test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Black Dragon Ion Stone

Are we ever going to get this??? It's been on PC for quite some time....

Comments

• ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    Wait till next year. :3
  • nem3slsnem3sls Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    I asked soooo many times, never got, see how we can write got here hah, a decent answer. Don't wait for it. Anyways, Ioun stones are no longer that useful since mod 7 imho. So yeah.
    The Legendary Outlaws

maintaining HR, DC, GWF, TR, SW, CW, OP, 4 Kids and 1 wife :p Dungeon runs anyone?

Tweet me @ nem3sis_AUT
    Streaming NWXbox daily @ 7PM CEST My Twitch
    When is this for you? Worldtime Buddy

I miss you Boo :(
  • thejawlivesthejawlives Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I would LOVE to see the numbers!

Let's compare decked out Crit builds with Black Dragon Ioun (3 R12 Profane, 2 R12 Azure, and 1 R12 Dark) vs decked out Mercenary (3 R12 Bonding, 2 R12 Azure, and 1 R12 Dark) Companion.
    edited December 2015
    You decide!!

3 x R12 Azure in 3 ring slots (+700 crit) Profanes for 2,100 Crit
    3 x Profane (+700 crit) for 2,100 crit all 3 offense slots
    Total of +4,200 Crit

If you are using the Mercenary Companion from the Heirloom Pack;
    2 x R12 Azure in 2 ring slots (+700 crit) x 195% or 2,730 crit
    1 x R12 Dark in waist slot (+700 life steal) x 195% or 1,365 life steal
    3 x R12 Bonding (+840 power) or 2,520 x 195% or 4,914 power

In summary:
    Black Dragon Ioun Stone gives...

+4,200 Critical Strike

Where as...

Mercenary Companion gives...

2,730 Crit
    1,365 Life Steal
    4,914 Power
    Post edited by thejawlives on
  • yourenext2dieyourenext2die Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    john6522 said:

You will get by far more stats out of the mercanary or yeti companion from the bonding runestones than a augment can give you.

Or if you want an augment that procs the bondings, go donate to extra life before the end of December and you'll get the sentinal cube that's an augment and also procs the bondings.

New comparison. Yeti Vs Merc.
    Super Saiyan God- TR Lvl 70 (PVP)
    Unleash The Wolves- HR Lvl 70 (PVE)
    <font color="Aquamarine">"Non-Pay-To-Win"</font>
    I hunt GWF "Magik" on sight.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    john6522 said:

You will get by far more stats out of the mercanary or yeti companion from the bonding runestones than a augment can give you.

Or if you want an augment that procs the bondings, go donate to extra life before the end of December and you'll get the sentinal cube that's an augment and also procs the bondings.

This is a bug and it will be fixed. Soon.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • kriptical1kriptical1 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    How do you guys feel about the crab pet as far as proc potential?
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    john6522 said:

@kreatyve which part of my post is a bug?

The yeti and mercenary with bondings is not a bug because they aren't augment companions.

Were you referring to the sentinel gelatinous cube as a bug, because its an augment that procs bondings?

Yes, the cube is bugged. It will be fixed.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    kreatyve said:

john6522 said:

The yeti and mercenary with bondings is not a bug because they aren't augment companions.

Were you referring to the sentinel gelatinous cube as a bug, because its an augment that procs bondings?

:'(
  • bratleyraybratleyray Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Its a little heart breaking that they would "fix" the cube. Soon you say? How about fixing the hundreds of other bugs the game has that actually cause issues with playability. Instead lets fix something everyone wants/enjoys and take money from needy kids... glad being scrooge mcduck is high on your priority list. The cube works fine the way it is and is something we all wished for. Leave it be.... ioun stones are great as augments, but I'm pretty sure any one that has one has tried a bonding stone in it and hoped it would work. What does it really hurt? So we have something pc players dont... so what... do i need to list the hundreds of things they have we dont and will never get?

[The Legendary Outlaws] (Guildhall 20)

So we have something pc players dont... so what... do i need to list the hundreds of things they have we dont and will never get?

