test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lets discuss influence.. how we achieve it.

silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
edited December 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
Farming daily influence, has become such a chore , I truly believe some tweaks, could really help us out here. ITS already capped, so why not give us some MORE options on how to attain them. One of the things upon FIRST doing strongholds, I could already tell , this really wasn't implemented correctly, are we supposed to be doing this for over a year? Boring guys! Come on , throw us a bone or two! EXPAND how we get influence please.

What is your thoughts?

Lets discuss influence.. how we achieve it. 44 votes

Leave it as is.. I prefer to get it on the strongholds map and just farm the minor hes.
11%
hmdq#4491rickcase276grimahtebancisnerosdumdragon 5 votes
Add it to ALL demonic encounters, throw us a bone here guys, while we are farming for freezies, we could also earn the daily.
11%
hyakusekaiumscheshadw2012baronstragenalpehansz 5 votes
Add it to any QUEST line we are asked to do for strongholds, including daily dungeons, daily support, daily whatever..
27%
vonne350sorce#8115santralafaxsilverkeltdefiantone99arcofortep12darkstarcrashmstrssihramvekkemi1984ultradd#1718veywiil#8685 12 votes
Add it to dragonflight, come on let us at least get something for slaying the dragons.
11%
ayrouxtundrrabloomulviellirithiellinaduin 5 votes
ADD it to ANY level 70 HE, it brings way more value in doing them on any map.
22%
kolatmastersuicidalgodotazlandrcloudius1978callofkutulucambo1682loexwellallself44twoedge1mahburg 10 votes
Whats influence?
15%
sockmunkeyurabaskarabaturclericaliststeviefischervida44rapo973 7 votes

Comments

• ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Your poll is messed up. It doesn't include "ALL OF THE ABOVE" because that's the correct answer. :D

Ultimately virtually any activity a guild member is doing should earn some sort of influence reward.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    ADD it to ANY level 70 HE, it brings way more value in doing them on any map.
    ...add it to all HEs IMHO. This saves us one tedious bit of the daily infiniGrind(TM) which doesn't yield anything else of too much use (apart from the occasional DH/FB drops).

Honestly, beautiful as the SH map is, criss-crossing it on a daily basis to grind influence HEs has totally worn down the joy... ...now it's only boring same-ol'-same-ol', force-fed, boooooooooring, extended use of HorseSimulator(TM).

You know when I enjoyed NW the most? During Mod 4/5 when I'd been through with my chars' Campaignistan tours, and only had to gather RP to get the gear up - and DH/FB still worked all right, and I could grind my RP wherever, and whenever. Those were the days, my friends - play what you want, and get what you need...

Alternatively and/or additionally I'd advicate putting some Influence rewards into some Leadership tasks. That way we'd get back _some_ of it's former usefulness...

• lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Add it to dragonflight, come on let us at least get something for slaying the dragons.
    I would also like to see Demonic encounters in SH included in the mix because killing two goblins with one giant-thrown boulder is cool.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Add it to any QUEST line we are asked to do for strongholds, including daily dungeons, daily support, daily whatever..

Your poll is messed up. It doesn't include "ALL OF THE ABOVE" because that's the correct answer. :D

Ultimately virtually any activity a guild member is doing should earn some sort of influence reward.

Well all of the above, would include leaving it alone =P..

But ya, I would agree as well. Im tired of "having" to go there to get influence, there is SO much else needed to do in the game.

Its time they help us a little here.

• darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    I like the idea of any SH quest giving influence -- as long as you're working for the SH, you should be earning influence.
  • qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    Another option that was omitted is 'Do not add it to anything that is not directly guild or stronghold related'. Not everyone who plays this game is in a guild and the last thing solo players want is yet more junk taking up space in their already overflowing inventories.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

...add it to all HEs IMHO. This saves us one tedious bit of the daily infiniGrind(TM) which doesn't yield anything else of too much use (apart from the occasional DH/FB drops).

Honestly, beautiful as the SH map is, criss-crossing it on a daily basis to grind influence HEs has totally worn down the joy... ...now it's only boring same-ol'-same-ol', force-fed, boooooooooring, extended use of HorseSimulator(TM).

You know when I enjoyed NW the most? During Mod 4/5 when I'd been through with my chars' Campaignistan tours, and only had to gather RP to get the gear up - and DH/FB still worked all right, and I could grind my RP wherever, and whenever. Those were the days, my friends - play what you want, and get what you need...

Alternatively and/or additionally I'd advicate putting some Influence rewards into some Leadership tasks. That way we'd get back _some_ of it's former usefulness...

I apparently started at the tail end of 4 (I don't remember the beginning of Mod5 but I do remember Tiamat opening, my GS was still too low at the time.) Mid-mod5 was glorious. There were many ways to play the game and none of them were wrong.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Actually, I see AD requirements becoming the new Influence issue. Since we got past GH9, every upgrade has required a significant AD infusion to complete. I gave 100K AD the other day to just scratch the surface of the requirements for Barracks 2. When B2 was finally completed, it was time for Baracks 3, and the AD slobbering mimic just wanted more. More AD's, please.

