test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Twisted Ichors

ibarenasibarenas Member Posts: 21 Arc User
Soooooooooooooooooo when you will be able to get twisted ichors from epic demogorgon? we kinda need that to get the weapons and there s a double rp coming so i need the weapons now xD

Comments

• Options
    looomislooomis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    The patch notes will be released in a few hours, then we will know more.
    It can't be a difficult bug, can it? :)

Sidenote: Twisted weapons are always refined 2 x.
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    looomis said:

That's for refining a weapon into another weapon. Your normal RP won't be doubled.

2x RP even on January 4th is kind of rough given all the issues with Demonic Ichor. Gotta hope you'll have enough demonic ichor in time to purchase the mainhand/offhand if you can't get them to drop from epic demo.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    urabask said:

looomis said:

That's for refining a weapon into another weapon. Your normal RP won't be doubled.

2x RP even on January 4th is kind of rough given all the issues with Twisted Ichor. Gotta hope you'll have enough Twisted ichor in time to purchase the mainhand/offhand if you can't get them to drop from epic demo.
    Fixed and even though I have my Elemental MH and am happy with it, this is an issue that should have never gone live.
  • Options
    ibarenasibarenas Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    urabask said:

looomis said:

2x RP even on January 4th is kind of rough given all the issues with Demonic Ichor. Gotta hope you'll have enough demonic ichor in time to purchase the mainhand/offhand if you can't get them to drop from epic demo.
    I havent spent any demonic ichors saving for MH and OF so the problem is just the twited ichors drop
  • Options
    edited December 2015

urabask said:

looomis said:

2x RP even on January 4th is kind of rough given all the issues with Twisted Ichor. Gotta hope you'll have enough Twisted ichor in time to purchase the mainhand/offhand if you can't get them to drop from epic demo.
    Fixed and even though I have my Elemental MH and am happy with it, this is an issue that should have never gone live.
    It costs demonic ichor AND twisted ichor to buy them from the vendor. Specifically 800 demonic ichor a piece. So you've got 4-5 weeks to get 1600 Ichor if you can't get the mainhand to drop. With the bug that screwed with your Demonic Ichor cap that means some people might be a week off of being able to get both the main and offhand from the vendor for 2x RP. Twisted ichor shouldn't be a problem if you've been saving your keys.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    You can get the Twisted weapons from eDEMO Chest/Reward if your lucky enough!,
    basically you don't really need the Ichor's for it. Some of my Guild mates already have those wep.

<::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • Options
    xgrandz02 said:

You can get the Twisted weapons from eDEMO Chest/Reward if your lucky enough!,
    basically you don't really need the Ichor's for it. Some of my Guild mates already have those wep.

Isn't it only the mainhand that drops from the chest?
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Ive run 6 epics so far.. and the only thing of interest was some darn tome.. which I promptly ignored.

frankly the rub of it is this.. i do not want to run epic version until its fixed, because, If I never win them.. I do not want to run 100 now.. then a 100 later as well.

• Options
    theoddis1theoddis1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    urabask said:

It costs demonic ichor AND twisted ichor to buy them from the vendor. Specifically 800 demonic ichor a piece. So you've got 4-5 weeks to get 1600 Ichor if you can't get the mainhand to drop. With the bug that screwed with your Demonic Ichor cap that means some people might be a week off of being able to get both the main and offhand from the vendor for 2x RP. Twisted ichor shouldn't be a problem if you've been saving your keys.

you dont have to wait till 2xrp its always 2x for weapons and offhands and on 2x rp. It isnt 4x so why are you worried about 2x rp weekend?

• Options
    theoddis1 said:

urabask said:

you dont have to wait till 2xrp its always 2x for weapons and offhands and on 2x rp. It isnt 4x so why are you worried about 2x rp weekend?

This isn't true and I'm not sure why people keep saying it.

The 2x RP only applies when you refine an artifact weapon (that's at least rank 14) into another artifact weapon. You're still losing 20% RP when you do it though. So the best time to upgrade an artifact weapon is still 2x RP because you have to make up the 920k RP you lose when switching.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    theoddis1theoddis1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 353 Arc User
    urabask said:

theoddis1 said:

urabask said:

The 2x RP only applies when you refine an artifact weapon (that's at least rank 14) into another artifact weapon. You're still losing 20% RP when you do it though. So the best time to upgrade an artifact weapon is still 2x RP because you have to make up the 920k RP you lose when switching.
    isnt that what we are talking about one artifact weapon into another? it takes 35k rp to get to rank 14 but still its 2x rp for weapons so where are you coming up with 920k RP yes you lose 20% you always have even with 2x rp
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    theoddis1 said:

urabask said:

theoddis1 said:

urabask said:

isnt that what we are talking about one artifact weapon into another? it takes 35k rp to get to rank 14 but still its 2x rp for weapons so where are you coming up with 920k RP yes you lose 20% you always have even with 2x rp
    Doesn't want to walk around missing an enchant slot until the next event when they can make up the 20%, is my guess.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    mercedesmanmercedesman Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    I had both the offhand and main hand drop for me. I got the offhand first then "purchased" the main hand. The following day I got the main hand as a drop. I leveled them to lvl35 and then ate my legendary main hand and off hand into them which left only about 40k to back to legendary. They work great
  • Options
    icyclassicyclass Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    theoddis1 said:

urabask said:

theoddis1 said:

urabask said:

Using the numbers from http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Artifact_weapon
    If you have an orange weapon that you want to use to refine your brand new artifact weapon, the old one is worth 929,432 RP. You will get x2 for putting a main-hand into another main-hand and another x2 from the always-double-RP aspect, so you will now be putting 3,717,728 RP into the new artifact weapon. It takes a total of 4,645,200 RP to get to orange, so you still need to put 927,472 more RP into the new artifact weapon. Assuming you are using resonance stones, or anything other than another artifact weapon, to get those ~920k RP you will NOT get a x2 bonus for them unless it's during a double-RP event.

Now as mercedesman suggests there may be more efficient strategies than feeding the orange weapon directly into the brand new one, but I leave the math to you.
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    icyclass said:

Using the numbers from http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Artifact_weapon
    If you have an orange weapon that you want to use to refine your brand new artifact weapon, the old one is worth 929,432 RP. You will get x2 for putting a main-hand into another main-hand and another x2 from the always-double-RP aspect, so you will now be putting 3,717,728 RP into the new artifact weapon. It takes a total of 4,645,200 RP to get to orange, so you still need to put 927,472 more RP into the new artifact weapon. Assuming you are using resonance stones, or anything other than another artifact weapon, to get those ~920k RP you will NOT get a x2 bonus for them unless it's during a double-RP event.

Now as mercedesman suggests there may be more efficient strategies than feeding the orange weapon directly into the brand new one, but I leave the math to you.

I recently upgraded to a drowned weapon set and this is accurate or very, very close.