test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New prices with coal changes

gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
edited February 2016 in General Discussion (PC)
How many coal wards do you need for a trans enchantment? 17?

17 x 1000 zen = 17 000 zen to make one trans enchant.
Thats about 7m AD with a zen price at 410 (may go up even more).
Then add the cost of RP.

How does these numbers fit the current economy in the game? How are players supposed to farm +7m AD? And then you ofc need 2 enchants (weapon/armor) so thats 34 000 ZEN (about 14m AD). If the zen price rises to 500, the cost would be 17m AD.

You dont think by removing coal wards from the tradebar that the zen price should have been adjusted? Even a 50% cut would still feel to much.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

Comments

• Options
    freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    You don't make these anymore. You ask guys like me who pray on 50 characters a day and stacks of coal wards to "help you out" - that is our how people have done it for a long time. Get in a bigger guild, make some friends and people will always help you out. How else do you think people refine to legendary without going insane lol. They have a friend like me with 74 leadership characters to give them RP... it is just what you have to do. There is no other way that makes any economical sense.
  • Options
    aaramis75aaramis75 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    1. Unless you're desperate to upgrade an enchantment, wait for zen store sales. I'm sure there'll be a 50% off refinement sale at one point, which will lower it to 3.5 mil AD.

2. Yes, it's still crazy expensive, even assuming a half-price sale.

3. There will be those who stockpiled Coals prior to today's patch, so you can buy some via the AH, although I see their price has already inflated (250k+ per coal), but that's an option too.

4. Invoke, invoke, invoke. With luck, that'll cut out a few Coals if you stockpile, although if you have my luck then it'll be maybe 1 per month or two.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    aaramis75 said:

1. Unless you're desperate to upgrade an enchantment, wait for zen store sales. I'm sure there'll be a 50% off refinement sale at one point, which will lower it to 3.5 mil AD.

2. Yes, it's still crazy expensive, even assuming a half-price sale.

3. There will be those who stockpiled Coals prior to today's patch, so you can buy some via the AH, although I see their price has already inflated (250k+ per coal), but that's an option too.

4. Invoke, invoke, invoke. With luck, that'll cut out a few Coals if you stockpile, although if you have my luck then it'll be maybe 1 per month or two.

Ive been playing this game since BETA and prayed on one char everyday since then. I got 0 coal wards from that. xD
    And yeah Im way to lazy to pray on XX chars everyday just to get something you should be able to get by playing the game normally.

• Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User

17 x 1000 zen = 17 000 zen to make one trans enchant.
    Thats about 7m AD with a zen price at 410 (may go up even more).
    Then add the cost of RP.

How does these numbers fit the current economy in the game? How are players supposed to farm +7m AD? And then you ofc need 2 enchants (weapon/armor) so thats 34 000 ZEN (about 14m AD). If the zen price rises to 500, the cost would be 17m AD.

You dont think by removing coal wards from the tradebar that the zen price should have been adjusted? Even a 50% cut would still feel to much.

I wonder this to ,they claimed more then few times they want to make game more alt friendly I cant see how making enchantments more expensive will help in this
  • Options
    But you can remove rank 12's for like 3 gold haha. SO alt friendly. When I still played I went through 300-500 gold a week switching b/w toons
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,224 Arc User
    Well, you don't make trans.

TBH, I have played since mod 3. I don't have a trans. I have only one pure-vorpal and a lesser soulforge atm.
    i did not buy them. I made them.
    I live through the period before C-ward in T-bar store and before VIP.

I have 8 characters (not 50). I have not bought a C-ward from Zen or AH.
    I have not used a C-ward from t-bar store yet (although I have a stash now).
    I used the C-ward from RNG only so far.

It is bad because Cryptic did not follow through their "lower the cost" promise.
    On the other hand, I lived through worse situation (regarding C-ward). I played through using Greater vorpal for the longest time.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    I feel yah, I have trans vorp/fey/LD/Plague/Elven/Neg/SoulF - and around 30 rank 12's. I actually used Coals for some of those rank 12's as you get a ton from praying pending you spent the few hours to pray everyday on 50+ characters and the bound to account RP from praying to refine including the new BoA legendary weps + the leadership RP. For a newer player... I see there being zero chance of ever getting legendary anything/mythic anything w/out a lot of friends or thousands of dollars.... and someone who spends a thousand dollars on this game is well.... a special special boy.
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator

Why do you feel you need a trans enchantment?

If you PVP, yep you're right. You don't have a prayer to join a top PVP guild without BIS gear and you will not have fun without one.

If you just PVE, well the content is really not that hard if you know your class. Lesser or normal enchants and R8's work just fine. If you have trouble getting a party due to elitism, join NW_Legit_Community (custom chat channel). There are tons of skilled players there that don't care about your item level.

Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    what does one do who doesn't PVP? You can do all of the one.. two... is it three dungeons? with zero gear, and level 1 weps if you have a pally with you. There is no need to get any gear over rank 5 value or more than 1-2k on the AH unless you pvp haha.
  • Options
    zokirzokir Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    Coal wards have been in the tradebar store for forever. They should've raised the price back up to what it was instead of removing them completely. That way people can use their daily keys from VIP (bought with zen) to slowly help upgrade their enchants.

Expect coal wards to still be kinda cheap for a couple days while everyone who cashed in all of their tradebars yesterday sells them. If you're looking to make any armor/weapon enchants, now is the time to stock up on coals.
    freshour said:

But you can remove rank 12's for like 3 gold haha. SO alt friendly. When I still played I went through 300-500 gold a week switching b/w toons

That's way better than the large amount of AD it used to cost to remove enchants.
    zokir.png
    Hyenas@zokir - Essence of Aggression
  • Options
    You mean when very few if any people have above a rank 7? And we could actually farm enchants and make them at reasonable prices? Or when people could use unique weapon sets for very long extended periods of time w/little power creep or need to swap enchants due to massive changes in how say.. armor pen/lifesteal work? Ohhhhh right, yeah that is all true.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    freshour said:

I feel yah, I have trans vorp/fey/LD/Plague/Elven/Neg/SoulF - and around 30 rank 12's. I actually used Coals for some of those rank 12's as you get a ton from praying pending you spent the few hours to pray everyday on 50+ characters and the bound to account RP from praying to refine including the new BoA legendary weps + the leadership RP. For a newer player... I see there being zero chance of ever getting legendary anything/mythic anything w/out a lot of friends or thousands of dollars.... and someone who spends a thousand dollars on this game is well.... a special special boy.

I have made legendary 8 times (4 Artifact Weapon, 4 Artifact Equipment), 4 mystic Artifacts, 4 legendary Artifacts without using one C-ward or help from anyone or spend 1 cent or cheating. I only use C-ward for 1% chance upgrade.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    Ah another employee. Or someone who did a lot of leadership like me before it was nerfed. You need to realize you in the 1% of the 1% of people with these items. Not the norm - you don't apply.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    freshour said:

Ah another employee. Or someone who did a lot of leadership like me before it was nerfed. You need to realize you in the 1% of the 1% of people with these items. Not the norm - you don't apply.

You should have noticed how critical I am in this c-ward issue. :)
    You don't know how long I played to accumulate stuff. It is doable. It is just not doable in one year.
    My plan was 3 years when I was in mod 3.

My point was not about my gear. It is about not to waste a C-ward for anything above 1%. It is doable and a lot of people do that. Many people in my guild do that.
    The current change is about C-ward anyway.
  • Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    My guess is @plasticbat made his first legendary in mod 4 using extremely cheap peridots from AH (we all did). Once you have a legendary it all becomes a waiting game of waiting to replace it during the next 2xRP weekend. Now this may sound difficult but if you have legendary gear and your using hoard enchants your basically storing RP away for a rainy day. Insert new artifact item to the game. Use old legendary item as RP for 80% of its RP value. Start using up all the BOA RP you saved and your back at legendary. Rince/Repeat. Just did it for Mod 8 with the introduction twisted set. I used my legendary fire set from Mod 6 as RP. Fed the other 20% during the December 2xRP weekend and back to legendary. Currently sitting on a fairly replenished stock of RP from the hoard enchants awaiting whatever surprises come in Mod 9. If you play everyday you can get it down and keep it up on one character easy. Now if your one of those trying to play 8 characters... your probably in trouble
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    putzboy78 said:

My guess is @plasticbat made his first legendary in mod 4 using extremely cheap peridots from AH (we all did). Once you have a legendary it all becomes a waiting game of waiting to replace it during the next 2xRP weekend. Now this may sound difficult but if you have legendary gear and your using hoard enchants your basically storing RP away for a rainy day. Insert new artifact item to the game. Use old legendary item as RP for 80% of its RP value. Start using up all the BOA RP you saved and your back at legendary. Rince/Repeat. Just did it for Mod 8 with the introduction twisted set. I used my legendary fire set from Mod 6 as RP. Fed the other 20% during the December 2xRP weekend and back to legendary. Currently sitting on a fairly replenished stock of RP from the hoard enchants awaiting whatever surprises come in Mod 9. If you play everyday you can get it down and keep it up on one character easy. Now if your one of those trying to play 8 characters... your probably in trouble

My first legendary was in mod 7 or 8. They were done in the last 2 or 3 2xRP.
    My first feeding an artifact to another was last week.
    I have 8 characters and mainly playing 2 characters.
    I do stashing up RP until 2xRP.
    I do stashing up enchanted coffer until 2x Enchantment. Then use them in 2xRP to be virtually 4xRP.
    I feed char bound RP to every characters during 2xRP.
  • Options
    crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    freshour said:

You don't make these anymore. You ask guys like me who pray on 50 characters a day and stacks of coal wards to "help you out" - that is our how people have done it for a long time. Get in a bigger guild, make some friends and people will always help you out. How else do you think people refine to legendary without going insane lol. They have a friend like me with 74 leadership characters to give them RP... it is just what you have to do. There is no other way that makes any economical sense.

