test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: Underdark

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
Delve into the patch notes for Underdark on Xbox One! http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/xbox/neverwinter/news/detail/9780953

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• kriptical1kriptical1 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    Extra bag slot, almost a raid. Death loops fixed. Looks good!
  • telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    A few good things there:
    * Building keys for campaign dungeons no longer cost AD to make
    * The required rank to purchase Stronghold Artifact Weapons is now Marketplace Rank 6 (down from Marketplace Rank 8) T
    * The Legendary Dragon Key will now open special chests in Kessell's Retreat as well as Underdark Skirmishes, Demogorgon and Epic Demogorgon.

And obviously the other changes. Interesting to note the disclaimer that some things in the Trade Bar PC market might not be there for us. If there's no Owlbear, I riot!
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
  • bahamutzero#2802 bahamutzero Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    The extra bag slot is awesome! Now just need another 45.
  • zixxer636zixxer636 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    In an earlier notes release it was mentioned that coalescent wards would drop from 200 tb to 75 tb. Why were they removed completely?
  • blindmonkeyzblindmonkeyz Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    where are blood rubies and pres wards also. When will this all be fixed? hopefully within the next 24 hrs, alot of people are pretty upset about the trade bar store update.. Huge disappointment. what will you do to make up for this mistake?
    XB One
    LGPG Alliance
    Reagents of Death - Leader
    CW - Phoenix lvl 70 4034 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 4012 (Main)
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 4010 (Main)
    SW - Zor lvl 70 3230 (Main)
    OP - Box lvl 70 3002 (Retired)

PS4
    Look Good Play Good
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 3875 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 2669 (Alt)

• Preservation wards on trade bar store?
  • descend#9572 descend Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Yea this is ridiculous. 2 month mod and cant even get the most important part of it figured out.
    now they have messed up the calendar for this weekend for 2x xp, 2x enchants and 2x AD. make up your minds please. we want this patch and calendar fixed today please
    XB One
    LGPG Alliance

PS4
    Look Good Play Good

i dont blame people for quitting, for all the false hopes. Their marketing schemes. Seriously? Fix this. All your doing is pissing people off.
    XB One
    LGPG Alliance

PS4
    Look Good Play Good

• mrwilsonvamrwilsonva Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    So why doesn't the "Official Patch Notes" detail the fact that Wards have been "REMOVED" from the Trade Bar store?
    vr7gyg.jpg
    Larua TR | Thomas GWF | Lizard Wizard CW
  • zixxer636zixxer636 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    There is more being said about this in the news/anouncements section. I hope they understand what they just did.
  • respectpaysrespectpays Member Posts: 344 Arc User
    do yourself a favor quit the game its only going to get worse they want you to grind for 6 artifact weapons and spend over 200hours getting just 1 set lol don't put $ in game I already quit you should 2 maby after they lose 80% of the player base they'll learn
  • volournvolourn Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    It is saddening they felt the need tro flat out lie about it., That's embarassing and embarassing for me now that I have a bunch of holy avenger shards thata re uselsss to me as no way can I afford a coal ward. That's 1k zen.
  • splazer2794splazer2794 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    So when is the calendar going to be corrected.. We have had Double AD, Double XP and Double Professions on the calendar for a month and now its gone... Seriously
  • speedokillzspeedokillz Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    I am unfortunately out of town on business so I am only commenting based on the above and have not seen for myself....

I would be tremendously disappointed and feel scammed to not get the promised ward discounts using trade bars. After spending real money to position myself for underdark and specifically purchasing keys to open boxes in order to accumulate trade bars to have access to the wards... Just to find out that it was not followed through with?

