test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So now what's the easiest T2 Dungeon?

ddem0n888ddem0n888 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
Attempted ECC a couple of times last night with two different groups, both pretty well specced and we couldn't take down Blackdagger. Not tried ToS or GWD yet but has anybody got any tips?
Guild - Excalibur

Comments

• deathbringer#1709 deathbringer Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    dub bub n haste
  • ddem0n888ddem0n888 Member Posts: 449 Arc User

dub bub n haste

This should be a pre-requisite but unfortunately I can't always get it :(
    Guild - Excalibur
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    Easiest t2 dungeon is by far etos. If you want to beat eCC without a pally, its doable, but requires a bit more thinking. I got a guide to it in my sig.
  • meliboo#4082 meliboo Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    Honestly ECC is doable as long as you take the ads out as soon as they spawn. They will one shot you, as you probably know already. My guild beats ECC regularly legit. We go in attack boss, Tank/pally stays on him and everyone else takes care of ads, then goes back to boss. Rinse and repeat. Boss seems to have billions of HP, but he will go down eventually. Just handle the ads.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

Honestly ECC is doable as long as you take the ads out as soon as they spawn. They will one shot you, as you probably know already. My guild beats ECC regularly legit. We go in attack boss, Tank/pally stays on him and everyone else takes care of ads, then goes back to boss. Rinse and repeat. Boss seems to have billions of HP, but he will go down eventually. Just handle the ads.

Boss has 82 million HP and is the boss with the least health in all t2's.
    I was being sarcastic, but thanks for an exact number lol
  • randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    The only random PUG team I saw doing ECC legit on Xbox was OP bubble (even DC is optional there).
    But, there are good news, you no longer need to complete the T2 dungeons to earn enough seals - you are now getting 10 seals for each miniboss, so you can easily run through half the dungeon again and again. See the last few comments in this thread: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1205930/running-dungeons-skirmishes-with-a-pug
    Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    eToS is the easiest of the 3.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    Thanks for the feedback. @thefabricant thanks for the ECC guide. Extremely comprehensive. The only bit that causes me hassle is when we use the barrel to dowse the flames on Blackdagger boss fight. He seems to one shot the entire group after this. I'll try to time it better next time and see how it goes.

@randomdigits . We did that when we couldn't take Blackdagger down. Ended up just running the first two bosses, quitting and loading in again. Also seem to be getting the seals every time from the Adventuring Party (second boss) which I didn't before Mod 7.

On a lighter note I completed Temple of Spider last night. A Tank and a Healer made it seems fairly easy. I think that might be my dungeon of choice for now and when we've got the right group go for Blackdagger again.

Grey Wolf Den never seems to get a mention. Not even in Chat. Any reason for this. I haven't tried it myself......
    Guild - Excalibur

Thanks. I think it's just the difference in difficulty between the two mini boss fights and the end boss. In Mod 6 all the boss fights seemed as difficult as each other, hell, even the Rotters could one shot you lol, but in Mod 7 I was probably expecting the final boss difficulty to drop, similar to the mini boss fights but it hasn't. To be honest I think they've got the Dungeon balance about right now.
    Guild - Excalibur
  • dontbeupset#8367 dontbeupset Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Ecc isn't bad as long as you prioritize ads first; when ads are down then boss. Provided your team can do that and avoid the big red flaming circles it's very do-able. Definitely not necessary to have a bubble pally and haste cleric. Any healer, any tank.
    Somehow people miss "random PUG" in my statements...
    Btw, I think the eCC drops has changed slightly in Mod 7 or I just got lucky to unlock 2 collection items in one run where previously nothing new was dropping for weeks.
  • yourenext2dieyourenext2die Member Posts: 614 Arc User

But, there are good news, you no longer need to complete the T2 dungeons to earn enough seals - you are now getting 10 seals for each miniboss, so you can easily run through half the dungeon again and again.

Oh yeah, real great news. Now people will go into a run with the mindset of never actually intending to complete the dungeon. Just simply collect from the mini bosses and when things start to become dicey they can simply bail out while leaving the rest of the group shafted out of their end game chests. Usually when people enter a T2 dungeon they do so with the intent to succeed. Now let's jump into a T2 dungeon to defeat mini bosses, collect seals, then bail out. Rinse and repeat. Sorry group. "Thumbs up"

Super Saiyan God- TR Lvl 70 (PVP)
    Unleash The Wolves- HR Lvl 70 (PVE)
    <font color="Aquamarine">"Non-Pay-To-Win"</font>
    I hunt GWF "Magik" on sight.
    ddem0n888 said:

Attempted ECC a couple of times last night with two different groups, both pretty well specced and we couldn't take down Blackdagger. Not tried ToS or GWD yet but has anybody got any tips?

ETOS for sure.

Now people will go into a run with the mindset of never actually intending to complete the dungeon.

I don't think so, but they would have this option if they decide to.
    Now there is also a lot of incentive to run dungeons more than daily if you want to get elven gear for your new characters.
    I can't speak of all epic dungeons, but e.g. in eCC you can tell very quickly - after just a few rooms - what kind of run it's going to be. I typically have to skip 1 or 2 teams before I start off with a full run. E.g. as a CW I don't usually go out with teams which have nether healer nor tank since that would usually bring a lot of agro on me and would be a waste of gold/AD.

Leaving after 2nd mini-boss. That's a good idea. Thanks.

ddem0n888 said:

dub bub n haste

This should be a pre-requisite but unfortunately I can't always get it :(
    It's only a prerequisite if you intend to stay bad at the game forever. The only reason that players are still struggling in these dungeons is because they've been completing them without actually learning how to complete them. Bubble/haste combo is basically iddqd. Sure, you beat the game... now try it without god mode.

Now that DR bug is fixed, there's absolutely no excuse for anyone to be hiding in a bubble.

Spider is the easiest, grey wolf second easiest, cragmire is the hardest.
    Hahaha. Agreed. No double bubble and haste necessary. Possibly in Mod 6 but not now. Trying Grey Wolf tonight hopefully. It's the only one I haven't done yet so looking forward to it.

Did Spider Temple last night with 2 GWF, 1 HR, 1 CW and a DC. Wasn't too bad at all.
    Guild - Excalibur
  • acridbird74acridbird74 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    I am a CW and wasn't running Spider until last night. Before Stronghold, I hadn't had much success the couple of times I ran it. I have only been doing ECC because that is where everyone was going. No one has been going to epic wolf den. It's hard to find a group. I wish more people would run it.

Almost every PUB group I was in yesterday had success all the way through Spider -- except for one, a group of three 2100 GS and me, with no healer or tank at the final boss where I spawned in. That was a trainwreck. Most of the night we were three- and four-manning it without any problems and with few downs. Three man was working with cleric OP CW combo through the dungeon, then we got more two more players. Having a good GWF or strong SW in there with buffs from CW+ OP or DC can melt through the dungeon. I don't do enough DPS to handle the spider on my own efficiently, but the right mix can handle it even if one or two people are getting carried. Having a healer or an OP helps a lot in Spider, which is no surprise. But it's definitely not too hard.

So, my vote for easiest right now is Spider. I think it's easier to do that than ECC.
    Aelwyn | SS Renegade CW | Lv 70 | ilvl 3029

Eos Sindhalyn | Annointed haste DC | Lv 70 | ilvl 2500

Lily Firegrass | buffbot Iron Vanguard GF | Lv 70 | ilvl 2685

Guild: The Misfit Toys - We are recruiting active players
  • cesar#6784 cesar Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    For the 1600 ilvl dungeons, what's the actual minimum ilvl one should be to be successful without losing the challenge? I recently levelled to 70, ilvl 1735 and I don't wanna waste time on epics if it's mission impossible.
  • deathbringer#1709 deathbringer Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    @cesar#2634 My guild and I ran our 1st 1600IL dungeon when we were all around your same IL and before the haste/bubble cheese. We had my TR, Tank, HR, CW, REAL Heals. We beat ELOL and Valindra's a few times to get gear, then beat Malabog. Then once we all had our Alliance gear we started running Spider and Wolf. Then of course the ECC cheese came about. So we ran that a few times. Now we all have our Elven Gear, some with it elemental. Others, such as myself, are rocking some Dragonflight gear....AWESOME btw.
    edited November 2015

For the 1600 ilvl dungeons, what's the actual minimum ilvl one should be to be successful without losing the challenge? I recently levelled to 70, ilvl 1735 and I don't wanna waste time on epics if it's mission impossible.

I wouldn't say there's a minimum ILevel tbh. It depends on what classes are in the group. I've run ECC with a group where the Ilvl was 2500-3500 and we wiped loads of times and didn't finish the dungeon. 4 DPS and a Tank lol.

You can't run the T2 with less than 2000 anyway but a decent group with a Healer and Tank should be OK in Lostmouth, Malabogs or Valindras. Run these a few times and use the seals of the elements to buy some gear if you haven't already. Once you've got to 2000 then you can start the T2s. Most of the T2s are simple enough until you get to the boss but the mini bosses drop equipment and seals so you can always just drop out of the dungeon after the two mini bosses. DON'T do this if everyone else in the group isn't in on it though as you'll leave them ditched in a dungeon they may want to complete.

Find a good guild/group for farming and you'll be up to 2000 in no time.

And make sure you buy the Dungeon Master book for 1 AD from the Wondrous Bazaar to get more seals (only one a day from completing the dungeon).
    Guild - Excalibur
    edited November 2015
    ddem0n888 said:

I wouldn't say there's a minimum ILevel tbh. It depends on what classes are in the group. I've run ECC with a group where the Ilvl was 2500-3500 and we wiped loads of times and didn't finish the dungeon. 4 DPS and a Tank lol.

