test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dwarven King achievements (Warning: Spoilers)

two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
edited November 2015 in PvE Discussion
Here's an incomplete list (click to view):
Cold Hearted (Chapter 1)
High Will Save (Chapter 1)
Weak Willed (Chapter 1)
Pwent's Aid (Chapter 1)
Misunderstood (Chapter 1)
Lightfoot (Chapter 3)
Poked the Barbarian (Chapter 5)
Wolf Tamer (Chapter 5)
Sober Orc (Chapter 6)
Polices Drunk Orcs (Chapter 6, I assume although I didn't trigger it)
Champion of Recruits (Chapter 7)
Bruenor Battlehammer's Ally (Complete all Chapters)
The True King (Complete all Achievements)

Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
Post edited by two30 on

Comments

• crystal892fcrystal892f Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    two30 said:

Polices Drunk Orcs

Same here. I killed every orc in this instance INCLUDING the running drunken one, and still didn't get the title / achievement. Bug?
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    I found another achievement, and after completing it, got a meta-achievement. So I've added those to the list in the OP. Strangely, I completed the meta-achievement without completing Polices Drunk Orcs.
  • rowin4010rowin4010 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    'Polices Drunk Orcs' is not part of the meta. (To see a full list of what is entailed in the meta, check it out in the 'Quests' subsection of the Achievement list in your journal.)

Pity you can't redo the quest chain to get any achievements you miss, especially as there was no warning (that I know of) that there would be achievements as part of exploring/doing other things whilst doing this chain. :(
    "I have never considered it polite to comment upon the ravings of the insane, nor profitable to engage in arguments with lunatics." - King Avallach (Taliesin - Stephen Lawhead)
  • kisakeekisakee Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    rowin4010 said:

Pity you can't redo the quest chain to get any achievements you miss, especially as there was no warning (that I know of) that there would be achievements as part of exploring/doing other things whilst doing this chain. :(

You can redo all quests, just talk to the NPC you got them before.
    r9jtqurw.jpg

• zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    kisakee said:

You can redo all quests, just talk to the NPC you got them before.

What's really funny is how the game goes through some pains to spell this out to you. When you complete the chapters it specifically tells you that you can replay them all. It's not like this is some hidden feature only the elites and the weirdly curious know about. We're just the ones that bothered to learn how to read.

• destroth#1564 destroth Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    The Policies drunk orcs achievement is completed by not killing that orc; just talk to him four times I think and he wakes up and decides he doesn't want to fight. Let him run off and you get the achievement.

Edit: I was wrong, the method I said is for the sober achievement. I don't know how to get the policing one other than to try killing the Orc as he runs off.
    Post edited by destroth#1564 on
  • rowin4010rowin4010 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    zibadawa said:

What's really funny is how the game goes through some pains to spell this out to you. When you complete the chapters it specifically tells you that you can replay them all. It's not like this is some hidden feature only the elites and the weirdly curious know about. We're just the ones that bothered to learn how to read.

Ooh, snarky.

FWIW, at the time I posted my question, I had yet to complete the entire chain and, when I returned to the quest giver, there was no option to redo any of the chapters at that time. This option only becomes available once you have completed the entire chain, not just the individual chapters.

So, yeah - heh - learn to read yourself. :p

"I have never considered it polite to comment upon the ravings of the insane, nor profitable to engage in arguments with lunatics." - King Avallach (Taliesin - Stephen Lawhead)
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I am missing Cold Hearted and am decidedly at a loss as to what could possibly trigger it. It's the only one I haven't figured out, and it's driving me nuts because I swear I've tried everything.

(Edit: No, I do not have Polices Drunk Orcs either, but I'm not going to sweat that one if it's possibly broken.)
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia

I am missing Cold Hearted

How it worked for me:
    Cold Hearted: Take the Chandler Family Savings immediately upon opening the chest.
    High Will Save: Open the chest, but don't take savings. Walk away.
    Weak Willed: Open the chest, but don't take savings. Return to chest, and take savings.
  • spraypaint#9237 spraypaint Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Did anyone figure out "Polices Drunk Orcs" its the only one I didn't get :(
    two30 said:

I am missing Cold Hearted

How it worked for me:
    Cold Hearted: Take the Chandler Family Savings immediately upon opening the chest.
    High Will Save: Open the chest, but don't take savings. Walk away.
    Weak Willed: Open the chest, but don't take savings. Return to chest, and take savings.
    Oh, ok, thanks. Not possible to get them all in a single run.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• dademon1982dademon1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User
    Apart from the "Polices Drunk Orcs", the only one I am missing is the Wolf tamer one, any hints on where to find any wolves said chapter?

