Options

Disable enchantment visuals option.

2»

Comments

• Options
    lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    etnad321 wrote: »
    will we ever get it im really sick of those enchantments visuals that ruin my character look i spend alot of AD for dyes just to get them covered by enchantments :(

Yes I saw a guildie yesterday when running CN, he had a perfect bloodtheft and it was far from impressive. It was not making you want to have this enchant too. A walking fountain of rust powder.
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    As a side though having a drop down menu for ANY visual to apply as long as you have the enchant is way too complex. A simple
    "disable current enchant visual" is better.

Enabling or Disabling Enchantments, period, is what was stated to be too complicated to implement.
    The drop down is not the too complicated aspect preventing it from being implemented.

As some of the other code savvy players here have said it is hard to fathom why it is hard to disable. Typically it is a lot harder to tell something to display to the screen than not to. But we don't know the inner workings of the code. The devs didn't just say decide it was too complicated on a whim. They actually did go into the code and try to decide if there was a way to implement this feature and their response was that it was not possible.

This is at the very least the top ten requested feature to be added to the game. If it was as easy as we all think it should be they would have done it by now.
  • Options
    vaulwynvaulwyn Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Indeed. As a hobbyist programmer myself I know that situation all too well. When I programmed for NWN persistent worlds the players used to suggest what to them seemed like simple ideas which were just not possible with the Aurora Toolset functions.

However here's a thought...

They might not be able to make the current weapon enchantments visuals get disabled...
    But in theory...at least in my mind...they could make enchantments with duplicate effects that have a blank visual appearance. They could add a store which allowed players to "buy" these enchantments for their current enchantment and a fee.

In short they might not be able to make the "Perfect Vorpal" visuals disappear but they could make a "Perfect Vorpal (invisible)" with no visuals or a blank visual effect.

Just found this thread and was going to make this exact suggestion, there is always a way and this way is very simple easy to implement and profitable.

At your next meeting you should make this suggestion or at least let them know that players have specifically asked for this option.
    GF - Sigh
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Necro aside, I'd be all for it, too.

I would, however, see the merit of enforcing the effect to be active in PvP.
  • Options
    candlesmokecandlesmoke Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    After 9 months of playing nearly everyday I find myself loving the game. Haven't lost interest, have VIP membership.

Today I got my Vorpal to Greater status and am having a really hard time playing. The constant flickering hurts my frontal lobe and eyes, and I'm still seeing the ghost image now, as I type.

I am really loving my GWF build and do not want to discard the Vorpal, but I'm not sure i will be able to continue playing.

It sounds whiny, and in the grand scheme of the world does not matter, but I am a little heartbroken.

Maybe I can just turn my graphics all the way down? :/

- Xasthura Sunno (Chronic Legion)

Sorry if this is in an old thread. I just noticed that. Are there any newer posts addressing this topic? I used the search option and am not new to forums. If so, please include a link. Thanks everyone!