Yea, I get you. Do you know what the problem was when you guys couldn't finish eCC?
    ddem0n888 said:

You can't run the T2 with less than 2000 anyway but a decent group with a Healer and Tank should be OK in Lostmouth, Malabogs or Valindras. Run these a few times and use the seals of the elements to buy some gear if you haven't already. Once you've got to 2000 then you can start the T2s. Most of the T2s are simple enough until you get to the boss but the mini bosses drop equipment and seals so you can always just drop out of the dungeon after the two mini bosses. DON'T do this if everyone else in the group isn't in on it though as you'll leave them ditched in a dungeon they may want to complete.

Yea, I would never do something like that. I currently do the standard dungeon just for the AD and I never leave the group behind.
    ddem0n888 said:

Find a good guild/group for farming and you'll be up to 2000 in no time.

And make sure you buy the Dungeon Master book for 1 AD from the Wondrous Bazaar to get more seals (only one a day from completing the dungeon).

Thanks, dude. I'll try and find a guild cause I currently solo; thing is I need a guild that doesn't ask for a few hours a day. Some days I can spend a good while playing, some others I don't touch it.

Yea, I get you. Do you know what the problem was when you guys couldn't finish eCC?

Just needed some heals maybe or some add control. Something like a HR or CW ideally. We were just getting overwhelmed and the Tank couldn't do it all on his own. The boss has so much HP that it takes a while to drop him so if you don't kill the adds straight away you've no chance.

Thanks, dude. I'll try and find a guild cause I currently solo; thing is I need a guild that doesn't ask for a few hours a day. Some days I can spend a good while playing, some others I don't touch it.

Yep. I solo'd for ages but if you find a good guild that uses chat you'll always find a group running something. Just try the Guild forum and explain how much you can get on. I've got a wife and a 2 year old so don't get on as much as I'd like but it's not a problem.
    Guild - Excalibur
    ddem0n888 said:

Just needed some heals maybe or some add control. Something like a HR or CW ideally. We were just getting overwhelmed and the Tank couldn't do it all on his own. The boss has so much HP that it takes a while to drop him so if you don't kill the adds straight away you've no chance.

Yep. I solo'd for ages but if you find a good guild that uses chat you'll always find a group running something. Just try the Guild forum and explain how much you can get on. I've got a wife and a 2 year old so don't get on as much as I'd like but it's not a problem.

Will do. Thanks so much for the advice!
    I just did a ETOS run a little while ago with two OP's, a DC, and two TR's spamming SB and honestly that was probably the easiest T2 run I've ever done. Not one potion was used. Very enjoyable.

I just did a ETOS run a little while ago with two OP's, a DC, and two TR's spamming SB and honestly that was probably the easiest T2 run I've ever done. Not one potion was used. Very enjoyable.

I ran ECC with two DCs, Two OPs and me as a GWF. It was too easy to be honest but I did like the result on the scoreboard at the end. I don't normally check but it was a PB for me. The 'Perfect Storm' for Most Damage Dealt for a GWF.
    Guild - Excalibur
  • thurstonhowellthurstonhowell Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Both of these are easy to do.

ECC:
    https://youtu.be/MMPD9LdeMC0
    https://youtu.be/s9TiLt3WXEo

ETOS:
    https://youtu.be/W7V8zeJG9ps

I still take a haste cleric with me for GWD.
    Bourbon - OP/GWF/SW/CW [The Legendary Outlaws]
  • lorde#3763 lorde Member Posts: 25 Arc User

Both of these are easy to do.

ECC:
    https://youtu.be/MMPD9LdeMC0
    https://youtu.be/s9TiLt3WXEo

ETOS:
    https://youtu.be/W7V8zeJG9ps

I still take a haste cleric with me for GWD.

for GWD you need two bubble pallys, a haste DC and two high DPS, thats what i found easiest
  • s4v10rxs4v10rx Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    to beat ECC legitimately is easy especially on the last boss, pally should tank the boss while the dps should attack the ads, once the dps finiish the ads, then they need to help the tank to reduce the boss hp, while a haste DC just focus on healing and spam haste for pally bubble
    Guild: Asylum
    Character:
    7thS1n---Trickster Rouge LV 70(perma-Stun build)
    7ThH3AL3R-- Devoted Cleric LV 70 (Divine Oracle Haste/DPS build)
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard
    7ThW4rL0CK-- Scrooge Warlock
    7THW4R--Great Weapon Fighter
    Still not tried GWD. No-one seems to want to run it. I'm going to try to get my guild to run it with the recommended two bubble OPs and Haste DC. Although I've been finding one OP is viable assuming they've got their AP gain up and can keep the bubble going on their own without haste.
    Guild - Excalibur