FateSpinners Guild Leader We are RECRUITING!!

Apart from the "Polices Drunk Orcs", the only one I am missing is the Wolf tamer one, any hints on where to find any wolves said chapter?

Hint:
    Explore the perimeter after killing the boss.
  • dademon1982dademon1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Ah cool got it!! True king on all toons now. Thanks a lot!

Never thought of exploring AFTER a boss, Always see that as the end of an instance...

Now if only that "Polices drunk Ocrs" would become clear (or unbug) it's GLARING at me...

FateSpinners Guild Leader We are RECRUITING!!
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    I'm pretty sure Polices Drunk Orcs doesn't work right now.

The text for it implies that you will get the achievement if you kill the drunk orc that you interact with to get Sober Orc, but I have killed it on several characters and still don't have the Polices Drunk Orcs achievement.
  • spraypaint#9237 spraypaint Member Posts: 4 Arc User

I'm pretty sure Polices Drunk Orcs doesn't work right now.

The text for it implies that you will get the achievement if you kill the drunk orc that you interact with to get Sober Orc, but I have killed it on several characters and still don't have the Polices Drunk Orcs achievement.
    And your spoiler there is what I'm trying to verify, Does ANYONE actually have that achievement? and if so would you kindly point us in the right direction and we all seem to be lost otherwise... thank you
  • kisakeekisakee Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    I tried all i ever imagined to get the Drunk Orc thing, even killing the boss first and sleeping plus drunk orcs after, still nothing.. But True King achievement already triggered. I guess it's a bug.
    r9jtqurw.jpg

• hammerfaller21hammerfaller21 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    someone know how to take Poked the Barbarian ?

someone know how to take Poked the Barbarian ?

When you enter chapter 5, go to your right. A group of barbarians will tell you to go away. Let the situation play out.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    A hint on how to get the chapter 1 achievements a little faster (so you don't end up running it 3 or 4 times...)

On you first time through:
    Open the chest, but do not take the treasure. Close the box. Walk away back into the room until you get the High Will Save achievement. Then, go back and take the treasure to earn the Weak Willed achievement. Follow Pwent back in to earn Pwents Aid. Then give the treasure to the guard when you turn in to earn Misunderstood.

On your second time through, take the treasure right out to earn Cold Hearted, and you'll have all the achievement here. yay you! Then hock their trash..er..treasure for 10cp in the driftwood and get wasted.

• santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    kvet said:

A hint on how to get the chapter 1 achievements a little faster (so you don't end up running it 3 or 4 times...)

On you first time through:
    Open the chest, but do not take the treasure. Close the box. Walk away back into the room until you get the High Will Save achievement. Then, go back and take the treasure to earn the Weak Willed achievement. Follow Pwent back in to earn Pwents Aid. Then give the treasure to the guard when you turn in to earn Misunderstood.

On your second time through, take the treasure right out to earn Cold Hearted, and you'll have all the achievement here. yay you! Then hock their trash..er..treasure for 10cp in the driftwood and get wasted.

Great advice. I'll do it your way on my alt.
  • xreverusxxreverusx Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    A hint on how to get the Barbarian and Wolf tamer acheivements .... EXPLORE THE MAP!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can't expect to figure anything out without at least looking around a little bit... I mean, there are "Dead Wolf Trainer"s on the ground in a required boss fight
    That being said, I am still trying to get "Sober Orcs" or "Polices Drunken Orcs" I am assuming it is the one in the cave where all the orcs are laying in beds snoring??? "Tattered Map" or something like that... I am gonna run it again right now 3rd time... I will post again if I figure it out
    -Liela Selonas
    Well, I'll be... it is the first mob that you hit in the caves! sneak up on em... look at em, they are drunk! after you wipe em out, notice that there is one sleeping still leaned up against the table. WAKE HIM UP!!!! and you get the achievement you need to complete list ; )
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Nevermind
    Post edited by santralafax on
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    Okay... Thanks to you guys, I have finished all. Now only Policies Drunk Orcs remains but it is acknowledged to be bugged...
    FrozenFire
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User

Okay... Thanks to you guys, I have finished all. Now only Policies Drunk Orcs remains but it is acknowledged to be bugged...

Preview patch note thread says it's on their radar, so hopefully there will be a fix in the coming weeks.