test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Story Arc: Where to get it?

zamajezamaje Member Posts: 24 Arc User
I'm running a campaign and I wanted to use the game's plot line as a general skeleton but I'm not sure where to find the actual in-game story arc. Where is it?

Comments

• zamajezamaje Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Thanks @magenubbie I did take a look at the game wiki and the actual Neverwinter wiki and found a larger background history which was a bit helpful.

Hopefully Zebular has something.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2016
    The game begins with content detailed in the Neverwinter Campaign Setting and is supplemented with content from the Brimstone Angels and Lesser Evils novels. It follows the storyline written in the novels by R.A. Salvatore: Gauntlgrym (2010), Neverwinter (2011), Charon's Claw (2012), and The Last Threshold (2013). After which, it follows Wizard of the Coast's story arcs for the Forgotten Realms leading up to the last Sundering and now we're past the Sundering novels. We're currently on the Underdark (aka Rage of Demons) story arc, having went through Tyranny of Dragons and Elemental Evil.

If you want to base a paper & pencil campaign on Neverwinter, I suggest to get the Neverwinter Campaign Setting and then all the following source material there-after up to the current story arc. Keep in mind, Neverwinter (the MMO) is canon in terms of lore and story. It's just not easy to see a linear pattern in the way the content is delivered and repeatable in MMO format.