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • firepats12#3687 firepats12 Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    I don't mind Pay to Win people, maybe that's because I don't PvP. So it does not matter to me if I am running a Dungeon PUG with someone who spent $1000 to have a 4k Item Level, it their choice to spend/waste their money. Half the time I still out DPS them with my toons only having a 3k Item Level, without blowing tons of money. So Pay To Win is not an issue in my opinion.

In regards to Double RP, being able to buy time would be cool. But as for demanding we have another Double RP event, I don't believe that is the best idea. Sure it would be nice, but at this point in the Xbox version short life we have had more Double RP than PC has had in the same amount of time. As much as I love Double RP, it does not make since to have it almost every month, it's too much. Double RP/AD/Seals are all supposed to be nice things to have OCCASIONALLY, not something to have/demand/guaranteed monthly.
  • stpensivestpensive Member Posts: 286 Arc User

^^^+1000

Uh. . . no
    you win in PVP and PVE and you get the best gear which would be otherwise impossible to get without spending money.
    Oh, and also time. Which is even more of a win. Shouldn't you know that you win all this if you are pay to win?
    False, there is nothing in the game that can only be had with real cash.
  • vishara022vishara022 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    stpensive said:

Inaccurate. For example Erinyes of Belial is only available through the Scourge Warlock pack, and can not be traded off account.
  • iyodahiyodah Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    Scourge warlock pack can be bought with Zen converted from free AD gained from grinding. It's true. Nothing in this game is strictly cash only.

stpensive said:

Inaccurate. For example Erinyes of Belial is only available through the Scourge Warlock pack, and can not be traded off account.
    This is inaccurate, what you have just said.

You can just play the game for a long time like I did, convert AD to Zen and buy what you want that way. As others have mentioned there is nothing in the game that is cash only.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • iyodahiyodah Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    To be fair, I can make 218k AD a day from salvage/refinement alone. It takes about 14-16 hours to run that many shores/eLoL but it's entirely possible.

wdj40 said:

stpensive said:

This is inaccurate, what you have just said.

You can just play the game for a long time like I did, convert AD to Zen and buy what you want that way. As others have mentioned there is nothing in the game that is cash only.

Alright, so let's just say this game is pay for extreme connivence that saves you years of grinding and almost every item can be obtained way easier by paying. Also the game is pay to win, since you get the better items before the next update comes out and they become worthless, while free people can't grind within that time period.

HOW IS IT PAY TO WIN??? How how how????

What exactly can you "buy" that gives you an clear edge over a player who has put 1500hrs into the game??

Honestly you are talking out your backside and completely un-educated... sorry but its true. You are just one of those players who jump on a band wagon calling something a name over and over.

I have a spine injury so I have had plenty of time to play Neverwinter on the Xbox... I almost have BiS for my HR, I have every Pack available from the Zen Store, I have about 20 decent Companions, 160 Bank Slots, 48 Shared slots, 5 Runic Bags on my main, 2mil AD stored in the Zen exchange, 1 of every type of armour set (PvE) available at the mo, Orange Companion with 3 perfects and 3 personalised items etc etc... the list goes on, all paid for buy PLAYING THE GAME!!

People who claim it is pay to win are just sore losers who think that someone with better stuff than them must be a wallet warrior or P2W person etc. Its just crazy.
    Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe
  • oldgeek#8112 oldgeek Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    @theslotharmy
    I think there is a some confusion on what a true pay to win structure is. PTW games have items and or boniness that can only be obtained through real world money. Example would be that zen would no longer be exchanged with AD, AD would be able to be bought with zen as an item, VIP would be a pure paid subscription and all end game items would be purchasable by class in zen market.

This game has not done any of these greedy moves and has made everything obtainable to all. Sure things are faster for who spends enough money. That's is the way it should be those spending means you do not have too.....

^^^+1000

Uh. . . no
    you win in PVP and PVE and you get the best gear which would be otherwise impossible to get without spending money.
    Oh, and also time. Which is even more of a win. Shouldn't you know that you win all this if you are pay to win?
    Time is spent regardless of where it was spent. The best lesson my economics teacher taught me was pay for whatever you think isn't worth your hour. My time is valuable and I'll pay a guy to cut my grass if I deem it a misuse of my time.
  • criticals#1230 criticals Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Actually people had to pay to get that zen into the game, so techniqually someone had to pay :wink:
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Lol Sloth, have you actually got a character to level 70 yet? The last I remember you saying was you had several characters, none of which had reached 70 and then you deleted them and started again.

If that is still the case then not only will you not have any AD worth mentioning but also you have no reason to have AD yet...

I never buy Zen with $$ as it's simply not worth it. $10 for less than 200k AD? I refine 140k AD per day, earned via normal play + the occasional bit of luck adds some value via the AH.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • wmadosswmadoss Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    kissukeu said:

^^^+1000

Uh. . . no
    Time is spent regardless of where it was spent. The best lesson my economics teacher taught me was pay for whatever you think isn't worth your hour. My time is valuable and I'll pay a guy to cut my grass if I deem it a misuse of my time.

If your time is valuable you probably shouldnt waste it on a videogame.
  • ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    Currently making 400k ad a day and Im not a pay to win it's called Farming. lol :3 Just speed run everything you'll get everything you need.
  • ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User

Currently making 400k ad a day and Im not a pay to win it's called Farming. lol :3 Just speed run everything you'll get everything you need.

How is that possible when you only refine about 36k a day?
    They do not hack, they just send the salvage to their other toons.
    Oh, so they exploit.
    Its not an exploit its been known and allowed to do on neverwinter :p Plus I only get about half from alt the other half is selling things of value.
    Soooooo when is the next Double RP?

I want to upgrade a Black Ice Set now I have almost maxed a Lostmauth Set :)

Alts :

Member of Q-Snipe