test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bonding Stone Percentages

mercedesmanmercedesman Member Posts: 200 Arc User
I am a bit confused on this, the tool tip for the R11 and R12 Bonding Stones state 65% of companions stats ,but I have read elsewhere that the numbers are actually higher than the tooltip states. Is this actually the case?.

Comments

• Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    DEVs should have never made higher ranks beyond perfect. The power creep is so stupid now you have players Like Lazalia soloing T2s. Nearly 300% stat boost.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    the issue here is the double procing after reset.

Its the most insane boost in game.

It shouldve been fixed by now.. but most people dont want to discuss it.. just the "oh no, its supposed to do that"

Well its not, it shouldnt be and its giving way too much value to the bonding stones.

No one should be getting that much stat boost.

• Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Just imagine, 300-500% boost, slap on rank 12 LS darks in defense slots. 2100 becomes 6000-10000 LS from a companion alone.
  • Options
    blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User

Why? Why should they dont get taht much boost? What is the problem with it?
  • Options
    mrshabokmrshabok Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    So the issue is that if you're maxed out with BiS then you're too powerful? That seems like a silly thing to complain about to me. Power creep I agree with but it can be found elsewhere than just those who have maxed gear. If you didn't get crazy powerful from the best everything then what's the point of trying?
    3.5k HB Temptation -- Dread Legion
    Xbox GT -- Mr Shabok
    My Guide
  • Options
    umscheumsche Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 461 Arc User
    Still, no one has answered the original question yet.
  • Options
    blinxon said:

Why? Why should they dont get taht much boost? What is the problem with it?
    Because the double stat from the reset of the bonding stones, seems like 100% a glitch in the game.

They should have a internal timer, so regardless if you pet dies and respawns , there should be NO way for the effect to double itself on the same stones.

thats why.

Im ok with the rest of it, but that clearly wasnt a intended practice and its happening..

• Options
    edited December 2015

Allow only one Bonding Stone per pet. That seems fair.

Yeah, back to everyone using a ioun stone, that would add diversity to the game...

How about no?

Still no answer to the original question...
  • Options
    umsche said:

Still, no one has answered the original question yet.

we did.. it DOES exactly that.. until the reset glitch happens, then you get double on top of that.. or up to double on top of that.. which is where alot of these spike damages are coming from.

its the biggest boost in game, which is why people are also flocking to it.

even without the glitch, its still better for the most part then augments now, its not something Ive been keen on jumping on though.. been hoping they fix the glitch and bondings go down first.

• Options
    So a lvl 11 stone gives 80% and a lvl 12 gives 95% ?
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    umsche said:

As I undertand it, they give the stats, they should give, but if the companion dies, the cooldown of the stones resets. This results in double procs. 2x 65% will result in 4x 65%=260% stats.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    asterotg said:

umsche said:

As I undertand it, they give the stats, they should give, but if the companion dies, the cooldown of the stones resets. This results in double procs. 2x 65% will result in 4x 65%=260% stats.
    That's contradictory with what @silverkelt just said.

The cooldown reset part is not what OP was asking, we all know it resets when the pet dies.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    R11 gives 80%. R12 gives 95%. They each stack, so you can get a 285% boost. Then the companion swoons, the cooldowns reset. So if you have stacks, there's a chance that the runestones will proc again, adding to the stacks. So in a pitched battle, especially if you have a Lliara's Bell, it's not uncommon to get 4-6 stacks.

Anyway it does need to be investigated. It's one of my top 3 things that's making the PvE content way easier than Cryptic likely intended...granted I'm a huge fan of Bonding Runestones and one of, if not the first, players to advocate for using an active companion over an augment...but it's got a little out of control now.

I've been turning over a few things in my head to suggest as a "fix", but haven't really come up with anything simple, but fair.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    Thanks to everyone for the discussion. I, like many others, have spent tons of $$$ in the game and I wanted to try to clear up the stats deal before I sink money into raising my Perfect Bondings to R12's.
  • Options

R11 gives 80%. R12 gives 95%. They each stack, so you can get a 285% boost. Then the companion swoons, the cooldowns reset. So if you have stacks, there's a chance that the runestones will proc again, adding to the stacks. So in a pitched battle, especially if you have a Lliara's Bell, it's not uncommon to get 4-6 stacks.

Anyway it does need to be investigated. It's one of my top 3 things that's making the PvE content way easier than Cryptic likely intended...granted I'm a huge fan of Bonding Runestones and one of, if not the first, players to advocate for using an active companion over an augment...but it's got a little out of control now.

I've been turning over a few things in my head to suggest as a "fix", but haven't really come up with anything simple, but fair.

What would be fair is to simply put a cool-down on every stone.. once it procs it will not reset no matter what until timer goes off, you can STILL recall your pet with a bell, but its not going to cast that extra source of stats.

Clearly this was never intended.

