What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Played for about 3 weeks now

2»

Comments

• Options
    treefq#6477 treefq Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    ...The original post, I believe, was commenting on the difficulty for new players to establish a 'toe hold' on the game economy in it's current form....

This.

I am having fun, don't get me wrong but I see a ton of stuff out of my reach.
  • Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User

The economy has changed and so my active guildies focus and needs changed to adopt this current environment. Anyone read "Who moved my cheese?"

My guild understands we must work closely together to make a diamond in this economy. Combined, I sold (some sales pending) and salvaged 140K'ish in four hours last night. Could have been better but joking and making fun of one another makes daily efforts fun. Joining a dungeon that someone else could not finish also helps. Heck myself and two others wiped Cragmire from the start only to have the last two join at the last camp fire. Punks! WE had fun anyway.

I saw someone post "no life" or "one game" and to that I ask, how much are you spending on "a game" that expires in less than a years time? So how much are you spending on these games in a year? I have spent a third of what I would spend if I engaged other games. I might be missing out on something cool, but I am into this and don't give other games a second look.

For those that did not pay attention, this is D&D. It's origins date back to the early 70's. This MMO is barely breaking the surface and will get legs over time (with growing pains) like its table top version has done.

I am OK with the AD structure, it allowed the market to sell me both necklace and belt of Lostmauth for 176K. :)

Finally someone talking some sense... apart from who moved my cheese lol :)

I agree with everything you said. People are just too short minded and want everything within a few days of playing it seems, to much of a rush to obtain things. If it takes 2 weeks of playing to save up for something then I`ll do that, I will not complain about it (I`m not saying people should not complain mind you).
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    deathbringer#1709 deathbringer Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    I also realize the grind is real with the game. But this game is dying and will be dead by years end, on Xbox at least. Just too many things pssing people off and it being "too hard" for many, those things are killing the game. I will also most likely stop playing as well, the issues are just getting to be too much to stand. Out of the 1.6mil people that downloaded and played the game, I would NOT be surprised if 1.59mil people have already STOPPED playing.
  • Options
    soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    wdj40 said:

wdj40 said:

Only took me a couple of weeks to get Alchemy to 25... a couple more to get Leatherworking to 25 etc etc...

How do you get a profession to level 25 in just two weeks?
    Sorry I do not mean from a brand new level 1 player perspective so I apologise if it came across like that. When I say a couple of weeks that is just a guess, but once you have 7/8 slots open you just spam Deep Wilderness Gathering in every slot at level 1, level 7, level 14 and then level 21. If you have some Blue or Purple people this obviously helps massively to get to 25. You can do this 3 possibly 4 times a day.

In my Guild some of us share our profession tools/Workers for people who need to open an extra slot or 2 or to spam Deep Wilderness Gathering until level 25.
    i just want to point out that deep wilderness is not even the fastest way to level up your professions. it's probably the easiest though. i agree with your post, just saying if people want to go faster they can actually craft some of the things offered in the profession as they provide more XP for the time invested.

My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
  • Options
    i just want to provide some perspective here. i have been playing about 3 months i believe. i play between 1-2 hours a day max during the week. on weekends i can either play a lot more, or not at all. i am currently over 2k item level, enough to queue up epic dungeons. here is a list of things that i do not have/that i want:

epic mount
    BiS pants
    BiS shirt
    greater or better weapon enchantment
    better than lesser armor enchantment
    lostmauth neck
    lostmauth horn
    BiS rings
    better armor(i am still running all equipment from the leveling quests)
    my first legendary ANYTHING

there is more but this is off the top of my head. as you can see, i lack many of the things that others have... many of the things that a lot of people complaining about AD lack. but, i can still play the game successfully. i have a DPS build and i still often times top DPS chart in dungeons and skirmishes.

i did not make much AD on my way from level 60-70, but i did make some. i sold unwanted refining stones and enchantments that i received from heroic encounters etc. i also paid for 3 months of VIP... some real money and bought some zen with AD. i sold(and still do) things that i do not want that i get from my daily lock box opening. i can often get 10-20k AD a day from doing this, or i get something that i want to keep. but really your goal should be reaching lvl 70 ASAP as you will have more avenues of AD this way. thankfully we have double XP this weekend.

it takes time to build AD for the casual player but you can do it. you have to be smart about it, don't just spend it once you have enough to get something you want. look for good deals and sell them back on the AH for a profit... don't forget to calculate the posting fee. once i got a 20% off companion coupon from praying. i looked at costs in the zen market, looked at what they were selling for in the AH. i bought a galeb durr and sold it for a little under 100k AD profit. in otherwords, once you have some AD built up, use it to make some more.

