test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Paladin problems.

chazzakchazzak Member Posts: 39 Arc User
So I'm encountering an annoying and elusive issue in PvP. I'm pretty sure it's some class ability of an enemy, but I don't know what or how.

Basically I'll be chugging along, Devotion Paladin, guarding points and fighting and whatnot, when suddenly I go from near-full health or better to instantly dead in the space of one second. When I look at my combat log, it says the only damage I recieved was my own Aura of Courage, like 30 times in one huge burst. What causes this?

In each PvP match this happens at least once, and they are the only deaths I typically get which is why it's so frustrating. It's happened against GFs and Warlocks, so I'm guessing it's some ability they have that reflects, but still that is WAY too much damage too fast. I have literally no chance to mitigate or stop it from killing me.

Halp!

Comments

• Options
    tholan#1688 tholan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 204 Arc User
    Remove aura of courage, the GWF and warlock can bug it, and you ( and your team too, if someone is near ) will die in a big explosion. Use it only if u dont see gwf and warlock in the opponent team
  • Options

Remove aura of courage, the GWF and warlock can bug it, and you ( and your team too, if someone is near ) will die in a big explosion. Use it only if u dont see gwf and warlock in the opponent team

Well damn...that's kinda annoying. Appreciate the info, though. There's no telling how many teammates I've blown up, as I tend to hug them pretty hard to best use my support abilities. : /
  • Options
    martianmnhuntermartianmnhunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 236 Arc User
    Get rid of the class and roll something else, the class was meant to do T2 dungeons for free 2 play players, it wasn't meant for PVP with it's ebola bubble daily.
  • Options
    ryoshinetteryoshinette Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 488 Arc User
    Paladin is a class which should never appear in Neverwinter, pvp especially. OP + SW and you cant even move, so no problem with dmg, we are dead already.
    As it was mentioned. Roll smth else, don't be lazy.
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

• Options
    ...I rolled Paladin because it has been my favorite DnD class since I was a kid playing tabletop back in 2nd edition, and in every game since. I've got no problems holding my own as Devo Paladin, except for that bug, and even if it was the absolute worst class no-questions-asked I'd still play it. I was Ret back in vanilla WoW when we relied on white damage, and I still loved it.

Don't be toxic a-holes.
  • Options
    revovlerjesus1revovlerjesus1 Member Posts: 481 Arc User
    I dont think ppl trying to be toxic against you, its just that the pally is so overpowerd and bugged in so many ways ppl hate to see em.
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    Yup, everyone has a class they love, its just unfortunate that some classes' design weren't very throughful and there the players of the class is indirectly hated by the community :(
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User

and gf bug it also.
  • Options
    snoborder101snoborder101 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    I understand your frustration, but it is very much a bug and an exploit.
    Ankou - CW
    Xerxes - GWF
    Eazy - DC
    Tyrian - TR
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

Get rid of the class and roll something else, the class was meant to do T2 dungeons for free 2 play players, it wasn't meant for PVP with it's ebola bubble daily.

Note that @chazzak says he plays Devotion, which means no bubble.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    ftrydaftryda Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    It is ridiculous that anyone has audacity to say warlocks are using an exploit. We are using an encounter power available in the game, that is it. It's not even like we have to use a certain set of powers, rotation, or items. It's just one power! Not only is it just one power, it is a power that is a staple in the majority of warlocks' builds regardless of paragon, feat tree, or pvp vs pve. So it's not even like we are deliberately using this power when we see a pally in the match or even turning this power on when we go into pvp. It's just what we use across the board. So if you're going to cry about the one flaw in your unmatched, unskilled, unrealistic, immortality then atleast be man enough to not brand the only thing that kills you as an exploit. Not all paladins die from this, so how about YOU learn not to use YOUR OWN power that kills you rather than expecting us to stop using one of ours.
    4000 iL Scourge Warlock
    Well Endowed (Xbox)
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    one thing i am afraid. even if they fix that bubble next target will be shield of faith, with shield of faith is like you fight a pt with shield on tab + allies receive 20% more healing ( you get 50% less incoming damage for 24 seconds). i am using this daily in dungeons because i hate to use the divine protector at least with shield of faith player need to avoid red areas + i believe is better daily than divine protector.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Wow...I guess I shouldn't be surprised, apparently every game has this type of community. I'm not unkillable, far from it. I don't know what grievance you have against prot paladins, but I'm Devotion. The worst thing you could say about me is that it takes 3-4 people stunlocking me into submission to kill me through my heals, but I can do jack-all while doing it.

I am literally going from full to zero in a SECOND due to damage reflected back at me. Even my original damage does not hit that fast. Aura of Courage, at the time I wrote this, did like 200 extra damage per hit...it does a piddly 1% of our max HP in radiant damage every hit. I, in turn, took THOUSANDS back with each hit, nearly two dozen of these 'hits' in the space of an instant, and died immediately. If you think that is actually viable, that it's how it is supposed to happen, then you are the toxicity in this game, not I nor Paladins.

Please, if I'm somehow OP in my healing role as a Paladin, tell me what I'm doing wrong because I find I die FAR too easy in lvl 60 brackets. I spend all my time frozen in ice and can't do anything, so I sure as hell don't FEEL OP.

And ftryda, everything you said about Warlocks simply using an ability they have could be said the exact same for whatever ability Prot Paladins have that you all think is so OP. Don't be selfish and immature.
  • Options
    ftrydaftryda Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    @chazzak the difference is I am not labeling you as a "glitcher". That was my point and the reason why I felt the need to say something. No player, warlock nor pally, is at fault for the games poor mechanics and balance. That falls on the devs. We make due the best we can with what we have and while requesting buffs and even complaining (a lot) is understandable, it is not acceptable to label any other class as "glitchers" when using something available in game and especially when not in any particular sequence or in combination with anything else at all.
    4000 iL Scourge Warlock
    Well Endowed (Xbox)