test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

ICEWIND DALE - Performance Seriously

tantrumusmaximustantrumusmaximus Member Posts: 215 Arc User
edited December 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
Can we have any update on the LAGFEST rubberband experience that is known as Icewind Dale?

Doing dailies there is just a lesson in frustration. I can't speak for everyone but I am on Comcast and have 150Mbs internet 122MBs down and 24Mbs up which is rock solid. No idea why Icewind has to be so laggy EVERY night.

I really believe it's all the overland HE zergs or some ability on X character getting used that is slamming the instance ruining performance for everyone else. I dont think it's network related at all.

Netgraph shows no real hiccups, yet there is crazy bad lag. Dread Ring is like this as well, at least that zone always has an instance you can switch to with 1 or 2 players that runs phenomenal. Can't do that in Icewind because there is only EVER one instance.... the bad one.

I would love to hear from other players on this...

Comments

• Options
    subnoctesubnocte Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    IWD and DR are usually very laggy and full of rubber banding, having to stand and wait 5+ seconds to pick something up or speak to an NPC. SH can be pretty bad too. Sharandar and WoD seem fine.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Icewind Pass was horrible well before Underdark dropped. Dread Ring has been horrible for even longer, but you can escape the interact delays by moving to a low pop instance, which you can't do in the IWD zones (not for lack of instances, but because switching is disabled).

I don't experience problems in Dwarven Valley.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    I get problems in Dwarven Valley (long waits on NPC/object interactions more frequently than serious lag), but yeah, Icewind Pass is considerably worse. And yeah, switching to an instance in DR that has 1-2 people in it removes all the lag.
  • Options
    It was actually very playable last night... must be people focused on trying to get their gear refined. LOL
  • Options
    ultradd#1718 ultradd Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Well of dragon is playable but seems to bug the game if you stay long enough in there. Side effects such as sound never playing again (your character goes deaf from being frozen over and over, realism). You can't see the ground at all. or you meet hordes of zergs who like to use their useless companions just to fry any weaker pc.
  • Options
    Maybe the changes to Paladins (which have caused absolutely massive server lag) have reduced overall game lag?
  • Options
    subnocte said:

Maybe the changes to Paladins (which have caused absolutely massive server lag) have reduced overall game lag?

I sure hope so... limiting prism to 5 targets isn't a big deal since that's all you'll ever need in a party anyhow.

• Options

subnocte said:

I sure hope so... limiting prism to 5 targets isn't a big deal since that's all you'll ever need in a party anyhow.

Lag in IWD and DR seems just as bad. DR is pretty much unplayable sometimes.
  • Options
    subnocte said:

subnocte said:

Lag in IWD and DR seems just as bad. DR is pretty much unplayable sometimes.
    Agreed. I would love it if we could hear something as in any type of response from the DEVs that this is a known issue being addressed but I haven't yet it's been like that for months on end... then add demonic HEs to the mix and it's only worse.