test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Zen Market Reorganization

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
We're redesigning the Zen Market in order to ease navigation and searches. Read about it here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9677853-neverwinter:-zen-market-reorganization

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Don't know anyone who had trouble in the first place. It's not like there's 100s of items to sift through. Feels like valuable time being wasted.
  • Options
    snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    psst, instead of wasting time reorganizing the zen store, why not spend that time adding more things people would like to buy from it? Like say, oh I dunno, maybe more fashions, single dye colors, you know, screen candy.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    snotty said:

psst, instead of wasting time reorganizing the zen store, why not spend that time adding more things people would like to buy from it? Like say, oh I dunno, maybe more fashions, single dye colors, you know, screen candy.

They are removing all those from the Zen store. They are all going to just be available from the Trade Bar store instead.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    scoutmasterjscoutmasterj Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 101 Arc User
    I would have added a few new things to go with the reorg. Seems like just a reorg is a let down
  • Options
    mattsacremattsacre Member Posts: 330 Arc User
    Thank god there is a zen store reorganization......
    We been clamoring for that for sure! We waste lots of valuable time sifting through the Zen store to...well.....not buy stuff. We don't buy stuff because many of the prices are out of whack....maybe it's just me, but given the way other things have been handled, I just can't bring myself to plunk down $30 for a non-account wide thing.

More importantly I have been having a real hard time getting myself to spend a dime on this game because of promises, promises and not a one met.....

Tick..tock
    AD reformations have stalled...it's been months and nothing for casual players other than L70 have been fixed in the AD department.....
    Tick..tock..
    Professions fixes, other than the much vaunted "mastercraft" HAMSTER locked behind SH that 80%+ of us will never see...what, if anything is getting done?
    Tick..tock...
    Class fixes and balances...whole class paths have been made defunct or ruined from changes made, others never even viable from day one....when is that happening again?
    Tick...tock
    The clock is still ticking on zones missing, dungeons MIA, skirmishes are vamoos? What if anything?
    Gong...Gong....
    AD sinks are still there....boons so costly that people can't access them.....crafting sinks still have AD in them (even though the materials are sufficient of enough cost)
    Tick..tock...
    Underdark Mod8 (7.5) is in....fine you did it...anything planned for someone NOT L70 or ILvl 2k? It's always nice that peeps can see a "something" from a mod even if they aren't sitting at end game. Can you plan something....anything mod wise that isn't end game? 80+% of us aren't L70.....would be nice if something wasn't all L70 added in...

Tick...tick...tickkk
    Can we get anything other than promises done, anything but a blog post (as rare as tthose are, actually explaining what is going on? Would be nice if us casual players could start playing again....before we all fade away for other MMO, can you do ANY of this ^^^.

Tick..tick...tick
    BOOM!
  • Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    Will this reorganization affect, say, the coupons that drop from the refining bags?
  • Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    Will the patch fix the broken quest from the Cleric to run the Dwarven Throne skirmish?
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    ... any chance of seeing more Class Booster Packs in the ZEN Shop with or after this change?
    Or what about Companion Packs, that are account-wide?
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Well, I think the changes made here are basically logical, and whether or not they're "needed", they actually will clarify a few things. Organizing companions according to role rather than aesthetics is sensible, gahdammit.

PS. Someone was doing code changes on the store anyway to take out the dye and fashion items.

Will this reorganization affect, say, the coupons that drop from the refining bags?

Mostly not, as they're either for specific items or categories that won't change. They might need to make different companion coupons as it sounds like the existing categories will be scrapped. I noticed that fashion and dye coupons have already been taken out of rotation.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    Well, they could just change the refinement bags coupons to
    "15-30% on all ZEN Shop items"
    that would be really something...
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    tantrumusmaximustantrumusmaximus Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    I hope they thought to rework the coupons LOL. I would hate to see coupons still referencing old organization.... 20% off beast companion etc, when that category is gone.
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Still waiting on transmutation costs to be addressed to go with the swanky changes to the view equipment tab (good job on that btw even though it took you long enough to implement. Also hoping and praying for a similar announcement on other insane AD sinks, including Cubes of Augmentation or removing the RNGesus from opening up artifact weapon powers. Couldn't care less about zen store or its reorganisation since all the cool stuff was moved to the tradebar store.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options

I hope they thought to rework the coupons LOL. I would hate to see coupons still referencing old organization.... 20% off beast companion etc, when that category is gone.

Fashion and dye coupons already ceased dropping, so I am thinking they're cognizant of the need to make sure all coupons are relevant.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

They are removing all those from the Zen store. They are all going to just be available from the Trade Bar store instead.

Honestly this change alone is completely absurd. I don't mind having fashion OPTIONS in the Trade bar store, but for it to become the only source for these is irritating. If I want something Id rather just buy it, instead of opening random boxes in the hopes of getting enough "booby-prize" currency to buy it from another source.

This will simply disincentivize me from using any fashion at all.
  • Options

kreatyve said:

Honestly this change alone is completely absurd. I don't mind having fashion OPTIONS in the Trade bar store, but for it to become the only source for these is irritating. If I want something Id rather just buy it, instead of opening random boxes in the hopes of getting enough "booby-prize" currency to buy it from another source.

This will simply disincentivize me from using any fashion at all.
    On the other hand, more of these items are hitting the auction than ever. Which I realize is still not the same thing as just slapping down ten bucks and walking away with an outfit, but I think overall they've achieved an increase in player access to fashions.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    I just hope that this reorganization precedes adding more items to the Zen store. Otherwise it's pointless. They're stripping the store of the only items people buy other than keys and providing no replacement. Yes it'll force key sales. but it'll kill all other sales.
  • Options
    endymyon#9953 endymyon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Please also consider the reorganization of the professions as well...being able to sort and have sub categories would make it so much better.
  • Options
    silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    According to the Tymora event blog, you receive bonus Favors of Tymora from certain ZEN store purchases. But, it looks like most of these items are being moved to the Tradebar store with the same update. Will the Favors come from these items if purchased in the Tradebar store instead?​​
  • Options

According to the Tymora event blog, you receive bonus Favors of Tymora from certain ZEN store purchases. But, it looks like most of these items are being moved to the Tradebar store with the same update. Will the Favors come from these items if purchased in the Tradebar store instead?​​

I was going to wait until there was a forum announcement about the event to ask the same thing. Will there be a delivery mechanic in place for these favors?

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    faremt#1257 faremt Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Big exchange items from chests, will be this year?
  • Options
    Looks like the companion discount coupons are still the same, and those haven't been updated to the new companion categories in the ZEN shop.
    Want to know why?