test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Help us test Dungeon rewards on Owlbear!

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
Hey everyone,

We're constantly looking at your feedback and thinking of more ways to incorporate you into our process. Many have stated they would love to help us test our builds before they're pushed live. In fact, there are a select few who offer help in the form of submitting detailed bug reports to get them fixed faster and with more accuracy. Preview was created for this very reason and continues to be a place for adventurers to submit bug reports, which helps us when pushing future content live.

As we all know, Dungeon rewards are currently bugged on live. We've developed a hot fix, but need your help testing it to ensure everything is working correctly. Please hop on Owlbear right now and let us know your findings on this thread. If you have access to Preview, you should have access to Owlbear, as well.

The current issues are:
- Getting an "Inventory is full" error when opening the Dungeon Chest.
- The chest displaying one item, but you receive another.

If all is good, we'll push the build after the weekend.

Thank you!

P.S. Please remember that this thread is only for Dungeon rewards. The more information the better.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    Uhm character select is blank for me on the character transfer page any ideas? Server options appear on the dropdown for mimic and owlbear, but the character select dropdown is blank.

I must have done it a few weeks ago as I transfered a copy to mimic when the underdark patch came up, but can't seem to transfer anything now at all, to either owlbear or mimic.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    zukn75 said:

Uhm character select is blank for me on the character transfer page any ideas? Server options appear on the dropdown for mimic and owlbear, but the character select dropdown is blank.

I must have done it a few weeks ago as I transfered a copy to mimic when the underdark patch came up, but can't seem to transfer anything now at all, to either owlbear or mimic.

You'll need to transfer a character to Owlbear specifically:
    http://nw.perfectworld.com/preview
    or
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/my/character/copy/nw

As well, you'll need to select Owlbear (not NeverwinterPreview) on the Launcher's Shard selection and patch it. Owlbear is separate from Mimic. I'll explain in second in a new post here.

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2015
    Posting this also in this thread to raise awareness:
    zebular said:

Welcome to NeverwinterPreview!

The NeverwinterPreview shard is a place to preview upcoming content, game and class balance changes, and other improvements to the game. By playing on Preview, you'll be able to provide invaluable feedback on what can be improved and changed before updates go to the Neverwinter live shards.

Getting set up on NeverwinterPreview (Mimic) or Owlbear* is easy! Simply follow these steps:

1. Go to http://nw.perfectworld.com/preview or http://www.arcgames.com/en/my/character/copy/nw
    2. Click the "Sign Up!" button. This makes your account Preview enabled, and allows you to select "NeverwinterPreview" and "Owlbear" as a shard in the Neverwinter launcher. Now, you'll be able to make a new character and play on NeverwinterPreview and Owlbear, or...
    3. On the next page, select one of your previously existing characters from the dropdown menu.
    4. Select Mimic or Owlbear as the destination to copy the character in the following dropdown menu.
    5. Press the Copy button.
    6. Open your Neverwinter launcher, select the NeverwinterPreview shard or Owlbear shard, and wait for your client to patch.
    7. Launch the game. If you copied your character over, you will now see it on NeverwinterPreview or Owlbear respectively. Otherwise, you will have to make a new character.
    Please note that copying a character to NeverwinterPreview and Owlbear will not affect your character on the Neverwinter live shards in any way, and certain account features (such as buying and spending Zen) are not available on NeverwinterPreview.

* What is the Difference beteween Mimic and Owlbear?
    When there is a New Module on Mimic, Owlbear is used instead for testing of patches that will be published to Dragon prior to the release of the Module in testing on Mimic. If Owlbearis available, you'll also have the option to patch that test server in the launcher, as well as be able to transfer characters there too. Mimic and Owlbear are two entirely separate testing environments and as such will each require their own patched installations.

Now go, have fun and don't forget to let us know what issues you find here in this Testing Forum! Be sure to remember to label your threads with either
    [Mimic] or [Owlbear] to show which Preview Shard the issue is on, or use any existing thread's specifically for them.

Russian & Chinese Regional Servers
    For those in Russia and China, please keep in mind that NeverwinterPreview server (also known as Mimic) is the International Preview Server. These forums you're reading right now are for the International Regional Servers, based in North America. Transferring from Drider (Russian Server) or China's Servers is not possible. You'll need to go to those region's forums and game web sites for details on their preview servers.

For clarity on the Launcher's Display of Servers:
    Neverwinter - Neverwinter = Dragon (International Live Server)
    Neverwinter - NeverwinterRU =
    Drider (Russia Regional Live Server)
    Neverwinter - NeverwinterPreview =
    Mimic (International Preview Server)
    Neverwinter - Owlbear =
    Owlbear (International Preview Server)
    Neverwinter - Lurker =
    Lurker (Russia Regional Preview Server)

The Gateway
    Also, some people seem to be confusing Live Gateway and Preview Gateway:
    Dragon Server (Live - International) Gateway: https://gateway.playneverwinter.com/
    Mimic Server (Preview - International) Gateway: https://gatewaytest.playneverwinter.com/

If you are playing in Russia or China, please go to your region's forums to find details on their Gateways specifically and partake in their Feedback threads instead. Again, these two linked Gateways are for our International Regional Servers only.

