test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

sale

blueclone24blueclone24 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
edited November 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
So forgive me if i missed something like an email before today but this morning (black friday) i bought the 10 pack bundle of keys for their standard price but now (black friday night) they are 50 percent off which kinda annoys me (i may have messed something up) but i was wondering if there was something i could do or subscribe to in order to get info on sales before they happen inorder to avoid this in the future. Thanks.
PS. Please tell me if this sould be in another sections.
Post edited by blueclone24 on

Comments

• namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Sale went into effect 10AM Pacific Standard Time. Sales are usually not pre-announced. But were rumors on this forum for a while about it.
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    In the US (not wanting to assume you live here), Black Friday sales are typically not announced ahead of schedule...at least not much. Competition has caused some stores to post their deals earlier than normal lately, but usually only within a week.

NW's black friday sale has been on the calendar for a few days, but was not announced much until today.

They have a newsletter type thing, but they are very "picky" as to who they send what to.

There is likely not much you can do. Be glad it wasn't worse, like buying VIP for 6 months or an expensive pack.
  • blueclone24blueclone24 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Thx for the responses they are apreciated and i will just be more carefull in the future
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    valwryn said:

This is why they don't announce Black Friday sales.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HG2MYX4N4s

Remember, we carry Epic Weapons!!! >:)
    Yeah... that and well, nobody was buying much from the Zen store this month until today. People were able to tell the sale was working because the amount of "So-and-so got something really awesome out of this lockbox." spam. It was just crazy.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    ...they even DID announce it via the in-game calendar.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    My recommendation to you, OP, is to bookmark the main news page, and to check it before making any purchases. That being said, "Black Friday" is kind of a big deal in the US, so if you weren't aware, I suppose you can consider this something to consider for next year.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    Yes, Cyber Monday (50% off everything in Zen store) is on the calendar as well, but it doesn't show up unless you click specifically on that day.

Remember that Cryptic's events (CTAs, Zen store sales, double-XX weekends), almost always start and end at 10 am Pacific time. Translate it to your own time zone.
    I did not relize that sales were marked on the calander and thx for the responses
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I have one reservation about the organization of this sale, and I really think it should have been all weekend. As anticipated, the Zen->AD rate spiked on Friday and I sold a load of zen at 490 or so rather than the 390 or so baseline to fund my enchantment habit. I haven't tracked the rate all day today, but I did notice it was 446 at one point. I am prepared to bet it will spike again when the cyber Monday sale cuts in. I could probably have made a small amount of ADs by buying zen at its lowest price today and selling it at a higher price on Monday. A gold seller with hundreds of millions of ADs to move around however could potentially make a killing.

It was actually in the calendar a while ago then mysteriously disappeared, reappearing much closer to the event.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

I did not relize that sales were marked on the calander and thx for the responses

Only special event sales are marked on the calendar. Typically they are announced in the launcher when the sale starts and on the News blog.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    edited November 2015
    Ok Thx makes sense
    Is there a way to close or resolve this
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator

Is there a way to close or resolve this

Sure, closed. Safe travels!
This discussion has been closed.