I expect this would have to be an oversight and not a right out attempt to defraud people, right? I would expect thief wrong to be righted.
  • jonsimmons1978jonsimmons1978 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    False advertising or a mistake if a mistake fine all will be forgiven if not they lied to us again and i will be complaining to xbox customer services as at least they reply to you. You had neally won me backas a spending customer. I will escalate to MS if no update in next couple of days
  • randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    @strumslinger The bugs I've noticed so far:
    1) Items in the sixth bag cannot be added to AH, mail or sold to a merchant.
    2) Sell/Buy Back tabs are disabled for Tarmalune Trade Bar Merchant.
    3) Drizzt appears white (no textures) after speaking to player in PE tavern.
    Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
  • ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    Must I add ALOT of people were banking on the coalescent wards and blood Ruby's your 1% whom spends thousands of dollars on your game are thinking of quitting and charging back their credit cards. :3 How does that sound to you Devs? Lets just say some of my guildy's are not too happy with your choices of greed over giving us what we want literally that was what many of us were waiting for in this mod. By the way think about the calendar too bring back the stuff shown pre-hand and just add in the stuff thats currently there.
  • egeriusegerius Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Yeah what happened to the coal. wards? Why did you change the calander from the events that were supposed to be on the 11th. You also destroyed the Devo paladin best selling points. After the money I sunk into the game, I expected some measure of continuity as well as your companies obligation to fulfill your promises to the consumers.

While this is a fun game and you seem to keep HAMSTER it up!
    lol....when is s.c.r.e.w a crass word!
  • zunamarzunamar Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    I wrote this on a another part of the forum:
    "Many have been saving the bars for those wards & now we cant buy them else then in zen shop. !?! What happened?
    As it was written in the news section for the xbox:

Developer Blog: Improved Trade Bar Store
    By Andy (StrumSlinger)
    Mon 18 Jan 2016 08:00:00 AM PST"

And then I read it again and right at the end it said it could be changes to this since it was from pc forum. But still this is a major screwup from you guys to remove such vital parts as wards & rubys. At least you could given headsup about removing wards so we could bought them before you removed them completly. I hope this is just a mistake and not the face of greed we are watching at.
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    zunamar said:

I wrote this on a another part of the forum:

"Many have been saving the bars for those wards & now we cant buy them else then in zen shop. !?! What happened?

As it was written in the news section for the xbox:

Developer Blog: Improved Trade Bar Store

By Andy (StrumSlinger)

Mon 18 Jan 2016 08:00:00 AM PST"

And then I read it again and right at the end it said it could be changes to this since it was from pc forum. But still this is a major screwup from you guys to remove such vital parts as wards & rubys. At least you could given headsup about removing wards so we could bought them before you removed them completly. I hope this is just a mistake and not the face of greed we are watching at.

You know that they altered that page on Feb. 4th , right?

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:FWVF5Na_Jd8J:https://arcgames.com/en/games/xbox/neverwinter/news/detail/9746173-developer-blog%253A-improved-trade-bar-store+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

There you can see that there was no mention of differences between PC/Xbox...
  • opalsunsopalsuns Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    I am out of town and reading this.

I feel bad for those who I know and play the game with that sold all their enchantments banking on those blood rubys and wards being available with tradebars.

It looks like though that obviously there has been enough of an outcry from the community to address it since I am seeing that disclaimer up above that does say "We're still in discussions and finalizing plans based on the community's feedback on the Trade Bar Store changes. There are a lot of moving pieces that need to be addressed in decisions like these that affect the economy as a whole."

While this gives hope that issue will be addressed soon. I'd say that I'd bank on a solution that most likely won't be the one exact one that's desired, and prepare for more disappointment.

I'd be buying back all those enchants some of you sold off before the update, and just bite the bullet on the AD you may lose by doing so just in case.
    CW SS
    opalsuns
    Paragon Gaming

• sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    I am not sure if it was bad connections or laggy but just tried to run through elol and had some weirdness. We queued as a 5 person party, on my character I saw a message, something about the group already being in the map, then I got disconnected and when I relogged I spawned at the end of the map while the rest of the party spawned at the beginning...maybe it was just the lag but very odd. Then during the boss fight several of us got disconnect and upon reconnect spawned into other instance of the dungeon. Lag or bugged?
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • opalsunsopalsuns Member Posts: 124 Arc User

> @opalsuns said:

> I am out of town and reading this.

>

> I feel bad for those who I know and play the game with that sold all their enchantments banking on those blood rubys and wards being available with tradebars.

>

> It looks like though that obviously there has been enough of an outcry from the community to address it since I am seeing that disclaimer up above that does say "We're still in discussions and finalizing plans based on the community's feedback on the Trade Bar Store changes. There are a lot of moving pieces that need to be addressed in decisions like these that affect the economy as a whole."

