Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.55.20160125b.2

2»

Comments

• Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

qexotic said:

Will existing +4 Epic rings be upgraded in this way as well or will they just retain their single slot status, i.e. will it only be +4 rings that drop after the patch that have this feature rather than all of them ? It would be really nice if this feature was retroactive :)

Yes, this was confirmed by the devs on the Preview forums.
    Wow. Just wow. How many of those have I salvaged due to their worthlessness????
  • Options
    gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    I cant interract with the masterwork resoucenodes now. And I cant discard the quest and start a new map.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    edited February 2016

qexotic said:

Will existing +4 Epic rings be upgraded in this way as well or will they just retain their single slot status, i.e. will it only be +4 rings that drop after the patch that have this feature rather than all of them ? It would be really nice if this feature was retroactive :)

Sad person that I am, I decided to hang on to one of each of the +4 rings to get a complete collection for each of my two characters. So this is a nice piece of news for me :)

However, it is somewhat countered with the latest example of Cryptic's idea of balancing things fairly. They have doubled the drop rate of +5 rings in EDemo (presumably taking it from extremely rare to merely exceptionally rare) and 'balanced' that by effectively halving the drop rate of +1 to +4 rings in regular Demonic Heroic Encounters by removing them completely from the bonus HE. Somehow, I foresee a rapid drop in interest in DHE zergs.

• Options
    rescorlianrescorlian Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    I appreciate the addition of defence slots onto my +4 rings. However experienced a bug where the major action point jewel came off of the reinforcement and dropped into the defence slot. Can not be removed or destroyed, bug ticket submitted.
    Bonk - Damage dealing machine and midnight lover of all things tasty

The first inner look at majesty - https://youtu.be/8Yavk790hMA
    The second build and some fun - https://youtu.be/b5U0H-Mdkxg
    A little update - https://youtu.be/0F-qUKOv4UU
    The thread where this can be found - http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1210188/bonk-a-tale-of-damage
  • Options
    kur667kur667 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    Thank you for finally fixing the pvp triple kill stuff, now I can get working on completing the GG bit of the pvp campaign :)
  • Options
    Guys, do you know the changes, that player with razer chroma has access to?
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    I join in the feeling of everyone in the known universe that removing the ring drops from HEs is pointless and simply punishes players for doing the content. Now the more difficult HEs will probably be left alone by everyone since there's no chance of a worthwhile bonus. Still, the rest of the notes are good and much more significant than usual. So instead of the usual one step forward and two steps back, at least this time it's two steps forward and one step back.
  • Options
    jarecord03jarecord03 Member Posts: 144 Arc User

I cant interract with the masterwork resoucenodes now. And I cant discard the quest and start a new map.

I can't use regular resource nodes either!
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
  • Options
    kaenkirakaenkira Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    Yep, they broke what they tried to fix. No surprise here.
  • Options
    aplapeaplape Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User

You can not abandon the masterwork resource map quest either, only discard the map. I went to Mt. Hotenow on another character and she was able interact with 1 out of the 6 nodes (The one closest to the entrance of Mt. Hotenow). All of the nodes still sparkle but you can not interact with them.

Regular arcane, dungeoneering etc nodes are working unreliably. My DC was in Reclamation rock and could not access any of the kits. They were not even sparkly.
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,044 Arc User
    edited February 2016

Looking good.

Although I think the lvl15 rule on friend requests will do little good. Most spammers in PE are lvl15 or higher already. It's just a 4 hour delaying tactic that doesn't lead anywhere.

Honest question: can't you just hide the people search tabs in the social window? That alone would solve a LOT of dungeon spamming. I understand that the system itself is required to chat over multiple instances, but that doesn't mean they have to be able to see people throughout the game.

I guess you missed the part of where it says they have to have purchsed zen or a pack as well, its not just level 15
    And what makes you think that 3rd parties buy zen or purchase packs? Please use your head.
    Well, these are the same restrictions as with the chat, and we can all see that they do nothing against AD seller spam in PE...

And still no official answer in here, or there
    http://forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/discussion/1211407/underdark-preview-patch-notes-nw-55-20160125b-2-2016-02-03-update
    on my suggestion on how to fight AD seller spam/friend requests.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    luckatackluckatack Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Please fix mastercraft resoursenodes !!! PLease drop resourses DIRECTLY into inventory. Directly! Not after "F" key.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    So did 8-9 wod hes last night ..

1 aquamarine.. nothing else..

Thanks?

errrr...

"We want to make game play more rewarding"

Sure.. sure you do!

Im creeping back to epic post levels soon! Prepare ye!
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    while we do appreciate changes to rings +4 and +5, there is still no consistency in what you drop reaching 3 golds.

@strumslinger
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    qexotic said:

qexotic said:

Sad person that I am, I decided to hang on to one of each of the +4 rings to get a complete collection for each of my two characters. So this is a nice piece of news for me :)

However, it is somewhat countered with the latest example of Cryptic's idea of balancing things fairly. They have doubled the drop rate of +5 rings in EDemo (presumably taking it from extremely rare to merely exceptionally rare) and 'balanced' that by effectively halving the drop rate of +1 to +4 rings in regular Demonic Heroic Encounters by removing them completely from the bonus HE. Somehow, I foresee a rapid drop in interest in DHE zergs.

+4 rings can't drop from demonic HEs anyways.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    jamescameronwinjamescameronwin Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    luckatack said:

Please fix mastercraft resoursenodes !!! PLease drop resourses DIRECTLY into inventory. Directly! Not after "F" key.

wish it would tbh cus this is obsurd and now it reverted back to the original way of resource nodes to where if u dont like it wait ffs fix this somehow lol
This discussion has been closed.