Speaking of things PC has that we don't...the topic of Black Dragon Ioun Stone.
  • amafia313amafia313 Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    @yourenext2die is the mercenary still available in the heirloom pack?
  • amafia313amafia313 Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    Its there. I see it
  • dreadkissdreadkiss Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

john6522 said:

the cube isnt a bug it actually works as intended neverwinter just isnt making any money off of it... if you "fix it" thousand are gonna ask for a refund for you rippng them off. you want to fix something fix the elven it actually is broken
    SS CW/iron vanguard GWF
    Legacy/Kevlar
    Look Good Play Good
    STREAMING NEVERWINTER DAILY 7:00PM -2:00AM TWITCH ID: MHHAVOC
    LOVE TAKING CHALLENGES COME FIND ME IN I.W.D.
  • dreadkissdreadkiss Member Posts: 544 Arc User

Its a little heart breaking that they would "fix" the cube. Soon you say? How about fixing the hundreds of other bugs the game has that actually cause issues with playability. Instead lets fix something everyone wants/enjoys and take money from needy kids... glad being scrooge mcduck is high on your priority list. The cube works fine the way it is and is something we all wished for. Leave it be.... ioun stones are great as augments, but I'm pretty sure any one that has one has tried a bonding stone in it and hoped it would work. What does it really hurt? So we have something pc players dont... so what... do i need to list the hundreds of things they have we dont and will never get?

pc has the cube as well....
    SS CW/iron vanguard GWF
    Legacy/Kevlar
    Look Good Play Good
    STREAMING NEVERWINTER DAILY 7:00PM -2:00AM TWITCH ID: MHHAVOC
    LOVE TAKING CHALLENGES COME FIND ME IN I.W.D.
  • zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User

You decide!!

3 x R12 Azure in 3 ring slots (+700 crit) Profanes for 2,100 Crit

3 x Profane (+700 crit) for 2,100 crit all 3 offense slots

Total of +4,200 Crit

If you are using the Mercenary Companion from the Heirloom Pack;

2 x R12 Azure in 2 ring slots (+700 crit) x 195% or 2,730 crit

1 x R12 Dark in waist slot (+700 life steal) x 195% or 1,365 life steal

3 x R12 Bonding (+840 power) or 2,520 x 195% or 4,914 power

In summary:

Black Dragon Ioun Stone gives...

+4,200 Critical Strike

Where as...

Mercenary Companion gives...

2,730 Crit

1,365 Life Steal

4,914 Power

Stacking companion gifts beyond 3x is also where the bonding runestones shine highest. Imagine those stats at 390% of base stats. Ungodly is what it is.
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
    john6522 said:

They are both good. People say mercenary prices more.. But my yeti at legendary has almost 40K hit points. Enough to help squishies gain enough combat advantage to do serious DPS.

Where as, the mercenary has very low health and constantly dies.

A companion dying is great for resetting the companion gift stacks. With the companion alive you can get a max of 3x companion gifts. Upon Swift resurrection you can begin stacking these gifts 4x,5x and so on. You actually want your companion to die to get the most bang for your bonding stones.

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
    This is the discussion on the PC side, worth a good read and discussed by a lot of people who have been playing the game far longer than us.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1206585/perfect-bonding-runestones-versus-ioun-stones

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • bratleyraybratleyray Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    dreadkiss said:

pc has the cube as well....
    I know they have the cube as well... I was under the assumption that it didn't proc the bonding stones thou... I was also told it was of rare value, which then started the rumor you couldn't upgrade the xbox version otherwise it would yield the same results. Which is false as well...

[The Legendary Outlaws] (Guildhall 20)

• eion311eion311 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    The PC version of the cube does not proc the bonding stones.
  • lithevalkerianlithevalkerian Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    I have to make a comment about the cube for a moment, and it is mainly focused at dreadkiss. First, I'm not trying to defend any one point of view, or come across snobbish, I'm just stating my opinion, based on fact. As someone that has participated heavily in Extra Life for 5 years now, and signed up for my 6th, this is one of the few games that i have seen a recurring bonus come from. Sure, they aren't making any money off of it like was pointed out, but they designed and implemented a companion to give away for free for a charity event. No augments (to my knowledge) except this one proc bonding runestones, so how is it not a bug?

And as for thousands of people asking for a refund, well suck it up buttercup because you didn't pay PW/ARC anything. I know a lot of people signed up for an Extra Life account and just paid the $15 themselves for the item, rather than raise beyond that or learn what it's about, but if they had, they would have found out that Extra Life is a charity and all the money raised goes to local children's hospitals.
  • kuero21kuero21 Member Posts: 454 Arc User

Are we ever going to get this??? It's been on PC for quite some time....

I checked the patch notes of underdark pc. The black dragon ioun stone should be available in the trade bar store when mod 8 launches.
    I guess the price was 1.200 trade bars
    The one I seen for new Trade Bar merchant was Black Ice Ioun Stone...not the same

...and it was 800TB