test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"If you had Known"

I thought It would be interesting to list some things that we missed out on when the writing was clearly on the wall. For example.

Dragon Eggs were 30k> Tiamat Launches they dropped to 8k for months>Dragon Eggs go back up to 30k

Why didn't I buy 100's then sell them. SMH funny and sad.

Comments

• Options
    crom#2845 crom Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    That could be said with mounts and almost anything as well.
  • Options
    buffalonightmarebuffalonightmare Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    Great input
  • Options
    buffalonightmarebuffalonightmare Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    lol. that's what im talking about. nice
  • Options
    rhadamathysrhadamathys Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    That the tyranny of dragon weapon was a waste of time since you get a better one at level 70...wasted time and money
    Ney - HR (max item level)
    The Legendary Outlaws

Preferences:
    PvE and PvP - Pathfinder Combat
  • Options
    telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    It never occurred to me that packs from lockboxes (e.g. the companion packs) would get double enchants during events. We could have knocked the guild gem requirement outta the park if I'd save them.
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
  • Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User

It never occurred to me that packs from lockboxes (e.g. the companion packs) would get double enchants during events. We could have knocked the guild gem requirement outta the park if I'd save them.

What?? You are kidding me... I honestly never knew this and have opened a large amount of them over my game time :(
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    wdj40 said:

What?? You are kidding me... I honestly never knew this and have opened a large amount of them over my game time :(

Right? This apparently is true of any item that holds other items. So, for example, if you've got elemental bags from the Elemental Evil daily missions, they put out double enchants during the double enchant events.
    In handsight I've missed out on untold AD and refinement points.
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    absolutely true. I hoard all my companion packs until double enchants. I thought this one was common knowledge? Sorry for not sharing earlier. you also want them because of the monster boost they give you during double refinement for your artifacts
  • Options
    ddem0n888ddem0n888 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    Tiamat's Orb of Majesty Atrifact. They used to sell for 100K or less (I even got mine in a straight swap for a Greater Mark of Potency). They're now 800K on the Tradehouse.
    Guild - Excalibur
  • Options
    bahamutzero#2802 bahamutzero Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    I bought about 40 mounts (the basic horses) to sell on, just before they crashed in price. :)
  • Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    ddem0n888 said:

Tiamat's Orb of Majesty Atrifact. They used to sell for 100K or less (I even got mine in a straight swap for a Greater Mark of Potency). They're now 800K on the Tradehouse.

Yeah I did well on this one but could have done far better, I bought up 5 Orbs before it all changed for really cheap. I then sold them for 200-250k each, in hindsight could have kept them a little longer :)
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    ddem0n888ddem0n888 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    wdj40 said:

ddem0n888 said:

Yeah I did well on this one but could have done far better, I bought up 5 Orbs before it all changed for really cheap. I then sold them for 200-250k each, in hindsight could have kept them a little longer :)
    Patience wins in the Tradehouse.
    Guild - Excalibur
  • Options
    bahamutzero#2802 bahamutzero Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    > @ddem0n888 said:
    > Tiamat's Orb of Majesty Atrifact. They used to sell for 100K or less (I even got mine in a straight swap for a Greater Mark of Potency). They're now 800K on the Tradehouse.

While Greater Marks have crashed. Wonder if anyone would make that trade now!
  • Options
    xrawcarnagexrawcarnage Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    I have a lot of " if i woukd have know". When unearth lock boxes dropped, I would have bought stacks on stacks of them.

I had 8 tiamat orbs when mod 7 dropped and sold them for 150k each. Now they are what? 900k. There is numerous items like this that I wasn't quite patient enough to hold on to. Dragon eggs was a huge one. I still have plenty bit had tons when tiamat was ran more. Sold a few lesser quality legendary mounts a month before the speed increase. These mounts doubled in price after.

Would have started on different professions at first instead of wasting all my time in leadership.

Would have created more toons to funnel salavage to in the beginning. At one point my main had over 3.5 mil from a dbl ad event.

The list keeps going......

