What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bonding Stone Percentages

Comments

• Options
    kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
    john6522 said:

I've probably got at least five million into my companion(yes that's a lot on console due to no bots).
    I would be quite upset if these were patched due to the amount of money and time spent to obtain the extra stats.

Your emotions will change nothing. Get ready to be upset at anytime. Cryptic changes things out of nowhere. I spent millions on creating Greater Dragon Hoard Enchantments, then one month later Cryptic destroyed them with a massive nerf. I was extremely upset. My being upset changed nothing.

• Options
    john6522 said:

They did that due to botters on PC. The only reason I keep tabs on discussions here is because you guys impact our server more than you think.

You guys? Are you callin me a botter?

• Options
    I don't see why it matters what Cryptics stated reason is for a huge nerf. It happens to tons of things in-game, and not only things attributed to bots.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    normalizing this to 3 procs .. does not at all diminish the values, it just stops the ludicrous spike damages coming at bosses, where some people can manipulate this and get 4-7 procs extra.. that simply shouldnt be there. No one can really argue that they should be there.. its simply another fail coding issue. Just simply PUT all players having the ability of 3 procs on at one time.. so who cares if your pet procs 20000.. you get only the 3.

3 stones, 3 procs.

It seems rather simple to me.. you dont get 4,5,6+ it shouldnt be there.

• Options
    alewarrior99alewarrior99 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited January 2016

normalizing this to 3 procs .. does not at all diminish the values, it just stops the ludicrous spike damages coming at bosses, where some people can manipulate this and get 4-7 procs extra.. that simply shouldnt be there. No one can really argue that they should be there.. its simply another fail coding issue. Just simply PUT all players having the ability of 3 procs on at one time.. so who cares if your pet procs 20000.. you get only the 3.

3 stones, 3 procs.

I AGREE!

Bonding Runestones are simply Ridiculous... 4,5,6 procs = EXPLOIT no Legit ... but we all know that people don't know LEGIT term ..

The BiS (companion) is IOUN STONE .. it gives u 100% stat .. BUT :

Why one Fck Pet Without Cooldown on skill (like Zhentarim) can be Legit?

Why when pet die can reset the runestones's cooldown? <----- BEST EXLPOIT in this game

Why 3 Fck Stones gives 285% and Ioun Stone only 100% ..??

ALL IS RIDICULOUS .. Pet + Bonding = only for Noobs without Hands ..

• Options
    karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    You are complaining about that one method is more effective than another one?
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User

3 stones, 3 procs.

I AGREE!

Bonding Runestones are simply Ridiculous... 4,5,6 procs = EXPLOIT no Legit ... but we all know that people don't know LEGIT term ..

Why when pet die can reset the runestones's cooldown?
    Companions that are alive, have to attack, can aggro, can DIE......versus a pet that can not...there should be absolutley no comparison what so ever. The pet that can die should be 500 times better than one that can not.

I have no issue if they fix it so it procs 3 times max at all. I have no problem that a pet with 3 bonding stones is better than an augment either.

Is procing more than 3 times a bug? We don't know. Anyone wants to provide a link that clearly states from a developer that resetting the stones on death is not working as intended (cause it sure seems they would have had to CODE it that way to do that...right?)

Easy with calling exploits - there are bugsthat players can take advantage of and then there are bugsin which you have to go out of your way to take advantage of. Like pulling Traven through the door....there is no LOGICAL reason to do that unless you want to exploit. Using a pet with bonding stones is normal gameplay....if it dies, you get more benefit.....so the option is either to stop using bonding stones (cause EVERY pet dies), or be considered an Exploiter? Come on now.
  • Options
    milten1992milten1992 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited January 2016
    they must fix it ! gwf can easy do solo all t2s with pet+bonding r12, but still gwf can do solo all t2s only with ioun stone(i saw Nami also soloed all t2s and she/he use cat, not pet with bugged bonding stones,;d) , they need also add more difficult dgs or nerf gwf :O

and I tested my z.warlock(epic), added 5056 power to the pet and use bonding runestone r12

1 stack: +4853
    2 stacks: +8706
    3 stacks: +12559
    when reach 3 stack i let z.warlock die and use lirras bell,
    4 stacks: +15412
    5 stacks: +19265
    (sry for my English, is not my own language)
  • Options
    edited January 2016

(from gypsydanger) "
    Companions that are alive, have to attack, can aggro, can DIE......versus a pet that can not...there should be absolutley no comparison what so ever. The pet that can die should be 500 times better than one that can not.

I have no issue if they fix it so it procs 3 times max at all. I have no problem that a pet with 3 bonding stones is better than an augment either.

Is procing more than 3 times a bug? We don't know. Anyone wants to provide a link that clearly states from a developer that resetting the stones on death is not working as intended (cause it sure seems they would have had to CODE it that way to do that...right?)

