test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hunter Ranger slouching

phoenixstarrfirephoenixstarrfire Member Posts: 11 Arc User
edited January 2016 in General Discussion (PC)

I been experienced in Toril Faerun for decades that it really bothers me when I look at my Hunter Ranger and see that she and other Hunter Rangers are standing in a slouching position looking at the ground. Is that really how a Hunter Ranger should stand? Shouldn't they be, y'know, vigilant and alert of their surroundings instead of looking like they are moping?

I would like to gather up a lot of players to help me convince the Game Designers and Cryptic to make a quick fix to the Hunter Ranger's idle stance. Cause honestly it looks like they can be ambushed easily from behind as they stare at the ground.

Comments

• hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    I feel your pain. My main is an HR and that stance makes all fashion outfits useless. I'll give you a little hint, though: rolling the 20-sided die from the Wondrous Bazaar will let us HR's properly stand up straight, as long as we remain perfectly still afterward. If we move or are bumped, we revert to the "slouch" and have to roll the die again to stand up straight once more.

screenshot 2016 01 27 21 40 48
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    HR shoegaze
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • krymkackrymkac Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    Heh mine enters combat stance like every 4-5 seconds. No idea what causes it but kinda solves shoestaring problem.
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User

I like it. It is like a contemplation. Something natural for a class that is all about nature.

You like the slouch stance? GTFO.

I'm glad someone did decide to make a thread about this. It's sad that the devs are aware of it as stated in the Q&A but have no fixes planned unless we stage a mass protest on the forums. I mean W T actual F. So here we are, PLEASE FIX IT.

On a not unrelated note the Shadow Demon puts my female Combat HR into combat stance every few seconds or so, which is just as annoying.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    Why is this important? If you are just standing around you're not playing the game, so why bother? This seems very trivial compared to the real issues the dev's need to address.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • phoenixstarrfirephoenixstarrfire Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    hustin1 said:

I feel your pain. My main is an HR and that stance makes all fashion outfits useless.

Not only fashion, but regular armor as well. You can see thanks to the slouching position that there's collision issues with the armor.
    Hunter Ranger outfit error photo 2016-01-28_00002_zps6vlbiyxv.jpg
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Oh well, I'll tolerate it over the SW's stupid unnatural posture. With arms clipping through feywild wings.
  • kaedennnkaedennn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 361 Arc User
    i love it this way , mysterious shy hunter coming from the busshes :p
  • juleadreamjuleadream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    And meanwhile CWs have a stance more befitting GF or GWF...my MoF looks like she's about to start a barroom brawl in the Moonstone Mask.
  • aaramis75aaramis75 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    All of our HRs are suffering from depression, given their state in the game right now.

It's blatantly obvious.
  • phrendonphrendon Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    What good would we be at Hunter Rangering if our shoes were untied?
  • krymkackrymkac Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    aaramis75 said:

All of our HRs are suffering from depression, given their state in the game right now.

It's blatantly obvious.

Rangers doing fine actually. And not forced to use lost set to deal dmg. Cc is way better than of wizards. So we should stand proud hehe! But i do agree we have tons of far more serious problems in game, if y have time to watch what your char's doing standing at the camp.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    I agree.. unslouch my pretty half elf! I want to see her face better!
  • alyrissaalyrissa Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    HR posture may be more tolerable if one was to rotate your monitor to compensate
  • throsbithrosbi Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    Hunters, fisherman, trackers etc look down to see whats going on or has gone on around them in the wilderness. You would be surprised how much info is at your feet.
  • linoge63linoge63 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    throsbi said:

Hunters, fisherman, trackers etc look down to see whats going on or has gone on around them in the wilderness. You would be surprised how much info is at your feet.

Good point; and also, if ones class typically is wearing a bag of rotting leaves, focus is on other things than fashion, as I'm sure many US green berets would agree.

Additionally, the hunter ranger is a master of blending into the wilds...they stand like a tree in other words. Most tree limbs bend a little at its end and that's what the hunter ranger stance mimics. The only abberated thing is the hunter ranger hangin out at the fire!
  • phoenixstarrfirephoenixstarrfire Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    phrendon said:

What good would we be at Hunter Rangering if our shoes were untied?

You sir, made me laugh.
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    I could test how it would look with the "Heroic" stance in the Foundry. Wait...no...no I can't test that because there isn't any Hunter Ranger gear available in the Foundry...
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5