test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What in the world! Did you seriously bind the gift drops!

omgudied2omgudied2 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
edited December 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Did you seriously bind half the gift drops???? I paid $50 got 50x gifts opened them up at a 50x gift party to see half my stuff is bound? what are you guys doing? why would you bind 3 redcap companions and 2 wolf mounts??? What are you guys smoking, I mean its a lottery if I win a big prize it should not be bound.... I say half the gifts because I have 2 bound redcaps comp. and 2 unbound??????
A LONG TIME AGO... YADA YADA YADA DARTH VADER... JEDI
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Did you buy your Zen through Steam? If so, it puts your account on probation until the payment transfers from Steam to PWE, and anything you buy from the Zen store becomes bound.

Any parcels that drop from the lanterns reward bound items.

EDIT: Also, some of the stuff shares the original binding properties. Thinks like retraining tokens are BoA, as are a lot of the old CTA rewards. Some of the things, like some of the pets and mounts should still be BoE.
    Post edited by ironzerg79 on
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    If you buy the Starlight Parcel with Zen directly, or use a voucher, the items dropped from that are not bound (received directly upon opening the parcel). If you picked up a parcel or item from being in a party and someone opening the gift, that stuff will be bound.

This is consistent with how it was last year. Yes, it sucks when you get repeats of existing gifts and can't do anything with them...I believe last year it was suggested that pets have a refinement value or be able to be turned in for Companion Tokens....but obviously you know where that went.
  • Options
    omgudied2omgudied2 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    WOW! no all my gifts were purchased through the gateway with orc checkout... but I did get gifts from gifts.... HAMSTER!!!!!!! :( really!!!!
    A LONG TIME AGO... YADA YADA YADA DARTH VADER... JEDI
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    Think about it: your friend gives you a gift, and you're surprised it's meant for only you?

Yes it sucks if you get multiple copies of the same pet -- or get a cool pet bound on a leadership alt -- but by design the items dropped from gift parties are character-bound.

Run gift parties with that in mind.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

Think about it: your friend gives you a gift, and you're surprised it's meant for only you?

I still think account-bound would be more reasonable. Most friends would understand wanting to be able to exchange or regift an item that's amazing but... "Um, I've already got one".

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    You saying people with a few useless alts will have HAMSTER perma bound to them this year? If that's so then good job ruining the event...
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    very bad for players, no choice but to "THROW AWAY". this is dirty business tactic, very rude, not even old Grinch didnt even like it too.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    I don't think you guys understand. The gifts you BUY have normal binding properties.

The free parcels you might get from the "gift parties" bind to your character.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    ghoulz66 said:

You saying people with a few useless alts will have HAMSTER perma bound to them this year? If that's so then good job ruining the event...

This was the same last year, so they didn't "ruin" the event this year.

To avoid binding good stuff to your leadership alts, have them "use" their gifts in a gift party with others who want the gifts, then switch to your good character before others in the party use their gifts. If you are doing this with guild mates, it's not too hard to rotate through "useless" alts and active characters.

Edit: And I agree that account-bound would make life easier, but this is free stuff so I'm not going to complain.

• Options
    jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    There are Starlight parcels, and Starlight bags. Opening either counts towards the total number of gifts you have opened.

Starlight parcels are purchased from Zen store, you get a coupon to get one for free everyday, and the rewards are not bound. That's very generous to the players already, I don't know how people can still complain with this.

Starlight bags are received randomly when party members use Gift of Simrils, the rewards from these are character bound so people can't exploit this and get tons of top items to sell.
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

If you buy the Starlight Parcel with Zen directly, or use a voucher, the items dropped from that are not bound (received directly upon opening the parcel). If you picked up a parcel or item from being in a party and someone opening the gift, that stuff will be bound.

This is consistent with how it was last year. Yes, it sucks when you get repeats of existing gifts and can't do anything with them...I believe last year it was suggested that pets have a refinement value or be able to be turned in for Companion Tokens....but obviously you know where that went.

I've gotten some companions and mounts from the parcels and the only one that was bound was the retraining token. Like the OP, I"ve opened 50=60 of them. I'm not sure about the CTA transmutes.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    or.. just have my luck on rng.. you wont even get a chance to throw away a blue pet you dont even need =P.