Easy with calling exploits - there are bugsthat players can take advantage of and then there are bugsin which you have to go out of your way to take advantage of. Like pulling Traven through the door....there is no LOGICAL reason to do that unless you want to exploit. Using a pet with bonding stones is normal gameplay....if it dies, you get more benefit.....so the option is either to stop using bonding stones (cause EVERY pet dies), or be considered an Exploiter? Come on now."

But thats the issue.. its ACTUALLY benefits players to let your pet die..

Its better for them TO pop off!

thats what Im trying to point out.

It should actually be a penalty.. in fact if they just made it so your gifts are removed on comps death.. I would be ok with the multi stacking.

But its not.. so something has to give.

There is no way that people should be getting that much stats, this is why you see bosses melt, you add these ridicolous stats, with the debuffs/buffs we already get + losty set.

bam.. million damage with just at wills on gwfs in a matter of seconds.

Instead of having this pointed out to start with.. it was swept under the carpet.. in fact in another thread, people said I was lying about it..

Because.. they want to keep it.

Active pets being 15-20% better then augments is ok.. it being better by a factor of 30-40% seems really out of line.

• Options
    Now I finally why understand why these GWF's were posting paingiver dmg that was five-ten times the amount of all the other party members combined. They are using these Bonding Stones on a pet. I think it's actually ruining the game because it takes away the challenge. Without any challenge (just standing back and watching mobs and bosses melt) the game isn't fun anymore.
  • Options
    verdonix1 said:

kurtb88 said:

Now I finally why understand why these GWF's were posting paingiver dmg that was five-ten times the amount of all the other party members combined. They are using these Bonding Stones on a pet. I think it's actually ruining the game because it takes away the challenge. Without any challenge (just standing back and watching mobs and bosses melt) the game isn't fun anymore.

The one thing I don't get is, why party with them if you do not like that? Why force others to come to your playstyle? Maybe some like to go in and watch stuff melt? I dunno, I just started playing around with bonding runestones so I am not up on all the hub bub.... I have 3 rank 10's on an Air Archon and I can never get more than 3 stacks at a time, and it is rare I get 3, normally 2....

Let people play the way they want, it is ALOT easier to play "down" then play "up"

Truth is, most people complaining, would be fine, if they found something that benefited just them.....

If some players had a button that instantly killed the mobs and bosses you would enjoy that and think its good for an MMO? You'd run along behind them as everything died instantly and think how wonderful the game is, and ask them how you can also get this power?

It's people like that who RUIN games. A game that lasts has BALANCE and it's the challenge that keeps people playing.

• Options

kurtb88 said:

verdonix1 said:

kurtb88 said:

The one thing I don't get is, why party with them if you do not like that? Why force others to come to your playstyle? Maybe some like to go in and watch stuff melt? I dunno, I just started playing around with bonding runestones so I am not up on all the hub bub.... I have 3 rank 10's on an Air Archon and I can never get more than 3 stacks at a time, and it is rare I get 3, normally 2....

Let people play the way they want, it is ALOT easier to play "down" then play "up"

Truth is, most people complaining, would be fine, if they found something that benefited just them.....

If some players had a button that instantly killed the mobs and bosses you would enjoy that and think its good for an MMO? You'd run along behind them as everything died instantly and think how wonderful the game is, and ask them how you can also get this power?

It's people like that who RUIN games. A game that lasts has BALANCE and it's the challenge that keeps people playing.

When the Jagged Dancing Blade one-shot bug was active, people begged to be in the Well instances with them. Currently people beg to have Warlocks with the Broken MC set in their parties and channels. So, it seems people do enjoy that kind of thing.
    People with no wisdom or foresight. People that contribute to an atmosphere which ends up ruining a game.
  • Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    kurtb88 said:

People pursue mastery of the challenge. Which in a combat game means they wish to become immortal death machines. It is the natural progression. A game that consistently promises you death you cannot control is frustrating to most gamers. They do exist, so if you want one of those, go play a rogue-like. Or play a melee class in Diablo 2.

• Options

3 stones, 3 procs.

I AGREE!

Why when pet die can reset the runestones's cooldown?