and like i said earlier, i don't have BiS anything and still perform great. i recommend just enjoying the journey along they way to those items. PvP may be harder to compete, i can't speak to that.
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
  • Options
    Do youguys want a player base or not? With all the game options out there people are not going to stay here for any length of time once they realize what they are going to have to do. The bald truth is people want to feel like they can progress. The % of people who want it all is pretty small but in general very few are happy to invest the amount of tone in the game to just be adequate. If there were better goals then to just get to 70 then NW could hold some interest. His many people have enough inventory space? How many are content with the amount of bank space? Do you just have 2 char slots still? The price of Zen and the difficulty to earn it in game is also killing the enjoyment.
  • Options
    cactusjacktercactusjackter Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    There's only one thing they charge Zen for that they really shouldn't - rename token. That's just daft.
  • Options
    majkei93majkei93 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Hello, Im new in neverwinter and I have problem with skill on TAB... I mean, that after I reached lvl 15 (now i'm 30 Paladin) the skill what should be on TAB didnt appeared, what to do?!? Maybe I shouldnt write about this here but i dont know where I should write for help ;(
    Post edited by majkei93 on
  • Options
    In your powers list hit x to equip the power you want. Then choose where to put it.
  • Options
    davidagaldodavidagaldo Member Posts: 383 Arc User

I also realize the grind is real with the game. But this game is dying and will be dead by years end, on Xbox at least. Just too many things pssing people off and it being "too hard" for many, those things are killing the game. I will also most likely stop playing as well, the issues are just getting to be too much to stand. Out of the 1.6mil people that downloaded and played the game, I would NOT be surprised if 1.59mil people have already STOPPED playing.

You're describing the typical console user. The console environment is a game(s) grind. The constant home screen adverts for future releases is amazing. Its awesome we get the opportunity to beta and preview games. I am not taken in by the hype anymore. I am trading in the idea of I need to play all the new releases. Many seem to be evolving in the wrong direction and chasing peeps away before they become available.

So, there is a Black Ops releasing soon and I am sure many will cross over to it, beat the story line, compete in Live. Then, invariably, the game in a years time will expire. Who's up next, Infinity Ward?

Guild: Spectrum
    .. Teucer (HR) / Maximus Decimus (DC) .. GT: ApexDemon
  • Options
    rroadwarrior#3554 rroadwarrior Member Posts: 5 New User
    > @treefq#6477 said:
    > The biggest issue for new players is the economy. It is shot. The actual amount of AD needed to do anything progressive is ridiculous. My pet hit 25 and to upgrade him is 500,000. I haven't figured out the tokens yet. Then there is the cost of Zen. $10 just to get VIP is more then enough to spend real mone on per month. Forget anything else. Can't even buy a stupid bag.
    >
    > Quests need to reward Zen and AD. There needs to be a way to earn in game currency in the game. Or let us convert the seals and zone marks into Zen or AD.
    >
    > Lord of the rings online does this right. All I can do at the Zen market is see what I can pay money to have. The game is still fun and I will continue to play but it sucks knowing there is so much more I can do if I was willing to pay more then I already am willing.

The problem here is this game is a pay to win game. Don't let anyone tell you different. Some will argue that you can earn anything you want, you just have to grind it out.
    My rebuttal: Unless you're a "Bum" who lays around all day doing nothing, who has that kind of time. Don't give me <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> wrap it with a pretty bow and tell me it's something else. It's still <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • Options

> @treefq#6477 said:

> The biggest issue for new players is the economy. It is shot. The actual amount of AD needed to do anything progressive is ridiculous. My pet hit 25 and to upgrade him is 500,000. I haven't figured out the tokens yet. Then there is the cost of Zen. $10 just to get VIP is more then enough to spend real mone on per month. Forget anything else. Can't even buy a stupid bag.

>

> Quests need to reward Zen and AD. There needs to be a way to earn in game currency in the game. Or let us convert the seals and zone marks into Zen or AD.

>

> Lord of the rings online does this right. All I can do at the Zen market is see what I can pay money to have. The game is still fun and I will continue to play but it sucks knowing there is so much more I can do if I was willing to pay more then I already am willing.

The problem here is this game is a pay to win game. Don't let anyone tell you different. Some will argue that you can earn anything you want, you just have to grind it out.