Holy smoke, 50 to 70 characters? My entire night would be spent invoking and setting up professions. I'd never actually play. If that is what it takes then I'll stick to PvE and just get the best I can and live with it and put any thoughts of Trans anything out of my mind. That simply isn't worth it.
  • Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User

Holy smoke, 50 to 70 characters? My entire night would be spent invoking and setting up professions. I'd never actually play. If that is what it takes then I'll stick to PvE and just get the best I can and live with it and put any thoughts of Trans anything out of my mind. That simply isn't worth it.

It's pretty common knowledge that those people with 50+ characters are not spending their time setting up professions and unless they need a coal ward they probably aren't invoking that often either.
  • Options
    It really isn't that big of a deal. I give out loads of coals and so do a lot of others. Basically you just pray 5x, I hotkey pray to another button so say... enter. You pray 5x one day, the next day you mash the enter button and you get the 6th prayer and the first. Seeing how this has been reported months and months ago and was never fixed I assume it is common knowledge. They removed using the keyboard down arrows so you have to use a mouse now. But its pretty easy, wake up, get coffee, get my first 2 in going down the row. get a 15 min break, 3rd prayer, another 15 min break 4th, another 15 min break 5th. and so the cycle repeats. To be honest I stopped b/c no new people really come to the pc version anymore and i don't really need anything else as I assume this camels back will eventually break before the mount system makes it live which I'd prolly end up buying some more mounts for people.

But find a big guild, makes some friends. If you are a good player I'm sure someone would help you out no problem.
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    metalldjt said:

or you can go in moonstone mask and role play there, dude the reason to play a game is to get everything BiS, if thats not the reason you play a game, especially a muliplayer game, it means that you should use facebook or twitter , if there is 4k item level, there should be content for that...
    because of your mentality and many others all their content is between 1.6k - 2.5k item level, and cryptic is hoping for the 4k item level to drag all the scrubs through the content, like it always been done

really dude?

People play games for a myriad of reason pull your head from your HAMSTER.

Nice to see you have the inside edge of the goings on in Cryptic. (BTW the name calling "scrubs" shows how little a person you are).
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited February 2016

And yeah Im way to lazy to pray on XX chars everyday just to get something you should be able to get by playing the game normally.

The first rule of free-to-play games is that the developers need to get paid somehow.

The first corollary of the rule of free-to-play games is that you can work hard or pay money.

Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    jazzman#2455 jazzman Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    I purchased 2 Coal wards from the TradeBar store yesterday, about 19 hours ago. That would be after they announced the removal but before the maintenance. At that time they were listed as being BoP and were bound to my account. So while I stocked up what I could, it looks like I won't be able to sell. Plus I got a Grazilaxx Artifact Pack from the New Life Lockbox that I opened and most of the stones and marks were now BtA. The ones I opened last week were not.
    Less and less things we can sell on the AH...
  • Options
    edited February 2016

I purchased 2 Coal wards from the TradeBar store yesterday, about 19 hours ago. That would be after they announced the removal but before the maintenance. At that time they were listed as being BoP and were bound to my account. So while I stocked up what I could, it looks like I won't be able to sell. Plus I got a Grazilaxx Artifact Pack from the New Life Lockbox that I opened and most of the stones and marks were now BtA. The ones I opened last week were not.
    Less and less things we can sell on the AH...

Hmmm! I bought a few C-ward from t-bar store yesterday around 8pm EST. Mine were not bound.
  • Options
    They were NOT bound before the patch. Im 100% sure of this.

• Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    This is why I think they definitely need to institute a maximum list price on any item in the auction house. It could vary by the item type, but nothing in there should be able to be listed for more than 1 million ad, and that would be orange items. Purple items no more than say 500,000, blue items no more than say 250,000 and green no more than 50,000.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User

Why do you feel you need a trans enchantment?

If you PVP, yep you're right. You don't have a prayer to join a top PVP guild without BIS gear and you will not have fun without one.

If you just PVE, well the content is really not that hard if you know your class. Lesser or normal enchants and R8's work just fine. If you have trouble getting a party due to elitism, join NW_Legit_Community (custom chat channel). There are tons of skilled players there that don't care about your item level.

lol join legit, hahaha now thats funny
    Why, are you one of those people from blue chat demanding 3k+ for an elol wanting an effortless, lazy run?
  • Options

This is why I think they definitely need to institute a maximum list price on any item in the auction house. It could vary by the item type, but nothing in there should be able to be listed for more than 1 million ad, and that would be orange items. Purple items no more than say 500,000, blue items no more than say 250,000 and green no more than 50,000.

I don't see a valid reason to do so.