test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

3Gb patch this morning? (Answer: Nope, it's Pre-Patch Time!)

instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
edited November 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Is the Underdark Mod pre-patching? Found it odd that a seemingly random patch is being applied this morning.
header.png
"...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
Post edited by zebular on

Best Answers

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited November 2015 Answer ✓
    The pre-patching actually started last night around 6pm or 7pm Eastern, which the launcher would re-open after exiting the game just as in the past with pre-patches. If ever the launcher opens on its own after you close the game, that is a pre-patch. There was no "normal" patch this morning, or last night. A pre-patch will be larger or smaller depending on whether you had previously patched a preview server containing content that is in the pre-patch. This is because the launcher will pull files from the preview installation. As well, the displayed size of the patch is not how much it is downloading, but instead it is how much data it is processing.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    It's a long standing feature, at least for the past 2-3 Mods, that a pre-patch comes up the weekend before the launch date...

Sorry you didn't know this, no big deal really, just be ready in the future! ;)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Yep! It leads to much less patch time come patch day. :) It's not a bug - it's a feature! :D
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,044 Arc User
    edited November 2015 Answer ✓
    oliboyph said:

3gigs? I only got 1.3gb.

oliboyph said:

oh no, does that mean I'll have to download another 1.7 GB?

No idea, but do you have "on-demand patching" active in your NWO game launcher options?
    That might explain, why it's only downloading a part of this pre-patch.
    Post edited by zebular on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!

Answers

• Options
    evaliraevalira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 245 Arc User
    I would assume it was the pre-patch, yes. However, I have never had the pre-patch work! It pre-patches, then goes ahead and patches it all again on the day of release!
  • Options
    matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    Interesting, my patch was only 1,3 Gb . Odd...
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options
    That's what happened to me with Strongholds... the game "prepatched"twice, then patched the morning of the release... it was a total of ~20Gb, so I'm assuming something got overwritten.

On the plus side, this patch is going fast, so..
    header.png
  • Options
    You are wise and all-knowing, Zeb.. lol

Thank you. :-)
    header.png
  • Options
    oliboypholiboyph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 627 Arc User
    3gigs? I only got 1.3gb.
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
  • Options
    hoofithoofit Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    Zebular is it true your taking bets on the new mod going without a hitch lol (joke)
  • Options
    The pre-patch started twice (slow internet conection, and i let it run through the night...), and it's allways back to 3GB.
    First part downloaded was around 700MB, second part downloaded was around 1GB, but it's still showing 3GB again.
    Going to let it run the third time tonight, hopefully it will get the rest of this pre-patch done by tomorrow morning.
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    e5cafl0wnee5cafl0wne Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    over the past few days there have been big patches without patch notes. Is this in preparation for the UNDERDARK expansion?? If so could you let us know???
  • Options
    chaosweaver83chaosweaver83 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    Yes as far as I know it is pre-patching Underdark.
  • Options
    2.44 GB in the pre-patch folder, is that the full patch for Underdark?
    Want to know why?
  • Options
    oh no, does that mean I'll have to download another 1.7 GB?
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    yes I did, damn! Now I have the 3 gig download going, should have done this before sleeping. Thanks for info.