Install Arc

My gift to you.

2»

Comments

• tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    I can't i don't play on Xbox ;)
  • s4v10rxs4v10rx Member Posts: 389 Arc User

I can't i don't play on Xbox ;)

send him a pm on this forum and i'm sure he will respond to your pm.
    Guild: Asylum
    Character:
    7thS1n---Trickster Rouge LV 70(perma-Stun build)
    7ThH3AL3R-- Devoted Cleric LV 70 (Divine Oracle Haste/DPS build)
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard
    7ThW4rL0CK-- Scrooge Warlock
    7THW4R--Great Weapon Fighter
  • mercbenz360mercbenz360 Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    Late to the party, but I thought this was a great gesture by Asylum. The lengths some guilds are going to jump forward has been surprising, this is a nice move to counter that. /respect
  • richard#6899 richard Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Very cool thanks a lot!
  • mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    I started off by thinking this was a good Idea but the more I see and the longer I have thought about it the more I feel it is an unwanted distortion in the game and will have more negative impacts in the long run than positive ones.
    Its basically encouraging guild hopping and as we know there is plenty of that to go around as it is.
    All this will do is be a disincentive to players to grow their own guild to the level that would allow them to get this gear.
    Further impacting the smaller guilds ability to compete with the big guys.

It seems to be a plan that is all about ME at the cost of WE.
  • Yes I feel you on the small guild part , because my Xbox clan/group doesn't have a lot of friends its just us having fun playing the game and when only 3 of us play neverwinter and we like to keep our group going but the grind is so bad with just a few people , we don't want to join another group and have things handed to us , I just wish they would set some scales for small , medium , big ..ect that way everyone can enjoy the game and not feel so left out
    mahburg said:

I started off by thinking this was a good Idea but the more I see and the longer I have thought about it the more I feel it is an unwanted distortion in the game and will have more negative impacts in the long run than positive ones.
    Its basically encouraging guild hopping and as we know there is plenty of that to go around as it is.
    All this will do is be a disincentive to players to grow their own guild to the level that would allow them to get this gear.

actually we did not encourage any1 to jump guild, as if you read what the orginal poster wrote, he mentioned that any1 can come in to ASYLUM and get their gear for free and leave/go back to their original guild after buying it. this is 1 of the solution/option available for smaller guild as ASYLUM knows that it's going to take time and real $$ to upgrade the guild's strong hold. in fact i know the leaders have kicked a lot of ppl out of the guild for joining the guild under the false pretenses

Character:
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard
  • mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    s4v10rx said:

mahburg said:

actually we did not encourage any1 to jump guild, as if you read what the orginal poster wrote, he mentioned that any1 can come in to ASYLUM and get their gear for free and leave/go back to their original guild after buying it. this is 1 of the solution/option available for smaller guild as ASYLUM knows that it's going to take time and real $$ to upgrade the guild's strong hold. in fact i know the leaders have kicked a lot of ppl out of the guild for joining the guild under the false pretenses

If you had bothered to read what I wrote, you would see I initially thought this was a good thing, which clearly should imply I understood what the offer was.

I also did not say that was the intention on their part did I?

This is a classic illustration of the law of unintended consequences in my opinion and it works to the disadvantage of the smaller guilds over the long haul.
    mahburg said:

s4v10rx said:

mahburg said:

This is a classic illustration of the law of unintended consequences in my opinion and it works to the disadvantage of the smaller guilds over the long haul.

i fully understand the law of unintended consequences tho i feel you r kind of pessimistic to think that way as i do know a couple of small guild have been getting gear from us but also upgrading their stronghold to the state where the guildies in that SH is able to buy the stamina and ap drain. more importantly this is the initiative that ASYLUM and Denial have created so that we are able to help smaller guild and the community, especially new players to get their stuff and still enjoy the game rather than making them quit playing and see this game dying.

Character:
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard