test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Missed the post; what to do with my TB's

sabiwensabiwen Member Posts: 55 Arc User
So I haven't been playing the game much as of late (been here since the beginning). The past couple months, all I do is login, get my key, do a few professions, and log out. I basically login to get my 'free stuff' from the lockbox.

I've been saving the TB's and using them during x2 RP events to buy p.wards and upgrade enchantments.

So, I missed the announcement yesterday (or whenever it was) and didn't get to spend my TBs on p.wards. What is the best bang for my buck now; i.e. what is the best option to gain AD through TBs, so I can then use that AD to buy ZEN?

Really, they make this game so convoluted.

Comments

• Options
    mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    Your options are: none, none and none. And that was the main reason for that change. Everyone bought VIP, so why not make it worth nothing now.
    Don't get me wrong, I fully understand why cryptic did it, even if I am somehow sarcastic in my comments. Free to play game doesn't mean it is free to create and support. Somehow cryptic needs steady real-money income in order to continue develop and maintain game, so they have to exploit what they already created any way they can. Unfortunately that makes players which depend on "free" stuff unhappy, but that is life, nothing is really free, even if you don't always pay for it.
  • Options
    criticals#1230 criticals Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    With 2x AD 1500 bars can get you about 3-4 million rough AD :smile:
  • Options
    flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    Buy shadow demons.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • Options
    throsbithrosbi Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    Save them and every time you look you can feel warm and fuzzy thinking back on things that could have been!
  • Options
    linaduinlinaduin Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    I hear they're an excellent source of dietary fibre.
  • Options
    aratecharatech Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    linaduin said:

I hear they're an excellent source of dietary fibre.

Actually, a better use would be to take your Control Wizard and use repel to launch them at Lord Neverember. They'd at least be worth a laugh then.
  • Options
    flehstifferflehstiffer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    Wait for mod 9, buy mounts. Or companions. That's what I'm doing with mine. I'm fortunate enough that losing c.wards doesn't hurt much. The p.wards sucks, but I stocked up as much as I could, so I should be good for a while.
  • Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User

Buy shadow demons.

shadow demons going for 2M on AH, not a bad investment. Also Shadow Demon is an excellent companion.

• Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    Actually, it's not understandable why Cryptic did this, since every ViP was paid with real money.
    ZEN doesn't just appear in game and in the ZAX, another player had to buy it first.
    And right now Cryptic is only doing one thing, biting the hand that feeds them.

There should be at least some real compensations here... but nothing.
    And there should be plans for ViP rank 18, 24 or even more... but nothing.

It is really mind-boggling that they are not putting more effort into ViP.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    mmm1001 said:

Your options are: none, none and none. And that was the main reason for that change. Everyone bought VIP, so why not make it worth nothing now.
    Don't get me wrong, I fully understand why cryptic did it, even if I am somehow sarcastic in my comments. Free to play game doesn't mean it is free to create and support. Somehow cryptic needs steady real-money income in order to continue develop and maintain game, so they have to exploit what they already created any way they can. Unfortunately that makes players which depend on "free" stuff unhappy, but that is life, nothing is really free, even if you don't always pay for it.

And they were getting that steady source of income from VIP. Emphases on were. Most people will not put another penny into VIP. Even though I didnt know this was coming, I refused to buy VIP in advance, I would way til 5 days prior to expiration before I bought my next month. So at least I didnt get burned too badly by this latest batch of dishonesty.

All the same though, it seems like they do this to the playerbase every 2 to 3 months. So dont think that what's been done is the end of it.
  • Options
    saskdaddysaskdaddy Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    One thing you could do with your Trade Bars is to build yourself a little wall. That way Cryptic has somewhere to bend you over next time they decide to HAMSTER you (like they just did).
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    VIP was around before the wards were made cheap in the tradebar store. As such if you bought VIP before the cheap wards why wouldn't VIP be a good investment now?
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    criticals#1230 criticals Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Break your bars down on legacy items.

Nightmare transmute (5 bars each) bind on equip to trade to multiple toons, salvage on 2x AD for 5500 each. 1500 bars like this nets 1.65 Million RAD. About the only thing left to use bars on.
  • Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    Check the AH for values. Depending on how much TB you have save up. Some companions (like the Shadow bat thing) can fetch a decent price - on occasion. Otherwise, the best AD prices will be in the fashion sets. Now that C Wards are gone - those are your best options. Careful with the mounts - most are Bind on Pickup, so not worth it. Same with the Artifacts.
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    ogarious said:

All the same though, it seems like they do this to the playerbase every 2 to 3 months. So dont think that what's been done is the end of it.

I've been averaging it at about every 4 months. For example: Mod 6 last April, then LS nerf, now tradebar frolics & permanent dungeon loss. We'll be coming back on April soon.... (Did I miss any other major ones?)

They seem to like it like this.