test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Companion Upgrade Tokens

bumfluffbobbumfluffbob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User
OK. I know I should have checked. But with absolutely no rationale or logic behind such a mechanic I simply did not believe that these tokens were anything but BtA. I have 148 of these tokens on a character that doesn't need them (the one that I use to open lockboxes). I will now have to start again to save enough of these tokens but I will have to remember to move any companion augmentation packs to the toon that needs them before opening. Pah!.

What logic was behind the decision to make these tokens BtC?

Yours, disgruntled from Nashkel

Comments

• bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User

OK. I know I should have checked. But with absolutely no rationale or logic behind such a mechanic I simply did not believe that these tokens were anything but BtA. I have 148 of these tokens on a character that doesn't need them (the one that I use to open lockboxes). I will now have to start again to save enough of these tokens but I will have to remember to move any companion augmentation packs to the toon that needs them before opening. Pah!.

What logic was behind the decision to make these tokens BtC?

Yours, disgruntled from Nashkel

I am hoping, like what they did with the trade bars, that they make these tradeable between your own characters...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,138 Arc User
    I thought they were a myth. Haven't seen any yet.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • bumfluffbobbumfluffbob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 46 Arc User
    greywynd said:

I thought they were a myth. Haven't seen any yet.

The New Life Lockbox has a not insignificant drop rate for Companion Augmentation Packs and these contain at least a couple of tokens (occasionally 30 of them) which unfortunately are BtCoP. More accurately, they are a non-shareable currency.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Someone got a "that is an interesting idea" reply from a dev re: making them account-shareable like t-bars. But of course even if they do implement such a thing, it'll take months.

Always save your enchant/rune packs to open during a double event. I don't know if that'll make it easier to remember to open the companion ones on the right guy.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    i posted over a week ago, on other post on "RNG broken"?, i had 6 straight days pulling companion packs, and all end up same, 4-5 various runes, rank 7s, and few rank 9s, and 2 tokens, and loads of xp books which we really dont need.
    getting the tokens is the primary need, the devs have them so backward, flooding with useless 55k xp books where they are unspendable to train since most companions are currently capped or maxed.

devs need to clean up and maybe retire those companion xp scrolls/tomes, since it is too easy to level companions and they all hit capped points.
    we dont need 1k xp scrolls, 10k xp books, or 35k xp books, and should made 55k xp books as epic rare chances.

devs should realized the Auction House are flooded with those xp scrolls/books.

6 straight days, i would had expected to pull a 30 tokens maybe once, but geez, same old stuffs getting pile up with nowhere to spend or to use them.
  • wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    Yes, I believe they really need to be account wide