test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

#FIXED# Neverwinter opening on wrong monitor resolution locked

scorpionovemscorpionovem Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited November 2015 in Peer to Peer Tech Forum
Like the title says, Neverwinter opens on the secondary monitor of my dual monitor set-up.
This monitor has a res of 1280x1024 and even after windowing the game and dragging it to my primary monitor (1920x1080) and changing the aspect ratio, I'm still unable to go beyond 1280x1024.
This setting also still says '(desktop)' even after switching monitor and going fullscreen on it.

I've tried adding -windowed as a command line option and it does start windowed, but on the wrong monitor still.
This is the only game that has this behavior.

I'm currently on Win10 and in the past I've played Nw on Win7 without this problem on the same set-up.

I really want to get back into the game so please advise.
Post edited by scorpionovem on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2015
    See if this works for you but in reverse: When I want to drag my game screen over to my second monitor (main is 1680x1058, second is 1280x1024), I put my mouse in the top right of the game screen to get the window options to appear, then press the middle one to put the client into windowed mode with a title bar. I then drag the title bar over to my second screen and snap it to the top so it fills the screen. I then double-click the title bar to put it back into Windowed Full Screen Mode.

However, the reason you're client is opening on your second screen may be because you have it set as the Primary display by mistake. Many windows 10 applications default to whatever screen your Taskbar/Start Button is pinned to, so it can mislead people to thinking that is their primary set screen. To change your primary screen, right-click the background and select "Display settings." Select your main monitor on that screen and then check mark "Make this my main display" at the bottom. If it is already set as your main display, try swapping them and then swap back.

Also, another cause could be that you are Spanning the displays in your Graphics Card's Manufacturer's Settings. If this is the case, try using the Extend option instead.
  • Options
    scorpionovemscorpionovem Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Thank you for the tips, I tried them all and none worked :smile:

I did fix the problem however, In the 'videocard' menu item I noticed that next to the DirectX choice it also said #1 and #2.
    After switching this from #1 to #2 the game opened on my main monitor after a restart and I was able to choose the correct res.
    Had to restart to make the menu buttons behave correctly though.