My rebuttal: Unless you're a "Bum" who lays around all day doing nothing, who has that kind of time. Don't give me HAMSTER wrap it with a pretty bow and tell me it's something else. It's still HAMSTER.

i just gave myself as an example a few post prior to yours in this thread. over time you can earn anything you want. i have a full time job, work nights, go to the gym 3-4 times a week, i have a wife and 3 children and all the responsibilities that come with them. that equates to me not being a bum that lays around all day. i have spent 20 dollars on this game, far less money than many other games. PvP aside, you can "win" at this game and not have all the pretty things the game has to offer. PvP i will grant, definitely seems broken. it can be fun until you reach top level and then you can prepare yourself to lose a lot until you gear up.

as for PvE, what else can be considered "winning". i'm not the best, and yet i outperform better geared people all the time. i can solo just fine. i can run dungeons and skirmishes with PUG or guild members and beat them. i have 2 professions at level 25 and 1 at level 19. i have 2 characters at level 70 and 1 at level 61. my 20 dollars went to VIP. before VIP i did just as well in the game. also, i did not start at the beginning when AD was super easy to make, so i was not sitting on a mountain of wealth entering mod 6.

the game is not pay to win. free 2 play models are not new. if you want to see pay to win, go check out game of war, where people drop thousands a week on a freaking mobile game. yah you can eek out some success as a trap, but unless you drop big money you will never be able to play the same way as other big money players. in this game, i do everything that everyone else does.

i think some of the problem is that the devs are cramming so much content down our throats so quickly. where PC had months between mods, we only have weeks before strongholds comes out. so people feel like they are falling behind. but the game is not going anywhere.. the new content will slow back down soon and everyone will catch back up.

My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
  • Options
    sharpassassin1sharpassassin1 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    soonergm said:

i think some of the problem is that the devs are cramming so much content down our throats so quickly. where PC had months between mods, we only have weeks before strongholds comes out. so people feel like they are falling behind. but the game is not going anywhere.. the new content will slow back down soon and everyone will catch back up.

I think this is the entire problem with neverwinter in it's current state....new content is great, however there has been so much so fast that people haven't had an opportunity to soak it all in. Over time everyone will catch back up (DR helped), however in the meantime people are simply overwhelmed trying to keep up to stay competitive with/against their peers.

• Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    soonergm said:

> @treefq#6477 said:

>

>

My rebuttal: Unless you're a "Bum" who lays around all day doing nothing, who has that kind of time. Don't give me HAMSTER wrap it with a pretty bow and tell me it's something else. It's still HAMSTER.

i just gave myself as an example a few post prior to yours in this thread. over time you can earn anything you want. i have a full time job, work nights, go to the gym 3-4 times a week, i have a wife and 3 children and all the responsibilities that come with them. that equates to me not being a bum that lays around all day. i have spent 20 dollars on this game, far less money than many other games. PvP aside, you can "win" at this game and not have all the pretty things the game has to offer. PvP i will grant, definitely seems broken. it can be fun until you reach top level and then you can prepare yourself to lose a lot until you gear up.

as for PvE, what else can be considered "winning". i'm not the best, and yet i outperform better geared people all the time. i can solo just fine. i can run dungeons and skirmishes with PUG or guild members and beat them. i have 2 professions at level 25 and 1 at level 19. i have 2 characters at level 70 and 1 at level 61. my 20 dollars went to VIP. before VIP i did just as well in the game. also, i did not start at the beginning when AD was super easy to make, so i was not sitting on a mountain of wealth entering mod 6.

the game is not pay to win. free 2 play models are not new. if you want to see pay to win, go check out game of war, where people drop thousands a week on a freaking mobile game. yah you can eek out some success as a trap, but unless you drop big money you will never be able to play the same way as other big money players. in this game, i do everything that everyone else does.

Also you want to see a pay to win game check out Grepolis... You literally spend money for a week of 10% more attack/defence etc etc or money for a week of being able to build 7 things at a time instead of 2. Or buy buy buy buy your troops, walls etc when being attacked. Its crazy, some players are almost impossible to beat due to their funds.

This is a free to play game and you can spend a little money to speed things up if you so CHOOSE! No-one forces anyone here to spend money, I did I spent £5 (+£10 voucher) in support of the game ages ago which I used to get the Heirloom pack.

Everything else in the game I have earned and it is heck of a lot over a long period of time. I`ve mentioned this in some thread somewhere that people are just too short minded and want everything too quickly.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,044 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Just one thing, do not upgrade companions until the Devs have reduced the AD prices for the upgrade.

On the PC side, you can buy 2-3 epic companions from the AH for the price of upgrading 1 companion to rare...
    And there might even be some AD left over to buy all the needed loyal equipment for the new companions.

But the companion upgrade prices are only a part of the "AD Changes" problem in here, there are more AD expenses that need to be reduced asap as well.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!