test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

life time

nightstorm3nightstorm3 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
im a lifer in sto but not neverwinter do you still have lifetime with the monthly zen . i would like to be a lifer here too if still available?

Comments

• Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    Its not, the VIP system requires you to constantly pay into it to keep your perks. The lifetime system, like in Champions and STO, is a one time payment that grants you subscription perks forever, with no additional payments or renewals.

I dont expect Neverwinter to ever have that as an option.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    In Champions Online, at least, a Lifetime Subscription gives you access to some unique costume pieces, power combinations, (freeform power selection), and a monthly Zen stipend. I bought mine for $250 before Champions officially launched, then it went to $300 soon after. I don't know what it costs now, but for that amount, and assuming you either took advantage of the Back Friday sale or a 15% off coupon, you can get many of those things for much less - by purchasing one of the packs with an exclusive race and fashion set, you accomplish part of what you're looking for. The other part of that would be the VIP service, but that is not available in a perpetual fashion - you'd have to re-up when your time runs out.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    gwynny2gwynny2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    There isn't a lifetime option for Neverwinter, nor a sub option. I purchased 12 months of VIP when it became available, but I've been wanting a lifetime sub option for NW since I learned about the perks it gives in the other games. Especially the chat client and monthly Zen stipend.
  • Options
    gwynny2 said:

There isn't a lifetime option for Neverwinter, nor a sub option. I purchased 12 months of VIP when it became available, but I've been wanting a lifetime sub option for NW since I learned about the perks it gives in the other games. Especially the chat client and monthly Zen stipend.

Lifetime subscriptions are a good way to get a quick infusion of money, particularly when a game is at or near its launch. After a game has gotten a few years under its belt, such packages can actually cost the company money, as most of the perks granted by such packages all but dissuade spending additional money - this, IMO, is why NW never offered such a deal, and is also why they removed ADs from leadership.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
  • Options
    kisakeekisakee Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    There are packs like 'Hero of the North', 'Knight of the Feywild' and some more, which will give special and unique items like mounts, companions, enchantments and more for every of yours characters, old and new ones. I would call this a 'lifetime'.
    r9jtqurw.jpg

• Options
    kisakeekisakee Member Posts: 193 Arc User

kisakee said:

There are packs like 'Hero of the North', 'Knight of the Feywild' and some more, which will give special and unique items like mounts, companions, enchantments and more for every of yours characters, old and new ones. I would call this a 'lifetime'.

No it's not, it's a one time.
    One time purchase, life time access. That's how they work, or am i wrong? You won't get Zen every month from this, true. And it's no all in one package, true also. I guess one time is buy once, use once. But these packages got stuff for every single of your characters, over and over again. So how is this called, if not life time? Please correct me, if i'm totally misplaced.
    r9jtqurw.jpg

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2015
    If this were a subscription based game, then I'd see having a Lifetime Subscription option being a thing. This is a free-to-play game however that was never based upon a Subscription Service like Champions Online and Star Trek Online were. Both those games still have Subscription options and benefits which makes them both having a Lifetime Subscription option to be expected. For a purely free to play game, having a Lifetime Subscription option is not something I feel is needed nor something I would ever expect to see.

The closest we'd probably see is a deal on a "Lifetime VIP" which as it is already is akin to a Monthly Subscription with a "stipend" of AD (which can be converted to Zen). Just the AD is in the form of a percentage bonus to AD earned in game at various Ranks. I really don't think we need anything more along the lines of a subscription for the game than the VIP system we have now. If anything, perhaps a "Lifetime VIP" for a nominal fee.
  • Options
    I could see them selling lifetime versions of the various VIP perks, like the travel signpost, but I really can't see them selling "get an enchanted key a day forever" type of package for a 1-time fee.