test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cursed Cairns is Truly Cursed

rotnruinrotnruin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
Greetings... I was wondering if the Devs can take a look at or other players could respond to an issue I am having with the Icewind Pass quest called Cursed Cairns. You are required to consecrate three frost giant cairns and slay an undead giant. I have completed this quest a number of times, and each cairn produces an undead giant. However, you must actually kill all three to actually get credit for the undead giant, which is not what the quest says. I think someone needs to take a look and either reword the quest or give credit for even the first undead giant killed.

Comments

• Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    I submitted a bug ticket on this a few weeks ago.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    bepy1109bepy1109 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    still broken I have killed several undead giants 1 i had no help at all with the last time i got this quest it took 5 giants to kill now 2 days this is the third day in a row with out being able to close quest no matter how many undead are killed
  • Options
    torinortorinor Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Good to know I am not the only one!
  • Options
    arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    A necessary necro?
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    arabatur said:

A necessary necro?

Well, the quest does still exhibit some odd behavior with mobs not spawning exactly when expected. I've never had trouble completing it when I've decided to do so, but it's enough of a pain in the backside that I'll give it a miss unless I'm feeling frisky.

I find the occasional wandering undead frost giant one of the greatest things ever though (random encounter!). They get in your face when you're doing an HE, or suddenly gank you while you were just on the road fiddling in your bags, and I think it's hilarious.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Still relevant, so not going to kill this necro.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    This quest is also a problem if you don't do it on the day issued.
    I happened to do the 3 cairns but no skeletal giant spawned. I had to wait a long time for someone else to spawn one.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!