Install Arc
Options

PvE Scoundrel

2»

Comments

• Options
    karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    Scoundrel is great.
    It offers you additional 15% movement speed which let the Scoundrel feels great in combat. You stun enemies for critical hits, get additional damage for stunned enemies and you should get the perk where you get +25% additional Damage for depleted Action Points which mean your daily hit's really powerfull (great combination with lurker assault).
    And like the other player wrote, it is viable.

The only thing i consider not viable is to roll a wisperknife. I can't still figure out what is the good thing in this path (seriously the DPS of a wisperknife is always inferior as an MI, i never saw actually a good wisperknife in PvE doing great damage). Maybe they are good at PvP, but even there it is not that great in my opinion.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • Options
    runicxx#7321 runicxx Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    ghoulz66 said:

There is a reason why so many people are now using lightning enchantments on a rouge, it's not too dissimilar to rouges using plaugefire in mod 5.

What reason exactly?

Similar reason why rouges in mod 5 used plaugefire.
  • Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    karakla1 wrote: »
    Scoundrel is great.
    The only thing i consider not viable is to roll a wisperknife. I can't still figure out what is the good thing in this path (seriously the DPS of a wisperknife is always inferior as an MI, i never saw actually a good wisperknife in PvE doing great damage). Maybe they are good at PvP, but even there it is not that great in my opinion.

Look me up and run with me... then you may see some damage from a WK Scoundrel.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    mirlegrismirlegris Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    I noticed that the Owlvear Cub Active Bonus works for each no-crit Blade F. hit, and is multi-target.. maybe a good source of damages for a Low Crit/Max Power WiSco build ?

I tested on preview a rotation Smoke -> Stealth -> free BF -> BFx3 -> Shadow strike -> free BF -> BF x3.

And, someone in the SW forum said that this bonus is unmitigated in pvp, potentially a monstruous thing.. i can't confirm this, no one was in iwd Opvp zone during my test.
    Post edited by mirlegris on
  • Options
    fey#9320 fey Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    New to this game and making a "rumbler", a.k.a. Scoundrel. Does not seem to be much except for a PvP post, but I am looking at doing PvE. Any guidance would be appreciated.
  • Options
    lemonchilllemonchill Member Posts: 523 Arc User
    ability score:
    3 points in str
    2 point in dex
    5 points in int
    plus lost set give me:

20 str,24 dex,19 int

ratings:(before combat)
    power 17k
    critic: 6.5k
    arp:7k
    recovery: 2.8k

i used rank 4 rings that procs recovery and critical strike on every hit.

boons:

sharandar: dark fey werder,fey precision,eleven haste,eleven tranquility ,elvish fury

dread ring: conjurers gambit,illusory regeneration,forbidden piercing,enraged regrowth,rampaging madness,

ice wind: encroaching tactics,refreshing chill,sleet skills,cool resolve,rousing warmth

underdark: primordial vitality, primordial focus,drow ambush tactics

tyranny: dragon claw,dragon gaze,draconic armor,dragon greed, 1 point in dragon fury 2 points in dragon thirst

pvp boons idc

strongholds boons: life steal and arp

passive power: infiltrators action and tactics all on 4 points.

encounters: ss,smoke, path of blade/itc ( depends on battle)

weapon ench: lightning or bile

dailies: courage breaker+whirlwind of blades

link to build feats+powers:

http://nwcalc.com/index.html#/tr?b=2s61:z9yu98:8mdu:a11i0,1x23ic2:1zu0000:1550uz1:1000000&h=0&p=min

offhand bonus: combat advantage
    main hand bonus on dual flurry
    also i have 1k combat advantage as stat

video showing that build in action:

https://youtu.be/oXHccppT9rc
  • Options
    lemonchill,

Thank you VERY much. That is a great help.

Pardon my newbiness but: I see you took scoundrel but says you are Master Infiltrator for the paragon. Those are two separate things right? Paragons can pick whatever feats they wish, right?

Why 5 points in INT? Recharge?

Thank you again for your response.
  • Options
    lemonchilllemonchill Member Posts: 523 Arc User
    fey#9320 said:

lemonchill,

Thank you VERY much. That is a great help.

Pardon my newbiness but: I see you took scoundrel but says you are Master Infiltrator for the paragon. Those are two separate things right? Paragons can pick whatever feats they wish, right?

Why 5 points in INT? Recharge?

Thank you again for your response.

Master Infiltrator - scoundrel

Why 5 points in INT? Recharge? - yes, but you can put those points at cha for combat advantage bonus
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Wow on fast response. Thank you ... off to play my "rumbler". Nice video too!
  • Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    Everyone has a different selection of Encounters, Dailies, Passives and At-Wills. MI is usually the easiest route to go for the obvious advantages. I suggest putting a version of yourself on the preview shard and working on your own thing.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    Are you italian lemonchill?
    Btw path of the blade is really a bad encounter damage wise...700 damage for tick when crit is really a low amount without any procs on top of it. I sometimes use it because i like the animation...feels roguish a lot
  • Options
    drkbodhi said:

Everyone has a different selection of Encounters, Dailies, Passives and At-Wills. MI is usually the easiest route to go for the obvious advantages. I suggest putting a version of yourself on the preview shard and working on your own thing.​​

I expect I shall be spending money on respecs ... learning what works for me. A work in progress. I won't be "uber" but it will be lots of fun. Looking forward to it. Thanks for advice and support to all.
  • Options
    aaramis75aaramis75 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    ^^ Never spend money on respecs if you can help it. Character copy to preview, where respecs are free. You can even have multiple copies of characters there, so you could have an WK Scoundrel, MI Scoundrel, etc. to see the play differences.

Re: Path of the Blade, I've been toying with this recently and find it's nice for a larger AoE daze when Skullcracker is up. Blade Flurry and Smoke are both quite small AoEs, and don't move with you, so they do have their limitations - especially when you're with CWs or OPs who like to launch stuff across the room, which is always challenging. Not sure how the damage compares - I haven't parsed it - but it *feels* similar, or at least not far off enough to really notice. At least not on the paingiver charts, anyways.