But overall very similar reasons as the rest of y'all.
  • Options
    Starting pvp at level 10. First three characters didn't even start until 70. Still feeling the pain.
  • Options
    If I had known.
  • Options
    indylolindylol Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    I wrote the feeder method guide for refining intentionally on the 2nd day of the first 2x RP in mod 6, just to ensure id see plenty of "omfg i wasted so much RP yesterday" comments. I was not disappointed.

I bought 4600 Unearthed lockboxs, i opened about 2600 and got 1 emp beetle, 6 thayan books and 4 giant beetles. I sold the remaining 2000 for 3k each, They are now 12k per box.. Shoulda waited...

I filled 5 chars with old gear from mod4/5 and have been slowly selling it, iv made upwards of 10m and I haven't sold close to half of it yet. I regret not filling 15 chars. It was all so cheap back then. 8-10k for pieces.

I wont spoil anything else.
    B) LGPG Leader B)
    Indy - XB1 & PS4 - GF
    xeV Indy - PS4 - TR
    Nde - XB1 - HR
    GT: its indy time
    PSN: itsindytime
    Twitch: indygoinlive
    The Kanye West of Neverwinter
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    When first starting out, the value of multiple characters to refine drops from double AD events.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    Should have bought c wards yesterday.
  • Options
    shamrok#5900 shamrok Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    I wouldn't have stockpiled salvage drops or held on to trade bars for coal wards
  • Options
    xrawcarnagexrawcarnage Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    If I would have know they would take coal wards out of the tbar vendor, I would have used my 10k tbars and used them all on coal wards....
  • Options
    Here's a helpful tip to prevent you from missing out...this is stolen from Reddit, so I'm just sharing someone else's idea...

Chances are you want a new artifact weapon, chances are you wont get it prior to next weekends 2xrp event due to grind time...bummer, right? Not so much...

use the new 2x perm rp on art weapons to your favor... Level up another art weapon instead...here's why...

If you have a level 60 weapon, the max rp you get is 929,432 x2 (perma 2xrp) x2 (feeding an art into a like art)...which means it is really worth 929,432 x4 = 3,717,728...regardless of when you dump it into your new art (you don't get another x2rp on special weekends, they don't stack)...

Unfortunately you need 4,645,200 to get your new artifact to level 60...leaving you a gap of 927,472 to come up with...which is a lot if you missed out on a 2x rp event...

So my advice is this. Get a feeder art weapon...next weekend dump 592,200 rp into it making it level 43. Then, whenever you get your new art weapon, you dump both arts into it and voila, level 60...you'll end up saving 335,272 rp and don't need to wait for another 2xrp event (this could be the last one for awhile)...
    The Legendary Outlaws

Preferences:
  • Options
    indylolindylol Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    @rhadamathys

I posted that yesterday here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/44ziy1/xboxhow_to_mod8_artifact_weapon_transition/

Fortunately it went largely unnoticed due to the coal ward and blood ruby drama.
    B) LGPG Leader B)
    Indy - XB1 & PS4 - GF
    xeV Indy - PS4 - TR
    Nde - XB1 - HR
    GT: its indy time
    PSN: itsindytime
    Twitch: indygoinlive
    The Kanye West of Neverwinter
  • Options
    Yup why I moved it here...great point and hopefully people will use it
    The Legendary Outlaws

Preferences:
  • Options
    quazakaharet#6375 quazakaharet Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    buying a dungeoners guide for 1 ad, to get more seals from t1 and t2 dungeons once a day. some people dont know that one...

honestly there is so much in the way of currencies alone you almost need a guide for it. this game can be daunting and confusing to beginners)

one i do-
    using my old seals up (the regular dungeon ones) buying gear to sell for gold when im running low.
    only buying one coalesent ward during the 50 % off everything event during the end of last year.
  • Options
    kclowekclowe Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    If i only knew they were going to lie about adding coalescent wards for 75 bars and cheap blood rubys aswell. If i knew this i would have bought them with my trade bars while i still could.
  • Options
    wmadosswmadoss Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    wdj40 said:

They dont give u 100% double though its usually 8 -10 rank7s instead of 12 which it would have been if it were double (and yes I have taken into consideration that a rank8 is equal to 3 rank7s)
    So its basically a 50% boost u get on double enchant and runes.