Also, for security:
    Bookmark whichever link you use. It's best to not click links to any site in which you have to log into your account that are found on the web. Also, there are no official apps for the Gateway. Any that may exist are a breach of the Terms of Service and EULA, both in existence and use. Using them may compromise your account. Report such violations to Support or a Moderator instead.

HELP! The Character Copy Drop Down shows only my first 8 Characters!?
    We are aware that the character copy page drop down for http://www.arcgames.com/en/my/character/copy/nw is not showing beyond the first 8 characters (more or less depending on your browser's font settings) in the drop down. Here is a work-around for that page element:

Press Select to show the list drop down then just hold down Tab until it selects all the character elements on the list individually, for it will go through the selections being hidden by the bottom div section. You'll then see all of your characters on the list.

Using http://nw.perfectworld.com/preview is perfectly fine to do as an alternative work-around also.
    Post edited by zebular on
  • zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Thanks Zeb, needed to hit tab.
    Edit ok well there were 2 people on the server once I'd patched through when I did a search, so obviously queuing for a dungeon was a bust. lol
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    I'll try and spread the word more. Thanks, though!

• mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    I am loading the patch for Owlbear. I will try to get in once its done.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • archangelzorak01archangelzorak01 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 324 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Just ran elol with a group of guildies on Owlbear. All members were able to get loot from both chests.

I know its not a very large sample size, and we should do more runs but its late.
    We'll do more tomorrow, so far it looks good.

*Edit* Also did an etos just now, all 5 members got loot.
    Post edited by archangelzorak01 on
    Neverwinter Module 6: The only MMO expansion in the history of MMO's to remove more content than it added.

• thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    Im busy atm, otherwise I would be there :(
    mattock13 said:

Is this for epic dungeons or normal ones also?

I'll try to do a few runs later.

As far as I know, Epic ones. Thanks!
  • saskdaddysaskdaddy Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    The issue effects ALL epic dungeons (only).

The issue is simple.... ONLY the free daily key will allow you to get the contents of the chest. Epic keys produce the error msg "inventory full". This happens in every epic dungeon, with every class, every time.
  • mobydik1969mobydik1969 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    also in skirmisch I Did esot and in the chest there was a artifact lantaren.
    I checken my inventory and I Did not get him.
    I get really sick about this.This is my second time.
    I allready sent a ticket.
    This is not functie anymore
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    saskdaddy said:

The issue effects ALL epic dungeons (only).

The issue is simple.... ONLY the free daily key will allow you to get the contents of the chest. Epic keys produce the error msg "inventory full". This happens in every epic dungeon, with every class, every time.

This isn't true on live - I've used the Epic dungeon keys and got the loot perfectly fine, then next run used an epic key and got the bug. We've also seen people on live use the Free daily key and be bugged.

My best guess is that when they tweaked the chest so that you had to select one of the item as a choice before the Accept button activated, that's when this issue occurred. Has nothing to do with the keys.
  • valynstarfirevalynstarfire Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 100 Arc User
    zebular said:

mattock13 said:

This also affects the final chest in Arcane Reservoire. It said I would recive a purple (enchantment refinement, sorry can't remember the specific name but you get the idea), but ended up with 2 blues. Yes, I know I got the equivalent and they are bound, so I didn't lose out, but I am just reporting where else the issue has come up.

zebular said:

mattock13 said:

This also affects the final chest in Arcane Reservoire. It said I would recive a purple (enchantment refinement, sorry can't remember the specific name but you get the idea), but ended up with 2 blues. Yes, I know I got the equivalent and they are bound, so I didn't lose out, but I am just reporting where else the issue has come up.
    This is a different bug entirely. The one I'm referring to is this one, the "inventory full" bug.
  • ladytaureanladytaurean Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Is there any update on this? Has the hot fix been applied?
  • abspabsp Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    That may explain both issues: you receive reward if chest without reward selection menu or same reward as displayed.
    for e.g.
    - Getting an "Inventory is full" error when opening the Dungeon Chest.
    You open the chest and see the loot as "arms aka braces"(displaying item) in selection menu, but drop should be the "body aka Surcoat"(receive item). Since you select "braces item" and not "surcoat item" you can't receive reward.
    If these types of items are the same, you will get a reward ("displaying item" = "receive item")
    - The chest displaying one item, but you receive another.
    There no selection menu, thats why you get a "receive item" even if displayed other reward

We unsuccessfully tried several times to open the and select reward, but it didn't help.
    Probably loot system do another drop roll after send "displaying item" info to client side.
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    It seems things are good to go. Thanks for the help! We should be pushing a fix soon.

This discussion has been closed.