Thusly, its ALSO making things seem a bit easier then it should.

I have no argument against the rest of it remaining, but this would put it fairly more in line with what "should" be capable.

Frankly this is the biggest and most broken item in game..

yet alot of people dont want to discuss it, because it would be a major blow to thier dps stats and spike damages.

plus they spend a fortune in all likely-hood to get them.

• Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

I disagree that its making content easier then intended, by the time you can afford 3 bonding runestones r10 or higher, content is already too easy for you anyhow.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    you are all talking like the companions get insta 3 stacks,
    always dies with 3 stacks and always reaches 6 stacks after that.

most of the fight is with 1-2 stacks, you cannot decide when he has to die... in elol he will wip probably 2 times and most of the time with 0-1 stack.

the bell itself has 2 minutes cooldown.

lazalia did what he did because its class is broken in pve, bondings were only a help.
    go do the same with a tr/hr/gf/cw.

to the op yes rank 11 gives 15% more and so on

EDIT: every cooldown resets after death. Try for example drowned weapons with a soulforged. Its a way bigger engine problem
  • Options
    I will agree, its a issue , but it maybe not the issue.

I just want to see it normalized, no more insta spike damages and yes it happens more often then that raydan, people can get a melee pet , it dies way more often and there are some good options as @thefabricant showed people recently.

You get one of those, they die often, you can use your bell or they pop.

I know of a few people who can get 4-5 stacks almost all the time at boss fights..

Maybe just do this .. simply limit it to 3 stacks total..

regardless if it procs or not.

seems like a simple solution to me.. just prevents the outrageous spikes of damages happening.

• Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    This double and triple proc., spending 285% and sometimes 380% or 475% of stats, sure has to be considered as broken.
    Having a companion wich spends the double of stats as any augment, up to 4 or 5 times more doesn´t make any sense.
    As allways you will find the same ppl defend broken things, as allways, we all know it´s broken.
    You meet GWF with incredible stats, more or less soloing phase 3 in edemo, having insane power and other stats, tanking the boss and all adds, and the key to do so is using these stones on a maxed companion.
    It´s a beta version of a game I would say and bugs or broken stuff doesn´t get fixed in a "normal" period of time, all delayed for year(s).
  • Options
    kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    umsche said:

Correct
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • Options
    tantrumusmaximustantrumusmaximus Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    kemi1984 said:

umsche said:

Correct
    Thanks OP for the question and thanks for the response to that question because I also stopped at "Perfect" because I was under the impression 65% was the highest it got because the tooltips didnt say anything different.

• Options
    I went on and leveled to R12.. Very happy I did... Again, thanks all.
  • Options
    amafia313amafia313 Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Always good learning when reading about bonding stones
    Post edited by amafia313 on
  • Options
    solerrosolerro Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    If they left them maxed at 65% and prevented death glitching to keep stacks maxed at 3x, it would still be on par or better than ioun stones "most of the time", as you would also get the benefit of whatever active pet abilities were used as well making it a situational choice vs. the "if you are dps never use an ioun stone period" scenario that it currently is.

I think most people will agree that it's a relative breeze to keep at least 2x stacks up in most cases without needing an exotic pet. 2x stacks of 65% is still better than ioun stone, just not MASSIVELY better. 3x stacks at 65% is head and shoulders better. I find it hard to justify why we should have more than that as it trivializes all alternative paths.

Typically, trivializing an option isn't a good thing. /shrug
  • Options
    flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    All the assumption on the stacks are lack of data support. The truth is that stat fluctuation is not a good thing, for example armor Penetration, if you keep cap at 60%, all the bonus stat from companion gift is a waste. Most BIS player uses rank 12 bonding stones, and they feel the big boost of dps. How big is it? It depends on the pets. Not all the players have the ideal pets. You see it is two separate things. Have three rank 10+ bonding stones is one thing, and have an ideal (OP) pets is another thing. The cost of each is a lot more than an ioun stone. So summoning companions have better potential if you set them up properly, which is reasonable. If some pet are OP, what should be adjusted is pets not bonding stone.
    I do think companion gift should have maxed 3 stacks. For the percent from rank 11 and rank 12, I would suggest to fix the tool tip for now.
    Post edited by flyingleon on

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • Options
    kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
    all my characters have Ioun Stone of Radiance. After reading this thread am I to understand they would be better off not using the Augment anymore, and instead use a regular companion that has three bonding stones? Also, is it ok to just put the bonding stones in the Ioun Stone?
  • Options
    jacksoonjacksoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 332 Arc User
    A good solution could be to let only 1 stone proc the bonus, otherwise the augment pet are 100% deth. Useless pet if the bonding "help" will stay like this. If 1 player can do a 5 man DUNGEON alone, there something wrong in the game. This is a MMORPG (Massive(ly) Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game) so it's supposed to do the contents with other player... not alone...