test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to transmute Ensorcelled Mulhorand Cloak

viperdvmanviperdvman Member Posts: 14 Arc User
I just got me an Ensorcelled Mulhorand Cloak for my GWF, but I am unable to transmute it at all, not to any of my free appearance change items nor any of my previous cloaks. I did discover that the Ensorcelled Mulhorand Cloak is now account bound instead of character bound. That's really nice and all, but if it's breaking appearance change, the ability to transmute it, then what for?

I really don't like the look of the cloak since it doesn't go well with my Ceremonial armors that I had gotten during the last Anniversary event. I'd like to be able to transmute this cloak, but alas, I might have to wait for an artifact cloak. Is this a new bug with the Ensorcelled Mulhorand Cloak?

Comments

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Enough people complained about managing to make their account bound Xvim stuff character bound through the magic of transmuting it with character bound items that the devs simply disabled the ability to do so.

Preemptively prevented here. Working as intended.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    eightcatseightcats Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    I have the same problem
  • Options
    eightcats said:

I have the same problem

The same answer applies. It's not a bug.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    skippylivesskippylives Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    so the fix to transmuting something causing it to change to bound character was to stop allowing transmutation?

wow. nice. smh
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Any time you use a character-bound item to skin something, the end product will also be bound to character, and it's not a binding behavior they want to change. Using an account-bound skin will bind the item to account. Unbound skin won't bind at all.

Believe me, there were a lot of complaints about "why my Xvim cloak bound wtf?" Adding warning dialogues might have been a more elegant solution, but this was definitely the easy way of dealing with it.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    skippylivesskippylives Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    or just have the binding stay with the original item and not the item used to transmute. there is no reason that has to transfer.

i am sure just not having transmutation at all is "easier" - just turn the whole thing off. but it can't be that hard to just not copy that property over.
  • Options
    See the part about transfer of bind status being intentional.

Back in early days, transmuting items did retain the status of the base item. This resulted in people selling copies of their account-unlocked fashion items from packs (transmuted onto peasant clothing) and various limited code redeemed items (transmuted onto Lliira or Sunite headwear). It was kept pretty under wraps until the first Midsummer event when people discovered it was possible to make a permanent shirt out of the temporary one in this manner. This was purposely patched out. They're not going to change it back.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    During Transmutation, we aren't sure that the Transmute item isn't the one that 'becomes' the item. To explain:
    Item A is an unbound helm. Item B is a character bound crown.

We want Item A to look like Item B but keep all the stat properties of Item A.
    What 'may' happen is that Item B copies over to itself all of the stat properties of Item A, then destroys Item A and supplants Item A on the Character Sheet. This would explain the keeping of the bound-ness.
  • Options
    litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    We used to have the same issue with Enchants. Maybe we can look back and see if it worked a certain way back then.
  • Options
    viperdvmanviperdvman Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    It does suck. Ensorcelled Mulhorand Cloak is the one of the best neck armor you can equip on your character outside of Artifact Cloaks. I'd like to be able to transmute them again sometime for my <70 characters.