test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gate Crashers is kind of terrible

nickdylannickdylan Member Posts: 14 Arc User
I've see a few different CTAs, and most of them are quick and kind of fun - you get a shot at a companion, some special dye, easy skirmish AD, and it just takes a few minutes. Gate Crashers is incredibly boring. The group drops down, kills the enemies instantly, and sits for 10 minutes waiting for the rest of the enemies to meander their way down to the killing grounds. It's just incredibly boring. Enemies should spawn in groups twice the size they do, and instantly after one group is cleared. Otherwise Gate Crashers will continue to be the boring mess of a CTA it is.

Comments

• Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    It continues to get even more fun if you get an over achieving party member who uses Ice storm, bull charge, or some other knock ability to send an enemy back over the wall without killing it. Preventing you from further harming and killing the NPC and preventing further waves.

• Options
    snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    its like the dread ring skirmish but longer and more boring
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    snotty said:

I was thinking it's almost as bad as PoM. But PoM at least gives you salvage and seals, gate crashers gives you a bad enchant and a dye pack : |
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    i get same low grade prizes everytime, yes, i agree, and share my opinion too, it seem others kill for most kills and push mobs away so rest of players get the lowest score.

it made RNG a pure joke, this is all we get, it not right. i see DC still on the lowest top 5, since they dont deal much damages but only heal the most.

mostly CW and HR get the most highest scores and the kills, take them few times to get what they wanted.

just my concept, either upgrade the rewards and remove some rewards and place them on "market" as we collect medallion tokens to spend on, that is plain basic better way to access to "CTA Merchants" to use medallions.
    reason why, many are fed up with poor rewards and keep seeing rank 1s and 2's, and these only give 15 and 30 points, even on double 2x refine, it is still a bad joke when we need over 100k-600k refine points, it not going anywhere to make serious progress.
    but still, some hard to get rewards are "chances" to get a free rewards, but running more than 20 times and get nothing better than last previous rewards?

as 60/70 lvl character get rank 3's from a chest??? Come on! that is way too low, it should had scale base on character levels, even if someone else character enter with low level as "enchanted levels" would had something different. i would be happy to get rank 5's or if lucky to get a few rank 6's.

my suggession for CTA merchants in future CTA events, allow them to sell few higher ranks, maybe cost 1,000 medallions each for rank 7's? maybe?
    And add Zen market for selling "CTA Package" that include 250 or 500 medallions if the price is right, Arc can still make money quicker on events.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    wylonus said:

it made RNG a pure joke, this is all we get, it not right. i see DC still on the lowest top 5, since they dont deal much damages but only heal the most.

While I agree that this skirmish is dull and irritating, rewards are totally random and have nothing to do with the scoring chart.

If the chest is dropping mostly rank 3s, then they forgot to update it like they did with Garrundar (which was rank 4-6).

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    It is not so bad...

Better than some

Not great

Like the Savage Enchantments

• Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    urabask said:

snotty said:

I was thinking it's almost as bad as PoM. But PoM at least gives you salvage and seals, gate crashers gives you a bad enchant and a dye pack : |
    Don't forget the companion. It's not bad. Plus it looks like a veiny, ambulating booty! What's not to love?
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

But the transmutes are awesome, so there is that.

Only saving grace. Unfortunately, got 2 of the transmute during Simril....
  • Options
    chaosweaver83chaosweaver83 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    I agree it's pretty boring. I did one and honestly wanted to leave halfway through. Wouldn't be so bad if they either kept the waves coming or decreased wait time to a few seconds between waves.
  • Options
    mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    There should be a lever to release the entire wave at once.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • Options
    ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    The problem with a lot of these CTA's is that while we have all grown stronger, the mobs we're fighting have not. So we get trash mobs that cant take a beating, cant give out a beating, and just fall over dead when we sneeze on them.

Fixing it though would require the devs to actually go in and update things. And I don't think Cryptic can allot time for that. Deadlines and stuff, ya know.
  • Options
    oblivionknight6oblivionknight6 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I want to win one of those HAMSTER sacs on legs.
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    ogarious said:

The problem with a lot of these CTA's is that while we have all grown stronger, the mobs we're fighting have not. So we get trash mobs that cant take a beating, cant give out a beating, and just fall over dead when we sneeze on them.

Fixing it though would require the devs to actually go in and update things. And I don't think Cryptic can allot time for that. Deadlines and stuff, ya know.

The thing is if they made it harder and it was another 20 minute skirmish with garbage rewards it would be just as pointless as it is now.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    This is probably the worst CTA. It would be better if the groups were larger and spawned more frequently - as it is, people spend just too much time waiting. I did it twice for the AD the first day, but decided I wasn't enough of a HAMSTER to do it any more.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    I could easily solo it and never die... without even trying. The most damage that I ever got... after doing over 6 million damage... was just over 14k, TOTAL.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    tubukutubuku Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    By far the worst CTA ever. Even ignoring any issues with the rewards it just flat out boring. The mobs come in dribs and drabs and I spend more time standing around waiting for it to be over than I do killing them. Ran it twice, said no thanks and haven't queued again.
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    I think the issue is that they tried to make it semi-realistic with the waves, and the actual spawn point is a decent ways behind the wall. So while the do spawn instantly, it takes them a long time to just path to the fight area.

A "Tower Defense" style "Release next wave if you flip this switch" option would be pretty cool. Multiple versions with harder mobs would be too.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,291 Arc User
    It is a bad CTA for me for 2 reasons.
    1. the mob took forever to spawn.
    2. TR could go to the other side to kill mob because he can solo. He took all the drops and took him forever to kill them all while the other 4 players staying inside doing next to nothing (besides killing mob that spilled over).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    ah.. i did other games that had switches.. so fastest groups, flipped mob spawns faster.

it would be sooooo cool if this game did it!