test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Epic Weapons over Artifact Weapon ?

Hello,

I'm level 70 and iLevel of 1940.

I'm currently using the Ensorcelled Longbow and Blades for my HR.
I can't seem to find better weapons for now, but I do have the Artifact Weapon set (Elemental Longbow of Fire + Blades).
The Longbow is RARE (blue) while the Blades are UNCOMMON (green).

Should I stick with my Ensorcelled set and keep Refining both artifact until they are Epic (Purple) then use them ?

PS: Not sure if it's the right section. Mod, please move my thread if needed please! Sorry 'bout that!

Regards,

David

Comments

• scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    I would keep using the ensorcelled weapon for sure. If the artifact off hand bonus to the class feature you are using is a good one then using the green off hand could be a lot stronger then using the stats and weapon damage from the off hand. otherwise keep going with the ensorcelled off hand as well
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    Yep for some classes the Mulho weapons are better till you can refine the artifacts to purple. Not sure about the HR it'll depend on the artifact set bonus's relevance to your stats and the powers unlocked on the artifacts, it'll be personal to your build and skillset, but for learning a class and gaining enough rp/ad to refine the weapons Mulho are highly efficent if you already possess them. Just think about what powers you want the artifacts to enhance and how you can work with them as you gather the RP needed to get them there.
  • dunlopcgi#1405 dunlopcgi Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    scathias said:

I would keep using the ensorcelled weapon for sure. If the artifact off hand bonus to the class feature you are using is a good one then using the green off hand could be a lot stronger then using the stats and weapon damage from the off hand. otherwise keep going with the ensorcelled off hand as well

The Elemental Longbow of Fire has the current bonus:

- Equip: Stamina restored up to 40 % depending on Split Shot hold time. Increase damage done by Split Strike by 10 % and restore 10 % Stamina. (I'm not using any of these skills)

As for the Elemental Fire Blades:

- Artifact Stat Increase: Unlocks at Rank 35 (That's okay, I can live with this)
    - Artifact Class Feature: Crushing Roots now also increases your Control Bonus by 15 % (Not sure 'bout this one)

Thanks!
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    crushing roots is an excellent class feature if you are a trapper build. That offhand bonus would increase the time that crushing roots is active and controlling the targets. Iit would not increase by a lot though so if you feel that you are soloing just fine currently then i would stick to the ensorcelled
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • dunlopcgi#1405 dunlopcgi Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    scathias said:

crushing roots is an excellent class feature if you are a trapper build. That offhand bonus would increase the time that crushing roots is active and controlling the targets. Iit would not increase by a lot though so if you feel that you are soloing just fine currently then i would stick to the ensorcelled

My build is a Trapper as well... But yeah, right now I'm soloing just fine! So I think I'll stick with the Ensorcelled set and Refine my Belt Artifact instead (Golden Belt of Puissance)...

Thanks !
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    Back in my day we got our Epic Weapons from Castle Never like normal sane people. None of this Crab Mote Demon Slaying artificing nonsense. If you're happy with the epic weapons I say stick with them :)

*Contemplates telling the kids to get off her SH lawn* <3​​
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User

The Elemental ones are obsolete.

Nope. Mine still work. :-)

header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    The Elemental Artifact main and off-hand that you get from the Elemental Evil story arc are perfectly fine for the vast majority of content - it just takes a lot of RPs to get to that point.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • theoddis1theoddis1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 353 Arc User
    Honestly i would work on getting your ilev up with some enchants or elven gear and try to go for the twisted set being that they are just about the best weapon for any DPS class dont waste any more RP on the elemetal fire weapons