>

>

> While this gives hope that issue will be addressed soon. I'd say that I'd bank on a solution that most likely won't be the one exact one that's desired, and prepare for more disappointment.

>

> I'd be buying back all those enchants some of you sold off before the update, and just bite the bullet on the AD you may lose by doing so just in case.

What horrible advice. First they post is intended to keep the user base at arms length so they can stretch it out as long as possible. Second they found an exploit the users could take advantage of and immediately shut down the servers this morning but specifically said that it would not include the two lines of code to add the wards back in. Third, in writing, Andy previously said they would not move the coal wards from the tbar store and they did anyway to make a money grab. You can see the money grab in the fact that after everyone converted tons of ad into zen to lockbox keys they have now lowered the cost of real money zen to get them to buy wards now. Fourth, all the stuff sold has shot up in price and it would be stupid to buy it back and take that hit. It is better to wait or even quit before something like that otherwise nothing changes.

That last line of your makes me feel like you are a PWE employee under a different username, it is that horrible of advice.

Horrible advice?
    Me an employee?
    hahahhahaha, hilarious on both fronts.

The only horrible advice I see here is you calling that advice horrible since the whole point when I wrote that before you responded was to advise users to buy back before the prices went up.

I am on vacay so I had no way of seeing what the prices were in the AH when I wrote that, but of course prices since that posting have sky rocketed because most likely that advice I gave was exactly what happened with some people buying back what they sold and taking a hit now instead of a bigger hit later.

Sounds like to me you must have been one of the people who sold off their enchantments and you're just salty about it because now you're stuck.

CW SS
    opalsuns
    Paragon Gaming

• armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Yeah aisle, if you were a more regular forum user you'd know that opalsuns is a regular commenter here and a member of one of the top pvp guilds - not a pwe employee.

The prices have shot up, vorpal shards are currently 11k+ and lessers are over 200k - give it a couple of weeks and they'll go back to normal or get your own shards via protector seals.

I am expecting Cryptic to make another concessionary move, probably after double RP but I do expect it to be a small one. With the current amount of discontent among the player base they have to do something beyond their immediate freebie. It was nice to receive this but I believe most people are more concerned with the future cost of even basic upgrades.

In the longer term I believe they'll have to look at making it easier to create lesser and regular weapon/armor enchantments with preservation wards to introduce a more tiered upgrading structure than we have at present.

One thing for sure, the sale of keys is going to plummet & this will obviously impact Cryptic/PWE's earnings. There is much less positive incentive for this now and with the bank glitch fixed the only real benefit to having VIP is the 'no injuries' and a bit of extra salvage. The other stuff, like Signpost/Salvage Anvil/Mailbox are handy shortcuts but by no means necessary.

I do find it amusing in a way that Cryptic managed to completely ruin their biggest event in months & instead of it winning them credit & new players they have infuriated nearly their entire player base and found themselves the subject of formal complaints to both the regulatory authorities and Microsoft.

They have completely lost the trust of the community. Absolutely nobody will believe a word they say from now on and where there is no trust there is no buy-in. Many will continue to play, but like me they will not be doing so with real money.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • enicegeoenicegeo Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    Cragmire Crypts

Adventurers no longer rarely respawn after being defeated.
    If they say so. But a second group of adventurers with the same names suddenly appeared right after defeating the first group yesterday.
    Yep....the should have wrote, "Adventurers will immediately respawn after being defeated.".
  • kclowekclowe Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    All i can say at this point is shame on you arc and more so, shame on me for trusting what you said in your previous notes to begin with. Multiple times we have been played. I can remember when we were once told boot and looting would be fixed next mod. Yes, they just took out the loot not the boot. Good fix. Lol That was a big hit. Once i heard rumor GMOP's were dropping price next mod. They dropped by 75% just 2 days after a 2x RP event instead. After we all spent our AD on upgrades. Now we save our trade bars and by some extra keys so we can make all our characters tuned up with the help up the wards. No such luck. Prices are just rising now. I can go on but im just tired of it. Shame on us for trusting this shady company. Way to make a name for yourselves.
  • zunamarzunamar Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    As I was levelling up a character, when i entered the burning heart in fiery pit, the server timed out now i cant play with character its inaccessable????!!!!???? I can access all my other characters. But not musashi@sunamar
This discussion has been closed.