test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Demonic Closure in Dread Ring is griefable

two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
The Demonic Closure heroic encounter in the Dread Ring can be griefed using knockbacks, causing the encounter to despawn without either a success or failure.

To replicate:
1. Take a Control Wizard with Repel (or some other class with a knockback) to the heroic encounter.
2. When a demon spawns from one of the eastern rifts, knock it over the ledge into the quarry.
3. Repeat until the entire heroic encounter disappears.

Observed result:
1. The encounter disappears.
2. Other players tried to complete the heroic encounter, but one griefer was able to ruin it.

Expected result:
1. The demon should drag the griefer to the Abyss.
2. Other players can then complete the heroic encounter (or fail, but it's in their hands).
Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.

Comments

• Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    Yet you haven't even begun to realize just how much more griefable demonic escape is in literally every zone...
  • Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    zibadawa said:

Yet you haven't even begun to realize just how much more griefable demonic escape is in literally every zone...

Honestly, I think all the demonic HEs are griefable. Someone broke (possibly unintentionally) a Demonic Slaughter that I was in today. This is just a specific reproducible example.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options
    tanadas1977tanadas1977 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User
    Just get a GF with Knight Valor, Enhanced Mark and Enforced Threat to stand in the middle of the Portal and draw aggro from all Demons spawning. The red line will be full in 30 - 40 seconds and the Encounter Fails. .... Why somebody would do that is beyond my Imagination, but i have seen it multiple times in WoD ...

greetings
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

Just get a GF with Knight Valor, Enhanced Mark and Enforced Threat to stand in the middle of the Portal and draw aggro from all Demons spawning. The red line will be full in 30 - 40 seconds and the Encounter Fails. .... Why somebody would do that is beyond my Imagination, but i have seen it multiple times in WoD ...

greetings

"Why" is actually fairly obvious, if you think about it. Escape is the only HE that can't be speeded up by doing well at it. Doing it legit, you are stuck there for the duration, and somewhat subject to the whimsy of failing at the hands of others even after giving it your best effort, which is up to five minutes wasted.

In the name of getting through more encounters more quickly, I'd actually expect some people would make it fail intentionally as fast as possible so that one of the other two can spawn, which can be rushed to faster completions. Do that every time Escape comes up and you'd probably get in far more encounters per hour than by letting it play out.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User

"Why" is actually fairly obvious, if you think about it. Escape is the only HE that can't be speeded up by doing well at it. Doing it legit, you are stuck there for the duration, and somewhat subject to the whimsy of failing at the hands of others even after giving it your best effort, which is up to five minutes wasted.

In the name of getting through more encounters more quickly, I'd actually expect some people would make it fail intentionally as fast as possible so that one of the other two can spawn, which can be rushed to faster completions. Do that every time Escape comes up and you'd probably get in far more encounters per hour than by letting it play out.

Probably only true if you have a dedicated Escape Failer just sitting there waiting for it to spawn.