test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Eye of Lathander should be aviable on Tarmalune shop

clonkyo1clonkyo1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,553 Arc User
edited December 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
Devs, no offense, but i am tired of farming DR and not getting the bloody Eye from the lair's coffer even while im using star metal gauntlets... Mind if you put it on tarmalune bar trade shop even if it costs 2k bars? I want to try some builds around it but cant because of that low loot rate.
Random Quotes:
- "perfect vorpal on TR with 100% crit chance is flat 50% dmg increase"
- "30% defense reduction does not necessarily mean 30% damage increase"
- "Oh!! 'Professions!!' :facepalm: , Good luck!"
- "For anyone who wants to change their enchants but wants unbound ones, trading with players/using the auction house is the way to go"
- About Barb's Avalanche of Steel: "Basically a perfect daily attack. That's the problem; it is immaculately PERFECT."

Comments

• instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    I have the same issue.. been grinding DR since it came out.. and now I have TWO characters that need one.

I was running with a guildmate the other day, and one dropped for him... and, of course, he doesn't have any Lathander stuff on any of his characters... so it's going to just go to waste.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
    It's not "dead"... just ... improbable to get.
    header.png
  • flehstifferflehstiffer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    The eye is bound to account. Which is really sad, since my CW has 2. One equipped, and the other in my bank waiting for 2xRP. I got it before underdark so its bound. I can't even give it to another toon :(
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    Got one in my 2nd or 3rd month of playing the game, and didn't understand its value. BTC. I used it for RP. That character, that I no longer play, still wouldn't need it if I were concerned about his equipment.
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    I wonder why players are so interested in this set now. I have mine since ages...

- in pvp, forces you to use soulforged, which is currently miles away from t.negation and scales HORRIBLY. I'm always mocked because i pvp with soulforged. It's also under healing depression and you get back to life unbuffed, becoming an easy target.
    - In pve you have to use soulforged, which scales horribly (again) and, in fact, most players don't bother going up from a lesser. So it is linked to an ar or enchant that is poorly reworked and scales horribly. Only advantage was the immunity to injuries, which you can get now with VIP rank 7 along with more advantages (keys ecc...). Easier than farming dr for ages
    - Elol set outperforms the bonus from lathander set, be it pve DPS or pvp
    - Lathander set bugout. Reported it ages ago, nobody cares. Basically, when an enemy kills you with an heavy finisher (shocking execution, anvil, ecc...) you get back to life with the base SF hps. Finishers cancel the lathander healing often.

Until thedeve rebalance enchants and sets, i don't see why you would go for the pain to farm lathander set.
    It's currently outperformed, bugged and far from the "meta".
    I kept it cause it was quite rare and was waiting for fixes and rebalance, which is obviously not in the minds of your devs.
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I absolutely love the Lathander set as a pure pve player. The immunity to injuries (from more than just death btw) is pure win - I don't and probably won't ever have VIP rank 7. I do have a greater Soulforged though.

I suppose I have been lucky with Eye drops from DR lairs, which I do every single day on three toons for the last two years. I have only managed to get one BoA Eye so far. Still sitting with a character-bound Eye on an alt that will be using it for RP come Tuesday.

The fact that the Eye is now BoA should make it easier to get on the toon that needs it, but then NW RNG is notoriously fickle. There MUST be another way to obtain it given that it is part of a selective few artifact sets and the most difficult to complete.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • flehstifferflehstiffer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    It was originally bound to character. The devs recently made it bound to account. The ones I received were before this change and are thus bound to character.
  • chaosweaver83chaosweaver83 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    I have acquired 4 in the past week or so, including one today. I have no need for them. Sucks they are bound, but not totally worthless. Put unwanted refinement into them and rank them up to epic status, then use it during a double refinement into another union artifact.

They are releasing it as a drop in an upcoming lockbox, btw.
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    lirithiel said:

I absolutely love the Lathander set as a pure pve player. The immunity to injuries (from more than just death btw) is pure win - I don't and probably won't ever have VIP rank 7. I do have a greater Soulforged though.

I suppose I have been lucky with Eye drops from DR lairs, which I do every single day on three toons for the last two years. I have only managed to get one BoA Eye so far. Still sitting with a character-bound Eye on an alt that will be using it for RP come Tuesday.

The fact that the Eye is now BoA should make it easier to get on the toon that needs it, but then NW RNG is notoriously fickle. There MUST be another way to obtain it given that it is part of a selective few artifact sets and the most difficult to complete.

I'd love to see Lathander set and the others, buffed to match eLoL set.
    Example:

Lathander set resurrects you out of soulforged, with a 90s cooldown from the last resurrection (soulforged included). Has priority over Soulforged. Means a Lath user can go for a different enchant OR have soulforged to boost it (75s cooldown+added healing). On top of it: upon resurrection the user and his party get 50% DR on a separate layer, for 5 seconds.
    Happy update!!

The Eye of Lathander is now available on the AH.

They added artifacts to part of the potential drops with the New Life Lockboxes. While I'm sure I could have gotten it for less had I waited, I happily paid the 173k AD for one on the AH.

THANK YOU, DEVS!
    header.png
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    I think all the artifact sets(green level), and all parts of them, should be available on the trade bar store. This would give people another alternative to get them, and would be a money generator. Then have blue or purple level drop in the game, so it gives a better incentive to still run the content.
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    clonkyo1 said:

Devs, no offense, but i am tired of farming DR and not getting the bloody Eye from the lair's coffer even while im using star metal gauntlets... Mind if you put it on tarmalune bar trade shop even if it costs 2k bars? I want to try some builds around it but cant because of that low loot rate.

no it should not they need to add it in dr store for dr currency
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

Happy update!!

The Eye of Lathander is now available on the AH.

They added artifacts to part of the potential drops with the New Life Lockboxes. While I'm sure I could have gotten it for less had I waited, I happily paid the 173k AD for one on the AH.

THANK YOU, DEVS!

Emblem of the Seldarine got added too. Went for ~1.5-2 million AD to 175k lol.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    This is great to hear. Did PC ever have issues with removing the Eye from the end chest of the Lair Quest like Xbox did? There are no buttons to prompt when it appears on screen as a obtainable loot and unless the players "knows" to hit X the artifact is lost. I know a few other tanks in my guild whom have never seen an Eye and would love this opportunity to obtain one. I myself love this set, I have been running since the launch of Elemental Evil and have never thought twice about it.
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    zman81420 said:

Did PC ever have issues with removing the Eye from the end chest of the Lair Quest like Xbox did?

We didn't have that specific bug because using a wrong command when looting just does nothing, but we had some different ones (coffer shows you someone else's loot; only one person gets loot when multiple people interact at once).

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia