test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Girl in the Background of the Forums

pricetagcloudpricetagcloud Member Posts: 130 Arc User
Sooo.... is she single? I'm just saying, she looks great <3 Who is it anyways? I'm not up with the dnd lore :sweat_smile:
SW: Callisto Shedevil. Soul Binder Temptation 16.1k GS
GUILD: ~Myrmidons~

Would Love to party up with people for pretty much anything!

Comments

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2015

Sooo.... is she single? I'm just saying, she looks great <3 Who is it anyways? I'm not up with the dnd lore :sweat_smile: </p>

That is Valindra Shadowmantle.... *the mage looks around to make sure he didn't just summon her* ...and that face of hers is an illusion of what she used to be. While she used to be one hot Moon Elf... she is not anymore... unless you're into decaying liches that want to rip your heart out and infuse it with your stolen soul before devouring it and reanimating your corpse as a ragdoll.

Yeah, the artwork of her is awesome, in-game, in real life portraits, and in D&D lore for sure. I even have a poster of her framed on my wall and a statue of her as well. Alas, her heart has been eternally broken and there is no way in the nine hells anyone would score a date with her again.

Siege of Neverwinter, Pt 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS-w9tj8njQ

Siege of Neverwinter, Pt 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhIJXvGs5Sk

Siege of Neverwinter, Pt 3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1AVR_QEf4c

• neuroticnekoneuroticneko Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    I swear the tiefling in the intro; is a warlock and sorry; I like trying to work out the classes from the intro.
    Jadis 25K Level 80 Warlock; Cassandra.. Wizard; work in progress.
  • pricetagcloudpricetagcloud Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    zebular said:

Sooo.... is she single? I'm just saying, she looks great <3 Who is it anyways? I'm not up with the dnd lore :sweat_smile: </p>

That is Valindra Shadowmantle.... *the mage looks around to make sure he didn't just summon her* ...and that face of hers is an illusion of what she used to be. While she used to be one hot Moon Elf... she is not anymore... unless you're into decaying liches that want to rip your heart out and infuse it with your stolen soul before devouring it and reanimating your corpse as a ragdoll.

Yeah, the artwork of her is awesome, in-game, in real life portraits, and in D&D lore for sure. I even have a poster of her framed on my wall and a statue of her as well. Alas, her heart has been eternally broken and there is no way in the nine hells anyone would score a date with her again.

Thanks I didn't realize that was her! Dang. We need a prologue dungeon just to see her in action pre-lich xD
    SW: Callisto Shedevil. Soul Binder Temptation 16.1k GS
    GUILD: ~Myrmidons~

Would Love to party up with people for pretty much anything!
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    she was dead for long time ago, she could be a mother of Aribeth the fallen paladin from Neverwinter Nights, so i think she made a vow to avenge and want to see city completely destroyed.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    No, Valindra had nothing to do with Aribeth.
    okay, you just shot down a theory, so, why and what reason she is upset and want to destroy?
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    She's aligned with the thayans, so she's probably a lackey of Szass Tam or something.

It'd be interesting to have to fight Szass Tam as an antagonist (A Szass Tagonist?) but honestly, Tiamat and Demogorgon are higher tier threats, so narratively speaking, that'd be moving backwards. Alas.
  • suxip01111suxip01111 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    Used to be hot, now she looks more like Michael Jackson.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Valindra used to be a member of the Arcane Brotherhood. Just saying.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    ...also, she's got cosmetic implants. Organic matter would've decayed...

Maybe those were from that French company, and material quality caused her mental state by causing multiple frontal lobe micro-infarctions???
  • neirgaraneirgara Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    Valindra Shadowmantle was an Overwizard of the Host Tower of the Arcane and Master of the North Tower responsible for the Brotherhoods operations in the northern quadrant of Faerûn.[1] Later, she became an important player in the politics of rebuilt Neverwinter.

Valindra never felt the same respect for community that other moon elves shared. She grew into a self-absorbed individual who cared little for anything that wasn't connected to her own interests or goals.[1] Valindra prided herself on her intellect and would rather talk her way out of a fight than blast an opponent with magic. That said, she wouldn't hesitate to kill or maim an enemy if the situation demanded it.

Born in 1225 DR in the High Forest, where she trained as a wizard. Frustrated with the slow pace of her education, she left her homeland in 1322 DR to pursue her own goals. Valindra made her way to Mirabar where she found little trouble persuading a trusting old wizard to take her on as an apprentice. After a year working with her mentor she murdered him and appropriated his spellbooks and magic items. From there she headed for Luskan and made contact with the Arcane Brotherhood, eventually earning a place as one of their lesser agents in 1362 DR.[1]

Since then she applied herself to carrying out assignments with precision and alacrity, gaining a reputation that put her in good stead when the Archmage Arcane sought a replacement Overwizard of the North Tower in the wake of his purging of the organization in late 1371 DR or early 1372 DR.[1]

It appears that after the destruction of the Hosttower of the Arcane, and the death of herself and her husband Arklem Greeth she appeared to have become a lich. Their phylacteries were made from gems that were given to them by Jarlaxle. She had long lustrous black hair, delicate features and the inner flames in her eyes common to liches. She seemed to enjoy being reminded of her beauty and she appeared to be sweet at times. But her instability grew over time and she became more unstable and aggressive in combat - not caring if allies got caught in the cross fire.[6]

During her travels with the fanatics of Asmodeus under the command of Thay she showed that she was fully willing and hoping to join in the ranks of Szass Tam. Using a powerful rich-red ruby scepter of Asmodeus that was given to her by Szass Tam and with the prayers of the cultists, she called forth a pit fiend called Beealtimatuche whom in the end was responsible for the death of Bruenor Battlehammer. She was cast below ground in her wraith form by Jarlaxle and as she did so she swore to murder Jarlaxle, Drizzt Do'Urden, and Dahlia Sin'felle.

In Neverwinter Nights, a non-lich elf by the name of Valindra Shadowmantle appears during the infiltration of the Host Tower of the Arcane. She is one of the faction that has thrown in with Maugrim Korothir. No indication is given that this version of Valindra is married to Arklem Greeth who is the Archmage Arcane Maugrim supplanted.

from the Forgotten realms Wiki
    http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Valindra_Shadowmantle
    cool story, thanks for info, Neirgara.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator

Thanks I didn't realize that was her! Dang. We need a prologue dungeon just to see her in action pre-lich xD

As others mentioned she died around 100 years ago. She was killed in Luskan during the revolt against the Host Tower of the Arcane in the book The Pirate King.

Liches were once living wizards. Their bodies are not transformed to look like rotten corpses through the transition but their bodies literally decay over time. As such they could appear somewhat alive for some time even after their death even without illusions.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2015

As others mentioned she died around 100 years ago. She was killed in Luskan during the revolt against the Host Tower of the Arcane in the book The Pirate King.

Liches were once living wizards. Their bodies are not transformed to look like rotten corpses through the transition but their bodies literally decay over time. As such they could appear somewhat alive for some time even after their death even without illusions.
    In Valindra's case, she likes to put on an illusion of her former beauty and then (in D&D terms) her aura of fear is enacted as she slowly unveils her true appearance as her skin begins to crack and fall away before her enemies. She does this to try and unsettle her would-be attackers, which fits in with a Lich's fear aura. Just seeing her in her true form though is unsettling enough, in my opinion!
  • benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    She looks like my ex-wife, complete with the crumbling face, it's quite unsettling. Stay away from meth.