Of course, if they just added refined AD to any quest, I'd have a lot less reason to complain.
    Im not talking about requirements for SH.. just that its BORING to have to go into sh to do these things the way they set it up. If you have issues with requirements, (as many of us have from time to time.. ) I would just add or start a new thread.

I think the quest line idea works the best, since NO one interested in sh would be going into it to pick them up.

Overall, they should just give us this..

MAKE the following happen.

ALL quests give 100 influence per quest.
    Demonic encounters ON any map should count, just pick up a quest to complete 5 and you get a full cap influence of the day , I think the story can be tied in nicely honestly.
    Dragonflight should = 400. Its the big GUILD event to do.. but frankly after the bomb of the SH weapons, its not that important.

What this does.. when your guild can do dragonflight, it should be rewarded for doing so, its a incentive to do it and adds something beside fangs.. which frankly are not all that important, since they removed SH weapons from us.
    When your guild is too busy, you can pick up all the quests and earn some or all of your daily influence cap of 400 by doing stuff you were already going to do (dungeons, pvp, support, sh quest map items, ect)

YOUR going to the SH and your are doing them for your SH.. however half the time, your guild coffer is full anyways on the other stuff (adventures, dungeon shards)

This would be a QOL shift change that would really promote the activity of the guild.

@strumslinger

Can you review this with your team at some point? We really could use some relief on HOW we earn the influence. Im not asking for a reduction.. just HOW we do it. It would really help us out, with everything else that is required in game.

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    If they can attach ichor to multiple activities and put a cap on it so you just stop getting it as a reward when you've earned your limit, they could do it for influence. Could even make it weekly instead of daily so that it balances out for different people's schedules.

Or add it to the possible Leadership task rewards along with AD vouchers like I suggested months ago. So many players expected to be able to afford Stronghold costs because of their capacity for Leadership, it would make it worth something to us while not adding any benefits for bots.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • vonotnavonotna Member Posts: 1 New User
    > @silverkelt said:
    > Farming daily influence, has become such a chore , I truly believe some tweaks, could really help us out here. ITS already capped, so why not give us some MORE options on how to attain them. One of the things upon FIRST doing strongholds, I could already tell , this really wasn't implemented correctly, are we supposed to be doing this for over a year? Boring guys! Come on , throw us a bone or two! EXPAND how we get influence please.
    >
    > What is your thoughts?

YES PLEASE THROW US A BONEEE !
    I would really want to see some new tweaks as soon as possible
  • ultradd#1718 ultradd Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Our guild pretty much gave up trying to level up the stronghold since people below level 70 can't contribute much and not everyone likes playing 20 toons doing each campaign zone everyday.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,377 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    At the moment, I can farm influence daily through:

1. 5 SH HE (400)
    2. 4 HE in WoD (60, not part of 400 cap) including demonic encounters in WoD.
    3. eToS (60 I think, not part of 400 cap).

I don't mind to have more varieties.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    i find those other two as meaningless, I just want more variety on achieving the cap overall.

HAVING to go into SH to do them, is burdonsome, there is enough to do in the game, then to spend that time.

Add a demonic encounter quest in SH.. give us a 100 per skirm/dd/pvp match we do.. ect. They can leave current system, so those who like that, can do it.

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,377 Arc User
    edited December 2015

i find those other two as meaningless, I just want more variety on achieving the cap overall.

HAVING to go into SH to do them, is burdonsome, there is enough to do in the game, then to spend that time.

Add a demonic encounter quest in SH.. give us a 100 per skirm/dd/pvp match we do.. ect. They can leave current system, so those who like that, can do it.

Your agenda is to reach the cap. My agenda is to get more than the cap. Raise the cap is a solution.
    You want 400 only and I want much more.
    Doing eTos could hit 3 birds in one stone. AD, SH quest, influence.
    Doing IWD (not WoD I said) HE can hit 4 birds in one stone. IWD quests, Demonic HE (Demonic currency), SH Quest, influence.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    Whats influence?
    I am my own guild, so anything SH related is of no use to me!
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User

Minimally needs to be Add it to any QUEST line we are asked to do for strongholds, AND Dragonflight but I do agree ALL of the above would be better.

Also, rather than a "daily limit" in my opinion it would be much better to provide a "weekly limit" akin to the ichors in the new campaign. This allows players to not feel like influence farming is a "daily job" but rather something they can do as some leisure on their own time...

My suggestion would be that it is added to ALL activities as described here so its not just "go farm HEs" but would be from all daily quests and ESPECIALLY dragonflight (if doing dragonflight a few times maxed the weekly influence I guarantee MANY MORE people would do this regularly).

Seems like such a simple fix that would be SUCH a HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE QoL improvement for the game.... Only allowing 400 per day and only getting it from HEs makes it feel like SUCH a painful chore when it should feel like an awesome reward!

Also, SH PVP should award a GOOD amount of influence as well! Heck if the WEEKLY cap is 3000 (400*7 rounded up) then a SH PVP vitory should give you like 400-500. A 4 clear Dragonflight should give ~500. Daily quests should ALL provide about 50-100 and HEs should provide around 100 per HE.

REWARDS the player for activity - thats the trick!