test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Four quests don't give the promised rewards

xveganroxxveganrox Member Posts: 27 Arc User
Sharandar weekly The Arcane Reservoir promises a Greater Thaumaturgic Stone but gives a normal Thaumaturgic Stone. Much more importantly, in Dread Ring all three of Knox's Saturday and Sunday Lair quests promise Greater marks but give Lesser or no marks. These quests show the promised rewards in the quest info but do not drop them.

Comments

• Options
    ladyfluviatilisladyfluviatilis Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    The Arcane Reservoir always gives a total 15k refining points in various kinds of Thaumaturgic Stones, but they usually are NOT the exact stones you see when you take the quest. Luckily the points are the same.

(DR does not work as it written, indeed. Reading around, it seems it has been like that since mod 6).

Strive always to aid, to foster new hope, new ideas, and new prosperity for all humankind and its allies. Perfect thyself, and guard ever against pride, for it is a sacred duty to foster new growth, nurture growing things, and work for rebirth and renewal. Be fertile in mind and in body. Consider always the consequences of thine actions so that the least effort may bring the greatest and best reward. Wherever you go, sow seeds of plants, tend the growing things you find, and plant seeds of hope, new ideas, and plans for a rosy future in the minds of all. Whenever possible, see each dawn. - Lathander's Dogma
  • Options
    zefirootzefiroot Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User
    Like ladyfluviatilis said Arcane reservoir doesn't give specified stones but it gives the same amount. About DR - those description form sg. Knox are old - you can see rewards you get in the campaign window under DR - schedule.
  • Options
    mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    In Dread ring, only Phantasm Fortress is broken, other 2 dungeons work as intended/described.
    PF Should eventually drop Greater mark of union, but most of the time instead of union, drops mark of another type.
    Other 2 dungeons drop what is described - either greater, or not, but always of proper type.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    mmm1001 said:

In Dread ring, only Phantasm Fortress is broken, other 2 dungeons work as intended/described.
    PF Should eventually drop Greater mark of union, but most of the time instead of union, drops mark of another type.
    Other 2 dungeons drop what is described - either greater, or not, but always of proper type.

They will all give random type and random quality on weekends. Each will still give the original matching type, but random quality, on its fixed weekday assignment. I expect the reason you're seeing the results that you have is due to running them on Tues, Weds, and then a lot of PF on weekends because it's your preferred one and you always take it.

Gawd, I am so f'n sick of explaining this to people. Fix the descriptions so I don't have to.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    skippylivesskippylives Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    And that's the problem. conflicting information in two places and the "correct" information is in a place people wouldn't normally even know exists.

e.i. going to campaign window and looking for a schedule. no other campaign does this. Shar/ToD/etc don't vary reqards. why would one expect DR to? and nothing in any of the conversations with Sgt. Know or those associated tooltips hint that such a place of information exists.

So ya this will keep popping up (and being ignored by support as already "answered") every so often. but will never be fixed.

• Options
    ktrelisktrelis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2016

mmm1001 said:

They will all give random type and random quality on weekends. Each will still give the original matching type, but random quality, on its fixed weekday assignment. I expect the reason you're seeing the results that you have is due to running them on Tues, Weds, and then a lot of PF on weekends because it's your preferred one and you always take it.

Gawd, I am so f'n sick of explaining this to people. Fix the descriptions so I don't have to.
    so if I accept the quest on one day and do it on another. will it give rewards based on the day quest accepted or the day competed? also does the instance matter or the day it is completed on?

I have been trying to figure this out for months, asking several people and no one knows. I accepted Thursday quests yesterday but didn't have time to do them so I"m going to be pissed if I seriously just need to run DR all day on Thursday and never any other day...

also what happens if you use they keys to do runs?
  • Options
    xveganroxxveganrox Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Pretty disappointing to run them and not get the greater marks. They should either fix the quests or the description.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    ktrelis said:

so if I accept the quest on one day and do it on another. will it give rewards based on the day quest accepted or the day competed? also does the instance matter or the day it is completed on?

I have been trying to figure this out for months, asking several people and no one knows. I accepted Thursday quests yesterday but didn't have time to do them so I"m going to be pissed if I seriously just need to run DR all day on Thursday and never any other day...

also what happens if you use they keys to do runs?

Day completed. If you run weekday quests on the weekend, you'll get the totally random mark table. You can use keys to get more chances at epic marks; not having a Knox quest just means you don't get all the campaign currency.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia