test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Meet With the Masquerade Master - Is This Quest Broken?

kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
All 8 of My Characters have this quest, and when I go to town and meet the guy nothing happens. The quest does not complete. There is no dialogue or anything all the guy has is a shop. Am I supposed to buy things I don't even have any currency. I tried to cancel the quest in the log but it cannot be canceled. Help!

Comments

• kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
    PS. the quest name is: Join the Masquerade
  • zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    Its over week after masquerade. NPC u should have speak with is long gone and quest path is just leading u where he should be.

U should easly get to that conclusion by yourself, its not rocket engineering...

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

Its over week after masquerade. NPC u should have speak with is long gone and quest path is just leading u where he should be.

U should easly get to that conclusion by yourself, its not rocket engineering...

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

The quest path leads directly to an NPC that sells masquerade items. If that isn't the guy i need to see then how do i get rid of the quest? it's in quest tracker on 8 characters and I want it gone.

The guy still sells stuff after the event, but the questgiver isn't there anymore. They were on the same platform however, so it makes sense it guides you there. Just abandon the quest using your journal.

i already said you cannot abandon it. the quest in the journal is greyed out, impossible to abandon
    edited November 2015

The guy still sells stuff after the event, but the questgiver isn't there anymore. They were on the same platform however, so it makes sense it guides you there. Just abandon the quest using your journal.

here is screenshot: same for all 8 characters

http://s7.postimg.org/gnuh8ptgb/quest.jpg

why the frick can't i post images?? nothing works.

• theoddis1theoddis1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I have the same thing on my alts

Post edited by theoddis1 on
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    This quest only popped up in my case from looting a pumpkin without having first met with the Masquerade Master. I never noticed it on anyone where I made a point of toddling down right away to see him to actually start the daily missions.

I suppose it ought to be made abandonable for the OCD types, since it'll be an entire year before there's a chance to clear it otherwise.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • rarbuckle79rarbuckle79 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I've got this same problem, too. The quest can't be abandoned, nor can you even get rid of it from your active quests list. Whenever you go to Protector's Enclave, it points you to nothing. Every single time.

I've got this same problem, too. The quest can't be abandoned, nor can you even get rid of it from your active quests list. Whenever you go to Protector's Enclave, it points you to nothing. Every single time.

yes its on all 8 of my characters and if they dont fix this it will stay on my screen for an entire year...
  • antifa999antifa999 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    guys , i have the same problem , any solutions so far?
  • chaosweaver83chaosweaver83 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    Same problem here. Reminds me of the quest IWD gives you upon entering the area to go talk to 3 people and get potions from each one. You can't abandon it. I don't want to do that every time I go there, especially if it's just to clear it from my quest log. All quests should be able to be abandoned.
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    I just logged in on a toon after the patch and it was auto removed - looks like the quest timed out.
This discussion has been closed.