test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crash on startup

sanchynasanchyna Member Posts: 4 Arc User
Installed Neverwinter today. Played it before with no problems, but now it crashes on the loading screen. None of the fixes I found on the net seems to do anything. Any ideas?

Comments

• fullmetalpanic32fullmetalpanic32 Member Posts: 1 New User
    having the same issue myself
  • firebeast12firebeast12 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am running into this same issue I hope there is a answer for this soon because I downloaded the game yesterday on the 12 and tried playing it today and my friend has tried to. She also installed the game yesterday. Both of us can not load the game up it starts loading then freezes.
  • shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User
    I've never had an issue like this, but today for the first time I can't get into the game. It gets to the black screen with the word CRYPTIC on it and freezes.
    Kianni Ravenmoon and Izyana Sol'Eetah

• djoulzdjoulz Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    same issue are all of you using windows 10 also?
  • rincon19rincon19 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    Me too, I played earlier today fine but then about an hour ago I logged on and crashed at the Cryptic screen.
  • treetrunkofunktreetrunkofunk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Same issue here. Either get stuck on the Cryptic loading screen or can log a toon, but game crashes straight away.
  • treetrunkofunktreetrunkofunk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Yup, Windows 10 for me.
  • djoulzdjoulz Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    try now guys seems they did a quick patch im personally in hope u guys are too
  • drartwhodentdrartwhodent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 305 Arc User
    Windows 10 laptop.
    I was in fine earlier today but now the game freezes at the black screen with the white 'Cryptic' name.
    Does not even start the loading bar on the bottom.
    Please fix this!
    DON'T
    PANIC!
  • sneerottsneerott Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same for me, running windows 7 though.

Launching Neverwinter.exe gets me stuck on the Cryptic loading screen.
    Launching Gameclient.exe gets me to the game login but fails to log in, every time.
  • ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Same problem here. Everything was fine today till around 10pm my time, then all of a sudden i'm experiencing the same problem without any reason.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aphrateeaphratee Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same here, windows 7 login problems for maybe the last hour or so.
  • pjz99pjz99 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    I too have this problem, windows XP :confused:
  • ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    The issue is solved now. Apparently this was just a minor problem with the server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    This issue should be fixed now. Please let me know if it is still happening.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • throken#6821 throken Member Posts: 4 New User
    Same here, AMD gfx card, had to start in safe mode, then once in game, go to options and change directx to 9 instead of auto, the amd drivers don't like directx11 or something.
  • belladornbelladorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User
    Same problem. Began on 12/14/15. Still happening. Only difference vs others is I get passed the Cryptic screen the the NW screen, then the progam shuts down. I tried completely uninstalling the program (including running Ccleaner after uninstall), then reinstalled it. That time it got to the NW screen turned black and froze. Manually shut program down, rebooted the PC, tried to login again and I'm back to shutting down at NW screen. Running Windows 10. Oddly it's just my PC. My laptop runs NW fine (also WIndows 10).
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    @belladorn Can you please try putting -d3d9 in the command line of the launcher, close the launcher, then reopen it? Sometimes there's a problem with different versions of DirectX, and that will make sure that it's loading into DirectX 9 instead of possibly 11. Please let me know if this still doesn't work.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • belladornbelladorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User
    And, magically, everything works. It also explains the problems I'd been having previously. Well done. Thank you!
  • ebonrose#2513 ebonrose Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited December 2015
    Not sure if this is the same issue, but downloaded today and got the "gameclient.exe has stopped working" error on the title screen (after loading).
    Tried the launcher "safe mode" and "force verify" options, now the game is re-downloading the entire 7 GB patch it downloaded this morning when I installed for the first time...
    Is that normal?

Edit: Win7
  • nankuraznankuraz Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    i'm having the same problem

AMD FX 8320
    AMD GFX R9 270
    Latest Drivers
    Windows 10
    Stable system, no interference from software or antivirus software , ive checked

The problem is on Neverwinter's end, their seems to be something causing the crash during the game loading process initially

EDIT: i tried putting -d3d9 into the command line options in the launcher and it fixed the problem, the game is now loading without an issue, the problem is DX11 related and the game defaults to load DX11 but has a clear issue

This also seems to be causing a performance issue, especially in town im having really poor performance and my system is solid, well looked after and new
    Post edited by nankuraz on
  • masterofthedeadmasterofthedead Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    sanchyna said:

Installed Neverwinter today. Played it before with no problems, but now it crashes on the loading screen. None of the fixes I found on the net seems to do anything. Any ideas?

same issue here
  • garydeen21garydeen21 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7 Arc User
    Having same problem, tried everything execpt the fix kreatyve said. I am not a genius when it comes to comps. have no idea how to do that.
  • webchef72webchef72 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    roll back your video driver to previous version(im sure you've updated recently then this started happening).. thats only thing that fixed mine... fyi I also have amd r9 200 series video card that just updated the driver
  • sanchynasanchyna Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Nothing helped, no patch or fix - the only thing that stopped the crashing was to eventually set the game to the lowest settings, and lower the resolution to 800x600. It certainly isn't the graphics card that's not handling higher resolutions, so I'm guessing that the higher settings are more for decoration, and don't actually work properly.
    To be honest, I didn't notice a difference between the higher and lower settings, so I guess that's okay....lol
  • xikodocoutoxikodocouto Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Jogo pela Steam. Clico em jogar e a janela diz "Carregando, Por favor espere" eternamente e nada acontece. Ninguém da Arc assumiu o erro por meio de nota oficial, dizendo que "estamos consertando" ou algo do tipo?
  • bkt5789bkt5789 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    I'm having the same problem. I cant get it to work either with arc or steam.
  • nazmax#1223 nazmax Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Mine is freezing after cryptic screen with an nvidia error message saying display driver has stopped. This happens to no other games. Tried running as admin, safe mode, adding trsdelay registry to graphics driver, tried updating graphics driver, tried reverting to original driver. Dang game just won't budge after the display driver message and I am running a pretty tough pc with 600 series nvidia graphics and 20gb ram with amd fx-4300 3.8ghz. I think the problem is in windows 10, any ideas?
  • tobiilerone#9612 tobiilerone Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same here, just downloaded today but can't try the game out. Hangs at the loading screen. How do I put the d3d9 in ?
  • duszol#5038 duszol Member Posts: 1 New User
    I can't launch the game, it freezes on loading screen. Windows 10.