Easy with calling exploits - there are bugsthat players can take advantage of and then there are bugsin which you have to go out of your way to take advantage of. Like pulling Traven through the door....there is no LOGICAL reason to do that unless you want to exploit. Using a pet with bonding stones is normal gameplay....if it dies, you get more benefit.....so the option is either to stop using bonding stones (cause EVERY pet dies), or be considered an Exploiter? Come on now.
    only u don't know ahhaahahahah .. wake up
  • Options

they must fix it ! gwf can easy do solo all t2s with pet+bonding r12, but still gwf can do solo all t2s only with ioun stone(i saw Nami also soloed all t2s and she/he use cat, not pet with bugged bonding stones,;d) , they need also add more difficult dgs or nerf gwf :O

and I tested my z.warlock(epic), added 5056 power to the pet and use bonding runestone r12

1 stack: +4853

2 stacks: +8706

3 stacks: +12559

when reach 3 stack i let z.warlock die and use lirras bell,

4 stacks: +15412

5 stacks: +19265

(sry for my English, is not my own language)

GWF ISN'T THE PROBLEM ... THE PROBLEM IS FCK PET WITH BONDING .. BECAUSE ANYONE CAN DO T2 WITH IT!
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    kurtb88 said:

Naaahhh The problem is that everyone copies Lazalia ... this is the problem .. When Lazalia leave the game will be the ruin for 50% of GWFs ...

and remember 90% of GWF's Damge is INTO THE FRAY = BUFF .. without GF's Buff or DC's Buff = c-r-a-p

BUT the strange thing is that nobody write about STORM SPELL (CW passive power) .. bah .. this passive power is fck ridiculous! ..
  • Options
    umscheumsche Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 461 Arc User

kurtb88 said:

Naaahhh The problem is that everyone copies Lazalia ... this is the problem .. When Lazalia leave the game will be the ruin for 50% of GWFs ...

and remember 90% of GWF's Damge is INTO THE FRAY = BUFF .. without GF's Buff or DC's Buff = HAMSTER.

BUT the strange thing is that nobody write about STORM SPELL (CW passive power) .. bah .. this passive power is fck ridiculous! ..
    So Lazalia soloing a dungeon gets his damage from an unexisting GF and DC.

As for storm spell, it was already nerfed enough. It would be a problem if a CW did 4times the damage of every other class, which it does not.
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    kurtb88 said:

No, you don't apparently. They can do that without bonding stones.
    verdonix1 said:

kurtb88 said:

Even with a warlock it sits at three stacks and if it dies you usually only get one extra stack for a bit even with a bell to rez it.

Bosses melt more than fast enough with just ioun stones on DPS and debuff cleric(s).
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    umsche said:

kurtb88 said:

and remember 90% of GWF's Damge is INTO THE FRAY = BUFF .. without GF's Buff or DC's Buff = HAMSTER.

So Lazalia soloing a dungeon gets his damage from an unexisting GF and DC.

As for storm spell, it was already nerfed enough. It would be a problem if a CW did 4times the damage of every other class, which it does not.
    Battle Fury - Elixirs - Feytouched - 285% stats from Bonding Pet ... maybe u dont see Lazalia's Videos

People See only Critical Hit ahahahah ..but don't see Buff ecc .. Ridiculous
  • Options
    amafia313amafia313 Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    Please keep going guys. Very informative
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    they definitely need to not stacks more than thrice.
    and i would even buff augmented companions a bit.
  • Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    Why do you guys feel that non augments should give move stats than augments?! Non augments do something unlike augments, so they need to give considerably lesser stats than augments through what ever means. They should never give more stats than augments because the latter exist only to boost stats. Your arguments are like saying allrounders should be able to do better in a particular field than the specialists of that field.

And what's with all the nerf this, nerf that? Talk about buffing weaker stuff. If you nerf stuff just because you aren't able to get to the top of the board, it's you who loose out and make stuff a lot more difficult. Ask to buff yourself and make life easier for everybody.
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    mercedesmanmercedesman Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Wow what this has turned into.. I just wanted to know if the tooltip was correct at 65% for a R12 or was it 95% like the wiki has. This has turned into some productive conversation and some slamming as well. Thanks to everyone for joining in on the talk.

I use a shadow demon and if you are not familiar with what he can do on his own it is nothing short of crazy (I am not talking about the "deflect" bug.. i am talking shadow strike dealing 183K as recorded on ACT). I will be posting on youtube videos of him doing 5 man stronghold HE's on his own (Spider Attack, Drake Attack, Beast Attack...).

As for the R12's, they do give me the 95% as confirmed earlier.. so I get an additional ~10K power and ~9K crit from using the pet and the R12 bondings (3 procs) over my black dragon ioun stone with the same type jewels and enchants but with R12 Profanes.

As for me, I couldn't care less if they fix the "bug" on the 4th,5th..nth proc because at 3 procs things melt very quick.. hell at 1 proc things melt quick enough. I used my ioun stone until I got to IL 4K and then went with a pet as a change of pace because the game had lost its fun aspect. It is sad to say I have more fun finding tough fights for my pet then finding them for me. :(
  • Options
    btw.. if they do cap at three, they would need to probably extend the gift from 3 seconds to 5.

Otherwise you might end up with less then 3.. frankly I wouldnt mind just seeing it stay up as long as you are in combat.